Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 Pts. GK Deep Strike

5 posters

Go down

1500 Pts. GK Deep Strike Empty 1500 Pts. GK Deep Strike

Post by elugin Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:47 am

Hail Brothers, here are a few concepts for a Deep Strike army

HQ - Mordrak + 5 Ghost Knights (4 Halberds, Hammer, banner) 425
HQ - Librarian (MC Halberd, Teleport Homer, 3 Servokulls, MoT, Sanctuary, Warp Rift) 205
Elite - Callidus 145
Troops - 10 GKSS (Psybolts, 2 Psycannons, 2 Hammers, 6 Halberds) 290
Troops - 5 GKSS (Psycannon, Hammer, 3 Halberds) 135
Fast - 5 GKIS (Psycannon, Hammer, 3 Halberds) 165
Heavy - Dreadnought (2 Autocannons, Psybolts) 135

Total 1500

Tactic is simple. Before deployment, place the skulls, usually on objectives. Deployment, only the dread, in cover, ready to shoot. Play as second if against shooter (opponent wastes one shooting phase), to be decided otherwise. Turn one, DS Mordrak, Libby is in his unit. No need of Shrouding, since the Ghost Knights already have Stealth. From then on, wait for units to DS next to Libby or, if they are late, on objectives. Keep GKIS for a final rush for objectives. Antitank provided by Dread, 6 hammers, 4 psycannons and warp rift.

Now, since it is most likely that my next (and most frequent) opponent is a Tau player (no ethereal), I want to modify this list to play against him. I don't need halberds, since I always have higher initiative (except for his commander)

HQ - Mordrak + 5 Ghost Knights (1 Hammer, banner) 425
HQ - Librarian (MC Sword, Teleport Homer, 3 Servokulls, MoT, Sanctuary, Warp Rift, Shrouding) 205
Elite - Callidus 145
Troops - 10 GKSS (Psybolts, 2 Psycannons, 2 Hammers) 260
Troops - 5 GKSS (Psycannon, Hammer) 120
Fast - 5 GKIS (Psycannon, Hammer) 150
Heavy - NDK (Gatling Psylencer, Hammer) 175

Total 1480

Now, this is what I mean Deep Strike, all units enter in Deep Strike (or similar for Callidus). Tactics similar to the previous case. I dropped the Librarian Halberd and took Shrouding, it could be helpful for the friendly units against such anti power armor firepower. I have 20 spare points. I could use them for a few falchions on the Ghost Knights, or to upgrade the NGK from hammer to greatsword (and 5 free points). Any advice?

To be honest, I like this list so much (although usually I don't like taking special characters) that I would like to tweak in order to work fine against almost any enemy.

HQ - Mordrak + 5 Ghost Knights (4 Halberds, Hammer, banner) 425
HQ - Librarian (MC Halberd, Teleport Homer, 3 Servokulls, MoT, Sanctuary, Warp Rift) 205
Elite - Callidus 145
Troops - 10 GKSS (Psybolts, 2 Psycannons, 2 Hammers, 6 Halberds) 290
Troops - 5 GKSS (Psycannon, Hammer, 3 Halberds) 135
Fast - 5 GKIS (Psycannon, Hammer, 3 Halberds) 165
Heavy - NDK (Gatling Psylencer, Hammer) 175

Total 1540

This is 40 points over. I could drop one Ghost Knight, and that would be easy, or dropping hammers and a few Halberds from the 5 men squads. Other possibilities?
elugin
elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 368
Army : Gray Knights, Orks, Biel-Tan and the Court of the Young King, plus High Elves for Fantasy fans...
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 Pts. GK Deep Strike Empty Re: 1500 Pts. GK Deep Strike

Post by Nausaden Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:00 pm

I use Mordrak in a lot of lists; all geared around teleporting into the field and what have you. Granted, all my lists are very heavy termie themed, so its refreshing to see these power armored ones.

