Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

castellan + purifiers

5 posters

Go down

castellan + purifiers Empty castellan + purifiers

Post by stormknight Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:40 pm

Castellan Crowe (150)

Land Raider Crusader w/pysbolts (260) or land raider?

(2) Purifiers x 10 - 4 pyscannon + rhino (640) + 1 random nemesis hammer

Purifiers x 10 - Warding stave, nemesis hammer, halberds x 8 (286)

Purifiers x 6 - nemesis hammer, halberds x 5 (159)

I am tempted to get a GrandMaster instead of having that last squad of purifiers to use the d3 roll of 'scout' to get them razor backs getting more pyscannon shots early on...

Tactics:

Pyscannons form the backbone midfield of the board, once i'm happy about enemy vehicles (non-existant or close to it) they'll push forward/claim objectives. I decided razorbacks are a waste of extra pyscannon shots i could use instead which complete the real role of the backbone which is eliminate enemy vehicles ASAP.

Land Raider Crusader will form a spearhead which will form and surge forward by turn 3 or earlier depending on scenario.

rhinos will help castellan and the smaller unit of purifiers stay alive/hidden so that they can be flexible to enemy threats.

... will castellan and his purifiers find their foe, or will the whole imperium fall apart before they can get close enough to destroy it.

stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

castellan + purifiers Empty Re: castellan + purifiers

Post by NemesisForce Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:20 pm

Definitely go for the Land Raider for the long-range a/t. Try to scrape some points so you have enough for at least one Rhino. Your strength is in close combat and you'll need to get in the thick of it as fast as you can.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:22 pm

Thats a valid point about a/t.

POST EDITED:

i've been working on building the list based around the utility belt. Someone else mentioned it on the forum so I decided it would be best to incoperate it into my list. Instead of increasing my body count by 6, improve maenuverability and survivability. note: can't wait till June when I start work and build this list!

HQ
Castellan Crowe
Librarian w/ Summoning, Shrouding, Warp Rift and Sanctuary.

TROOPS
Purifiers (10) w/ 4 Pyscannons, Rhino
Purifiers (10) w/ 4 Pyscannons, Rhino
Purifiers (10) w/ stave, hammer and 7 halberds (can't afford 8th one)

HEAVY SUPPORT
LandRaider Redeemer w/multi-melta

I chose the Redeemer considering most deployment missions, I won't have time to move 6" and fire it's lascannons. Instead it's versatility Is far more valuable.

Tactics
Claim the middle of the board ASAP (turn 1 pyscannons take assault shots)
LandRaider w/ Purifiers & Librarian move forward (turn 2 pyscannons take heavy shots)
Librarian can summon 2 units Castellan or Purifiers (from turn 3 onwards)

I haven't formulated a list including interceptors w/librarian instead of Purifiers w/librarian and Land Raider.

thanks for taking your time to look at my list.

Last edited by stormknight on Sun Apr 24, 2011 7:20 am; edited 1 time in total
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:12 am

I like what you're trying to do with the list, but Crowe is not an Independent Character so he can't be attached to a purifier squad...he has to walk on his own...
Which means your purifiers will be without the 4+ rending assault attacks and re-roll failed saves of Crowe's "The Perfect Warrior", but also won't suffer the Furious Charge and FnP against them either.

Sorry if this rule really makes you go "aRRRRGGHH!" It did me
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sat Apr 23, 2011 5:56 am

Corennus wrote:Crowe is not an Independent Character so he can't be attached to a purifier squad...he has to walk on his own...

REALLY? Sad
then what does the "Unit Type: Infantry (Character)" means?
can't really get the sense of that (Character)....
Steel
Steel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:24 am

The 'infantry' part just denotes the type of unit the model is and the rules pertaining to it. Page 51 of the rulebook gives the rundown of all. Although most characters can join units, only those with the Indepenent rule can do so. (page 48). Usually the characters special rules (in Crowe's case fluff as well) determines wether they get the IC status or not. Sucks? Yes. But from a fluff perspective I get it. Nobody in their right mind wants to be around a guy wielding a thoroughly evil, self-abusing warp-spawned daemonblade.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:25 am

Nemesis is correct. a character must have the "Independent character" special rule to join or leave units. Any characters without this rule (assassins, mephiston, etc) have to run around solo.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:36 am

i understand, thanks for the clarification Smile
i tought that "characters" meant he HAD to join a squad, mandatory, but without the bad consequencies of being "independent" , like being targetted in CC and count as a separate unit for scoring points.
Steel
Steel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:13 am

Steel wrote:i understand, thanks for the clarification Smile
i tought that "characters" meant he HAD to join a squad, mandatory, but without the bad consequencies of being "independent" , like being targetted in CC and count as a separate unit for scoring points.
I thought he was a squad upgrade at first which imo would make him even better than an independant character, I've updated my list to make it more readable. Smile I'm tempted to add an interceptor attack force, replacing the LandRaider, Librarian and Purifies but i'm pretty sure it won't be as good
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Steel Mon Apr 25, 2011 6:33 am

stormknight wrote: I'm tempted to add an interceptor attack force, replacing the LandRaider, Librarian and Purifies but i'm pretty sure it won't be as good

Well your army is focused on close combat, so purifiers are the best choice, expecially with a librarian to support them.
I'd probably take 1 or 2 incinerators in the squad you'll bring in the LR (and maybe no psycannons but need to think of it).
Also, consider giving your Lib a protective stave, because he'll attract hell of attacks in CC... you can maybe get that stave from the purifiers squad

i don't understand why you decided to have a single stave in a whole squad... maybe i need to learn something about it Smile
same goes for the hammer

Remember that you need to give the Rhino a warp stabilizer thinghy if you want to summon it with the Lib, else you'll need to deploy the purifiers inside and summon them later... but at this point i'd save the points for the Rhino, leave the purifiers on foot and steady the first turn and let them shoot heavy-mode with the psycannons before being summoned next turn.

these are just my thoughts Smile
but i admit i still have to get confidend with the new codex so please feel free to correct me anytime Smile

An intercepting squad is very good at objective missions or to bring support immediatly when needed so it'a an hard choice...
Steel
Steel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:51 pm

Ok so i've had a re-think...

Castellan 150
Librarin w/stave, shrouding, sanctuary, summoning, warp rift and might of titan, mastery lvl 3 and servo skull - 263pts
Land Raider Redeemer w/pysbolt, multi-melta - 260pts

Purifiers - 233pts w/stave and 7 halberds
x3 purifiers w/2 pyscannon, (total 7) halberd, razorback w/pysbolts, warp stabilizations (2) - 594

I've decided warp stabilization fields will be handy when my purifiers are low strength and need the razorbacks as protection when being summoned on an enemy objective.
The things i am still unsure of are, mastery lvl 3 because of pyschic defence
I'd like to playtest the might of titan vs. the daemonhammer and like to test the incinerator inside the LRR
Also i'd like to see if sanctuary can be used in a tactical way as i believe i can make my opponents feel uneasy about planning assaults which will work to my advantage.
I really hope 15 purifiers, 3 razorback and castellan is enough to create a decent backbone to the army.

i'll got my first wage slip in a while today so ill be looking at grabbing some tools and paints soon!

EDIT: I can fit a dreadnought w/twin linked autocannons by dropping mastery level 3 and 3 purifiers and one or two bobs.
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content