Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 all GK list

5 posters

Go down

1500 all GK list Empty 1500 all GK list

Post by Rivan Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:19 am

It's been a while since I played at 1500 pts so I'm trying to put one together to use in a country I'm visiting soon:

HQ - GM w/ m-c nfw, p-cannon, si, ph, and hammerhand + 4 GKT (1 w/ p-cannon, 1 w/ TH & SS)
TR - 7 x PAGK (targeter, 1 p-cannon)
TR - 7 x PAGK (targeter, 1 'cinnie)
TR - 7 x PAGK (targeter, 1 'cinnie)
HS - LR w/ ea, db & sl
HS - GK dread w/ TWLLC, DCCW w/ 'cinnie & ea

What do you guys think? Thanks Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 all GK list Empty Re: 1500 all GK list

Post by NemesisForce Sat Oct 24, 2009 9:50 am

Rivan with only one Land Raider? Shocked Actually that's a very good list and one very similar in layout to what I will be using at my favorite tournie next year. Do you know what army/armies you'll be going up against?
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Sat Oct 24, 2009 8:55 pm

I like it alot! variety, good unit choice, resilience, and a mix of armor and troop killing.

I say take it as is, it's obviously going to be fun and do well, and is very fluffy to boot.

That being said, you probably posted it for suggestions instead of just a pat on the back. If you really are looking to change something i have a few ideas i use.

depending on your ability to guess ranges, i might find smoke on a Dread for a turn when it's shaken and just running more helpful then the three targeters.

I also somtimes like to make a squad of 6 with two psycannons- great for objective games. YMMV

I often find at 1500 BC stern is a super flexible choice that does very well for cheap, having free psychic powers, rerolls, and wargear. You do lose Psy Hood though, which you sometimes sorely miss, other times not at all. But your GM is 70 (if i did math right) points more expensive then a very good BC stern. The points difference is 2 cinne knights, or almost 3 knights or almost an Inquisitor and two death cults.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:18 am

Looks like a very balanced list, one that definately won't draw any raised eyebrows! I tend to prefer a double LR list at 1500 points, mainly because I so often play against gunline opponents who steamroll me overwise, I also love the control dual LR's give me :p

As MJSwasey said though Stern is an interesting choice when your really outfitting a GM, although granted he does have a few disadvantages
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Sun Oct 25, 2009 12:23 pm

Awesome list Brother Rivan!! It looks very close to my own 1500 points; it proves to be balanced and offer a lot more variety then you'll usually see with Knights I find.

I only worry that the GKD or Landraider will draw so much fire early on, and be taken out. At 1500 points they'll be a lot of heavy stuff gunning for our warriors, stuff that can't usually be stopped without lascannons. It will take your masterful maneuvering to avoid getting your prized warriors destroyed.

Also Rivan, how will you be setting up your squads of PAGK? I like to split them up a bit, psycannon guys in buildings, incinerators in land raiders, etc. to cover their brothers.
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content