Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pretty new...

+12
Brother Blutcher
NemesisForce
Klomster
Nausaden
Brother Ezekiel
Snowfire
rogueuk
Rivan
Grimhack
Aubec le noir
DarkRonin
Inquisitor Grit
16 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Pretty new... - Page 2 Empty Re: Pretty new...

Post by Klomster Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:11 am

Lucky you.

The books are translated at all to your native tounge.

Only way i can read them is learn ENGLISH!

Or german, french, any of the other release languages.

Luckily school in sweden is very thourough on the enlish bit, few swedes don't know english.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:15 am

Many french dislike speaking english!!!!

I don't speak for you Aubec ! Wink
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:19 am

Yes because french are (I'll leave out my personal opinion in order to keep union between the battle brothers).
In belgium we learn like every language native to our surrounding countries...
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 684
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:27 am

Indeed, we are going to be part of third world in few years....!
Brother Blutcher
Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Jan 12, 2010 10:51 am

it's not that I dislike english (I read, write and speak it, just as i do with spanish) ... no,no ... i'm just lazy !! clown Razz
by the way BL (bibliothèque interdite) the french editor is generally quick to translate, and translations are not so bad. But as said before it seems that they focalise on the Horus Heresy, letting the other omnibuses in the backyard.
Aubec who liked to have the time to learn japanese and Mandarin chinese study pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:26 am

It doesn't really matter if you can't read it in your native tongue does it?I mean I certainly don't mind and in some causes I have disliked the tranlation from the original language to my native tongue(finnish) and besides whats the difference in reading it in english if you can do it?I mean hell I propably could read it even in russian or chech,but not swedish tho,as I really dislike the language and maybe in couple of years I'll be able to read in french and italian,as I'm taking classes of them.I really hate having to study swedish as its a must-study language,but it just plain simply in my oppinion,sucks.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:37 am

I also wish I had the time to learn japanese...
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 684
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintOfKillers Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:29 pm

Personally it would feel kinda silly to read 40k related material in any other language than english, just the thought of translating words like Space Marine or Blood Angles to swedish would sound ridiculous.

I wonder do they translate the voice acting in DOW to french or german to? Would sound funny hearing a Space Marine shout "für Der Kaiser".

@ Br Ezekiel your ancestor should have thought about that when they let themselves be conqerd by the glorius swedish crusaders under the middle ages Wink. JK

SaintOfKillers
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 40
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:32 pm

I wonder who would my ancestors could have done anything about your 'glorious' crusaders?Finland was only sparsely habited,with largest settelment being Turku,which was small.We had no military,let alone a society to talk about above village society.Then your 'glorious' swedish crusaders came along and said:"This land is our and you are now christians."What could we do?Fight it with sticks and harsh language?Well,we went with it saying:W"Ok,it dosen't matter that much that we have to pay taxes to your king and the church as long as we live."But that wasen't enough for your 'glorious' swedish bastard crusaders and theyr king.You oppreced us,you forced your religion on us,you stationed your troops on our farms because you couldn't afford to take litle money off your kings palace partys and we had to feed your soldiers for doing nothing.You might think that:"Well hey,we did bring you advancements and the glroy of a good society,but thats just bullshit!Finland was 50 years behind the rest of the Europe,because you were afraid that we'd rebel and kick your arses!You forced us into your wars,made us die for your king and your lands and when the time rose that the Imperial Russia wanted to get you to Napoleons continetblockade of Great Britain and so invaded Finland,you left it defenceless,kept your profecional army at Swedish lands,provided us with officers who were as much cowards as your king and incompetent,you offered us no reinforcements,ordered us to march north,during which many of our people died,while your so called officers where sitting at fancy dinner tables and that march to the north left south,east and middle Finland to be burned and pillaged by Russian forces.And when you finally had the guts to actully try to battle the Russians most of Finland was allready occupied,our greatest strongholds lost,our forces demoralized and greatly reduced,so we had no real change to actually win the Russians at that point.And what did your king say to that?"We can't send reanforcements because we think the Danish are going to attack and Finland ain't that significant."Bullshit!The danish had no intention of attacking Sweden at any point at that time!But still we fought and died,for you and your king,but why?Because if we wouldn't we would have been traitors and thats something that is completely unacceptable in our society.So we died,rather than be banded trators.Alas you made your peace with Imperial Russia,giving them whole Finland.Your 'glorious' swedish crusaders and theyr decendants,the swedish have done nothing but inflict misery upon us.Swedish have done only one truely good thing for us and that was to give us over Russians,because that lead to our country being modernized and after sometime under Russias rule,we became to realize that we were too dependant on Russia for our own sake and made the good and fateful decision to get our indepentence.So you can forget all about 'glorious' swedish crusaders!
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SaintOfKillers Tue Jan 12, 2010 4:28 pm

Oh it wasnt meant as a disrespect to you or your country, im sorry if i stept on any toe, it was never my intention. This is the problem with a written text, jokes might not always seams as clear to others as it does to the one who writes it. Anyway sorry for the of topic. We can continue to disscuss the swedish/finnish common history on pm or a proper forum.

On topic: Welcome Inqusitor Grit to our Ordo and an avdice i can give you if you want some more information about the 40k universe without having to go through all BL books, all codexes and old rulebooks is visiting www.lexicanum.com/.
Cheers everyone

SaintOfKillers
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 40
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-10-18

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:24 pm

Pretty new... - Page 2 1472

Don't disrespect our finnish neighbours.

On topic.
Inquisitor grit, if your not european, don't mind our squabbles, hundreds of years of war and infighting is part of our history.

If you are european, don't mind us north peoples, think of it as friendly squabbles, scandinavia is known for making jokes out of eachothers but looking after eachother too.

If you are scandinavian. You know what i speak of.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:44 pm

SaintOfKillers wrote:
I wonder do they translate the voice acting in DOW to french or german to? Would sound funny hearing a Space Marine shout "für Der Kaiser".

they really got a german voice acting in DoW and, well emperor does mean Imperator in german so "für den imperator" wich isnt far of from the original. however some words like space marines are still called the english way. Smile
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Jan 12, 2010 6:47 pm

@Souba: Welcome to our forum! Very Happy

Last edited by Rivan on Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:23 pm

thank you very much. I've been lurking around here since a while but only acted as a observer. thought i got to change that state.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum