Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

'Ard Boyz game vs. IG (2500 PTS)

4 posters

Go down

'Ard Boyz game vs. IG (2500 PTS) Empty 'Ard Boyz game vs. IG (2500 PTS)

Post by Rivan Sun May 16, 2010 12:28 am

Well Brothers, as you know, just got back to the US and been pretty out of touch w/ the goings on in the GW world. I call up my local game store just to ask if they had the Battle Missions expansion book and they invite me to the 'Ard Boyz tourney that went on today. Most of my stuff is still enroute from Japan but I did have my 2000 pt army plus some extra models that I hand carried w/ me. So, I hesistantly decide to participate (since I haven't played in a while).

IG list (he had a lot of models so apologize if I'm vague about the exact units)
Several HQ's (w/ squads)
A lot of troop units (a couple of them penal legions that had extra cc weapon and rending)
leman russ
basilisk
2 vendettas
2 devil dog tanks (?) (they had melta cannons and multi meltas)
a 50-man unit w/ a commissar and 6 sergeants all w/ power weapons and extra cc weapon
an inquisitor w/ a shooty retinue
several priests w/ eviscerators

My list
GM w/ m-c nfw, p-cannon, icon, si, hammerhand + 6 GKTs (1 'cinnie)
BC w/ p-cannon + 4 GKTs (1 p-cannon)
10 man PAGK squad (1 p-cannon)
10 man PAGK squad (1 'cinnie)
10 man PAGK squad (1 'cinnie)
2 LR's w/ ea and sl
1 LRC w/ sl

all justicars had m-bombs, frag grenades.

Mission: a variation of seize ground: 5 objectives, deployment is table halves cut diagonally, extra points for certain battle objectives.

I knew this was going to be tough because I only had 3 scoring units. Without going into too much details, the game pretty much still went the way I hoped it would (as far as tactics and so forth). There were bad rolls on both sides that definitely could have changed the game's outcome. And in hindsight, I felt I could have played better by making better and more patient decisions.
In the end, we held one objective each and contested the rest (except for one that wasn't claimed by anyone). However, I scored 3 extra points for specific battle objectives vs. his 1 point. So it was a victory for the GKs at 13 to 11. Even w/ victory points, I scored 1605 vs. his 954.
My HQ unit rampaged through several units and eventually went down vs. his 50-man unit. 21 power weapon attack from his commissar and sergeants do take a toll eventually. Although by the time I lost my HQ, he was down to less than half. He had also lost his 2 vendettas, basilisk, and one devil dog tank. My LR's/LRC shrugged off more lascannon, battle cannon, melta cannon and multi-melta shots than I can count. Although 1 was eventually immobilised, it was blazing away till games end.
If I had the option, I would have kept my squads at 8 models and probably added another unit. I was just thinking of that 1 other objective that was unclaimed. He was already hard pressed holding on or contesting on his side and if I had another scoring unit (even ISTs), it could have earned me a larger victory margin. Oh well, all's well that ends well Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

'Ard Boyz game vs. IG (2500 PTS) Empty Re: 'Ard Boyz game vs. IG (2500 PTS)

Post by Aubec le noir Sun May 16, 2010 1:44 am

happy you enjoyed your game, brother and of course that you prevail Wink
what about your opponent was he a good guy worth to play against ??
how much are you participating ?
Aubec that hasn't played a tournament for many years now Crying or Very sad pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sun May 16, 2010 11:31 am

The game was awesome. My opponent was fun to play with and was very professional. Alas, I was only able to play 1 round because I had other "husbandly" duties to complete the rest of the day Razz Razz (my wife wanted me to take her somewhere).

I'm hoping to play regularly now and get back in the groove. Can't really build and paint yet until the rest of my stuff arrives from overseas Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Sun May 16, 2010 12:02 pm

Amazing battle Rivan! Glad your Grey Knights heroically overcame the radical Inquisitior and misguided Guardsmen Very Happy

But seriously, I love to see these kinds of games, with our guys so horridly outnumbered and outgunned (well, we do have our beloved LR's and Storm bolters...).

Very glad to read of your game, its good that you had fun!
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sun May 16, 2010 8:23 pm

Well done. sir. Nice to see such a unique IG list considering how many Leafblower players there are.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down