Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Daemonhunters with allied Witch Hunters

+4
NemesisForce
Aubec le noir
Primarch
yoshi46
8 posters

Go down

Daemonhunters with allied Witch Hunters Empty Daemonhunters with allied Witch Hunters

Post by yoshi46 Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Hi guys

Just wondering what you think of my army list. I dont think that the army will be super competative but the idea is that it will be fun/challenging to play (hopefully). What i have tried to make is a fast attack force that should be good at taking out marines (hence all the plasma guns) as i will mostly be playing a space marine army.

HQ
Inquisitor Lord - 282
 1 Inquisitor Lord with: bolter-plasmagun, artificer armour, teleport homer
 3 Veteran Guardsmen with: plasmaguns
 3 Acolytes with: power armour, bolters
 2 Mystics
1 Sage
 1 Rhino with: extra armour, smoke launchers

TROOPS
Inquisitorial Stormtroopers - 128
 5 Stormtroopers
 2 Plasma guns

 5 Stormtroopers
 2 Plasma guns

 5 Stormtroopers
 2 Plasma guns

 5 Stormtroopers
 2 Plasma guns

FAST ATTACK
Dominion Squad - 199
 6 Dominions
 4 Meltaguns
 1 Immolator with: extra armour, smoke launchers

Teleport Grey Knights - 285
 9 Grey Knights
 1 Justicar
 1 Incinerator

Teleport Grey Knights - 285
 9 Grey Knights
 1 Justicar
 1 Incinerator

ELITES
Vindicare Assassin - 110
 1 Vindicare Assassin

HEAVY SUPPORT
Grey Knights Dreadnought - 120
 1 Grey Knights Dreadnought
 1 Dreadnought Close Combat Weapon
 1 Storm Bolter
 1 Plasma Cannon

TOTAL

My tactics will be to speed the inquisitor up to the ememy lines (or another equally strategic spot) and use the teleport homer to deepstrike my grey knights in. The dominions are obviously for tank hunting and once that has been taken care of the immolator can go troop hunting with the flamer. The dreadnought is mostly for long range marine killy goodness and the stormtroopers are for capturing objectives/providing a meat shield/marine hunting depending on what is necessary. The vindicare will take out squad leaders/heavy weapons and such to negate any wargear/weapons/bonuses they give to a squad.

So what do you guys think? Does it look like it will be fun to play or is there something realy obvious that i have overlooked?

Last edited by yoshi46 on Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:17 am; edited 1 time in total

yoshi46
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2010-02-22

Back to top Go down

Daemonhunters with allied Witch Hunters Empty Re: Daemonhunters with allied Witch Hunters

Post by Primarch Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:20 am

GKs cannot take immolators as transports. Unless you mean incinerators, then it is legal.

I'd recommend steering away from the Vindicare assassin because although cool, he's pretty hopeless. Use the eversor instead. An eversor's I5 and huge number of attacks (and auto wound 4+) will shred through space marines and (especially) terminators in close combat.

Maybe swap plasma guns for meltaguns in one of the storm trooper squads as well to increase your AT capabilites. I would also highly recommend using a Multimelta or TL lascannon for the dread for more AT power since SM can field a heap of heavy tanks at 1800pts.

Otherwise it looks good, very interesting to see how it goes against SM.
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 461
Army : Grey Knights and a souless legion (crons)
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Daemonhunters with allied Witch Hunters Empty Re: Daemonhunters with allied Witch Hunters

Post by yoshi46 Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:38 am

Primarch wrote:GKs cannot take immolators as transports. Unless you mean incinerators, then it is legal.
Yeah I mean incinerators...I made the change to clear up the confusion...whoops Sad

Primarch wrote:Maybe swap plasma guns for meltaguns in one of the storm trooper squads as well to increase your AT capabilites.
Yeah I was thinking something like that but I wasnt sure so you have made my mind up Razz
Although would it be worth maybe buying meltaguns for my inquisitor squad instead of plasma guns since I am planing on getting them close to the enemy anyway and maybe buy an extra sage to get the re-roll to hit and then leave the stormtroopers as they are, its just that I dont realy plan on getting too close with my stormtroopers

Primarch wrote:Otherwise it looks good, very interesting to see how it goes against SM.
Thanks Primarch Smile im interested to see how it goes too, I hope that it will be a nice challenge to play as my previous armies (necrons and tyranids) have been very very easy to win with and im looking for a bit of a challenge now

yoshi46
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:28 am

if i'm remembering the rules well, you need a GK HQ to take GK dread (like the GK LR) so you'll habe to take a BC (minimum) and it make the liaison with my second point :
IL is not strong enough, imho, to be THE HQ of your army, the centerpiece of the list. I prefer, by far, a GKGM ... but as i said it's just my humble opinion Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:19 am

Aubec is correct. You'll need to work a B-C in order to field the Dread. You have 7 points to spare. May I suggest to drop the artificer armor, one warrior and swap for an Eversor as Primarch suggested. This will leave you with enough points for th B-C. This is a cool list and would be a load of fun to play. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by yoshi46 Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Aubec le noir wrote:if i'm remembering the rules well, you need a GK HQ to take GK dread (like the GK LR) so you'll habe to take a BC (minimum)
Yeah thats what I thought but when I went looking for the rule I couldnt find it...mind you it was probably just a quick glance

NemesisForce wrote:You have 7 points to spare. May I suggest to drop the artificer armor, one warrior and swap for an Eversor as Primarch suggested. This will leave you with enough points for th B-C.
Can I then put the B-C in the same squad as the Inquisitor? I looked over the rulebook and I think that I can but I just want to make sure.