As far as tips, try to fit in a purgation squad with 4 psycannons, start them nice and hidden on the board, and teleport them with the summoning mid field with Mordrak. If they are in good cover without LOS all the better. I'm pretty sure a squad of 5 with 4 psycannons and a hammer comes down to around 180. It would be a fantastic anti heavy/tank, and more useful than 5 interceptors (squads of 7-10 are a ton more survivable and useful for interceptors in my experience).
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:59 pm

i like this list i was going to try and come up with a DS list but yours looks so good am going to use it and tweek it a little to my models
i like the GKIS but i think the sugestion of a purgation squad does sound good and with them behind a building out of LOS shooting away close by would be hard for enemy to attack both this squad and mordrak
rogueuk
rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:38 pm

Nausaden wrote:....As far as tips, try to fit in a purgation squad with 4 psycannons, start them nice and hidden on the board, and teleport them with the summoning mid field with Mordrak.....

Are you saying Use the libby's summoning to bring them to him where you already have Mordrak placed, or are you saying to attach Mordrak to the purgation squad and have them teleport in on first turn?
Titus
Titus
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 298
Army : Grey Knights, Legion of the Damned, White Scars, Space Wolves, Fallen Dark Angels, 1000 Sons of Prospero(pre-heresy)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by elugin Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:11 pm

That's the point. I can't attach them to Mordrek, so I guess he's saying to DS Mordrek, Ghosts and Libby at mid field, then summon the purgators. The problem is that at the moment summoning seems to be very unreliable, that's why I didn't choose it for the Librarian: I could have those purgator disappear or land in plain sight.

Moreover, purgators don't fit in a pure DS army, they don't deepstrike. But this is a second order problem Razz
elugin
elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Army : Gray Knights, Orks, Biel-Tan and the Court of the Young King, plus High Elves for Fantasy fans...

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:37 am

*Nods* You are correct Brother Eugin. Sadly, the Summoning IS hotly debated. I shall stick to my views that its safe with the homer, at least for now. And aye, they don't deepstrike, lame.

You of course would have an amazing squad that is THE ONLY OTHER UNIT to have the teleport homer aside for the GK libby. Eh? Think about it. All those psycannons. Wrecking tanks/monstrous creatures/skimmers/etc. Its a nice unit.

(Personally, I just go all termies myself. Mmmm. Terminators)
Very Happy
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by elugin Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:56 am

Sadly, all my Termies are already fielded in this army, I have to wait sometime before doing a termi-only army...

I gave more than one thought to Purgators, and a unit with homer is in my whish list. I only have to figure out a way to field them in a good position so that their homer is useful, and not only sitting back in my deployment zone. A razorback (and grand strategy scouting) would be great, but I hate rhinos and razorbacks Very Happy

Actually, we have a few more options for the homer: the StormRaven is a possible choice (very fast, need to find cover until deep strike, costly), and the mystic (enough said).

By the way, do you think it is possible to DS Mordrak in a StormRaven, at turn 1 with no scatter (Mordrek, 4 Ghosts and a Libby, plus Dreadnought)?
elugin
elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Fri Apr 15, 2011 4:36 pm

Heres what you should do; have the raven on turn one, deepstrike libby and mordrak somewhere midfield. Stormraven ZOOMS all the way out with teleport homer; so that homer WILL WORK since its been on the field for a turn. Libby uses summoning to pull something up to him Wink Units in stormraven already with dread and a unit, then you safely are teleporting something else there...its genius.

Since the Stomravens not a dedicated transport, you cant have it deepstrike with Mordrak *chuckles*. Fun idea though.

Purgation squads are best set up when you have more than 12" deployment scenario; so you can set them up hidden in a building or something.
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by elugin Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:36 am

Nausaden wrote:Since the Stomravens not a dedicated transport, you cant have it deepstrike with Mordrak *chuckles*. Fun idea though.
It makes sense. So Mordrak cannot deepstrike in a SR because it is not a dedicated transport, and he does not accompany the SR, but any IQ can join him in a 1st turn DS because he accompanies them. Is that correct?
elugin
elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:32 pm

*Nods* Precisely Brother Elugin. So long as the IC can deepstrike as well.
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:01 pm

id degrade the strike squad which is 10 man to 5 man and add another unit of interceptor for the troop choice under mordraks grand strategy. put an incinerator in there aswell cheers burn heretic!
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content