Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

750 points worth of Chaos!

4 posters

Go down

750 points worth of Chaos! Empty 750 points worth of Chaos!

Post by Brother Ezekiel Sat May 22, 2010 1:59 pm

Yeah I'm going to go into a 750 point tourney,thats a week and a half from now.My list will be like this:

Chaos Lord Kranus
Equipment:
Mark of Khorne,
Pair of
Lightning Claws,
Melta Bombs,
Power Armour,
Frag and Krak
Grenades,
Jump Pack
Total:155pts

CSM Squad Jules
Equipment:
Power Armour,
Frag and Krak
Grenades,
Bolter,
CC-weapon,
Bolt Pistol,
Aspiring Champion,
Power Fist,
Icon of of Chaos Glory,
2x Meltagun
Total:210pts

Rhino Doomrusher
Equipment:
Smoke Lauchers,
Searchlights,
Twin-linked bolter
Total:35pts

CSM Squad Darticus
Equipment:
Power Armour,
Frag and Krak
Grenades,
Bolter,
CC-weapon,
Bolt Pistol,
Aspiring Champion,
Power Fist,
Icon of of Chaos Glory,
2x Plasmagun
Total:220pts

Chaos Dreadnought Crazyros
Equipment:
Smoke Lauchers,
Searchlights,
DCCW,
Twin-linked Lascannon,
Heavy Flamer
Total:130pts

Grand Total:750pts

Ithink this will be a good list,since it has some mobility,ability to take out tanks and deal with MEQs.
The only thing I'm not sure is Chaos Lord,because he will be quite vunrable if he doesn't have a unit with him and if I attach him into the foot slogging squad Darticus,he'll lose his ability to move quickly.Then again I don't think making squad Jules 9-man and thus taking away its 2nd melta and then putting the Lord into the rhino with 'em is a good idea,mainly because of the meltagun loss and then if the rhino becomes compromised I got a squad of foot sloggers out in the open,with not too long ranged special weapons and a Lord in there too to be killed.And I can't afford to take out really anything,because I need the Dread to be my cheap and durable,if a litle unpredictable long range at and CC helper,once everyone gets there.And making the CSM squads to afford Raptors ain't too good idea eather,since the loss of the 2nd special weapon would weaken theyr capabilities in theyr respective fields(close range anti-tank and objective rushers and Home Security and MEQ killers),so I guess the CHaos Lord is gonna have to deal with the thing that at first sight he will be the most targeted model/squad in my army list and most will target him with lascannons and such things.I'm thinking that tho this list has less CC potential than some others,I'm liking this one myself,since the normal CSM aren't as costy as cult troops and they can cheaply get the next best thing to Fearless,which is re-rollable Ld 10.So give me so suggestions,critisism,random comments and other stuff.

Last edited by Brother Ezekiel on Sun May 23, 2010 5:57 am; edited 2 times in total
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

750 points worth of Chaos! Empty Re: 750 points worth of Chaos!

Post by NemesisForce Sat May 22, 2010 8:53 pm

List looks really good. Too bad the Lord can't ride on a Rhino roof clutching the hatch for dear life. At least with the jump pack he'll be able to keep up and hug a Rhino for cover. You might want to think of a squad of Raptors with melta guns instead of the Dread so your CL has someone to hang with. At 750 points you might be able to get away with no long-range a/t.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Sun May 23, 2010 5:55 am

Sounds reasonable,but unfortunately there are 2 factors that force me not to.
1.The lack of the Raptor models/money to get them.
And 2.They thing is,most of the armies in here seem to like close combat more than long range shooting,so if I can blow up theyr transports from far away,they'l be foot slogging and that would be just great.

But then again if I would have the dread removed,I could get a 5-man raptor squad,with 2 meltas and IoCG,which would definately protect my CL and be still fairly decent in taking out tanks or rushing into CC.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Titus Sun May 23, 2010 3:41 pm

Honestly i would drop the Dread, jump pack off the lord, and one model in the rhino squad and add a couple obliterators.
Titus
Titus
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 298
Army : Grey Knights, Legion of the Damned, White Scars, Space Wolves, Fallen Dark Angels, 1000 Sons of Prospero(pre-heresy)
Registration date : 2010-02-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk Mon May 24, 2010 12:33 pm

if you drop the jump pack, 1 melta gun with marine and then you could replace the dread with a defiler much more reliable
rogueuk
rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Mon May 24, 2010 2:06 pm

I don't really like the idea of Defiler,since it doesn't really go with the fluff I made and since that is the most important for me,making my list fluffy.But thanks for the suggestion,when I'm not playing fluffily I might look into getting a Defiler.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down