Maybe I should drop everything in the inquisitors retinue except for the acolytes or something and take the B-C and terminators instead as I mostly just want him for the teleport homer for my grey knights and to allow an assassin, on that note would it be good to give the stormtroopers a teleport homer as well just incase the inquisitor gets wiped out early or just trust to my (very poor) luck?

Yoshi

yoshi46
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Primarch Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:09 pm

As an independent character the BC will be able to join the inquisitor.
Primarch
Primarch
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 461
Army : Grey Knights and a souless legion (crons)
Registration date : 2009-09-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:33 am

our teleport homer doesn't work in the 5th edition cause teleportation rules have changed (a pity ... yes i know Crying or Very sad )
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Hamsterjoe Sun Mar 14, 2010 10:57 am

Rhinos cant carry models in terminator armour i think ...

He can join the deep striking GKs though

Hamsterjoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 121
Registration date : 2009-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:43 pm

Well, if you give the Inquisitor a Chimera (Or any IST Squad), you can indeed stick a Brother Captain inside the vehicle. It's just that he'll take up 2 spots in the tank. Also, after looking over you list as well, I noticed that your Inquisitor Lord's Retinue is primarily a Shooty variant and that you only have one Sage. I personally find that having the extra re-roll would be useful when trying to get an extra hit in with the squad. Besides, for ten points, the Lord becomes BS5, and another ten points gives you the ability to re-roll one failed To-Hit Roll.

Now that I think about it, would the Re-Roll actually save a unit from suffering a wound by rolling a 1 with a plasma gun?
DarkRonin
DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by yoshi46 Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:58 am

Primarch wrote:As an independent character the BC will be able to join the inquisitor
AWSOME this could be very handy

Aubec le noir wrote:our teleport homer doesn't work in the 5th edition cause teleportation rules have changed (a pity ... yes i know )
I had just intended to use the space marine teleport homer rules as i believe that GW would intend to make them the same. Also my friend that I usually play would be happy to let me do this

Hamsterjoe wrote:Rhinos cant carry models in terminator armour i think ...
Hmm damn Sad

Hamsterjoe wrote:He can join the deep striking GKs though
I like this idea very much Very Happy

DarkRonin wrote:Well, if you give the Inquisitor a Chimera (Or any IST Squad), you can indeed stick a Brother Captain inside the vehicle. It's just that he'll take up 2 spots in the tank. Also, after looking over you list as well, I noticed that your Inquisitor Lord's Retinue is primarily a Shooty variant and that you only have one Sage. I personally find that having the extra re-roll would be useful when trying to get an extra hit in with the squad. Besides, for ten points, the Lord becomes BS5, and another ten points gives you the ability to re-roll one failed To-Hit Roll.
Sounds like a good idea DarkRonin. Ill have to take a chimera if I take an extra henchman anyway and then I have the choice of dropping a warrior (or something) and adding the B-C or not depending on the enemy

Thanks all for your input I realy realy appreciate it Very Happy truthfully I wasnt expecting this many people to be interested in another army list/grey knight noob

yoshi46
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by For the Emperor Thu Mar 18, 2010 5:36 am

Personally I'd have the Inquisitor Lord like this:
Inquisitor Lord - Incinerator, Teleport homer, Daemonhammer, Holocaust
3 warrior - 3 meltagun/Flamer
3 Acolyte - 3 Bolter-flamer
2 Mystic
1 Familiar
Rhino - EA, SL
305pts
you get loads of flame templates, which trust me will do better than plasmaguns if you get them right especially the fact they automatic hits.

Also have you thought about using SOB instead of IST?

Good luck
For the Emperor
For the Emperor
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 281
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2008-06-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by kellyj Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:01 pm

Rather than IST consider an inducted I-Guard platoon. 1 platoon gives you a 5 man command squad and 2 ten man squads. Each squad can take a heavy weapon (Autocannons rule, but a LasCannon can give you the punch you dred was providing), plus a plasma gun/flamer/grenade launcher/rocket launcher/etc AND you can toss in a Commissar to make the unit Stubborn. And buy a Chimera for each sub-unit.
Then, points depending you can either get a second Platoon OR just add more squads to the first.
Sneaky trick: IG squads can combine (not the Platoon Command squad, but the 10 man Infantry squads). This gives you an option of many troop units to hold Objectives that can still deliver a punch if their just hanging around OR>>>
Combine them into a single 30 or 40 man blob squad with many heavy weapons (consider how many S3 shots you get from 1st Rank 2nd Rank Orders if someone gets too close) and that unit is stubborn to boot. Great for KP games...the combined squad only counts as 1 Troop and the Platton Command Squad is NOT an HQ...it is a troop (also scoring, worth 1 KP).
kellyj
kellyj
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2010-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down