Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Army 1000 points.

3 posters

Go down

New Army 1000 points. Empty New Army 1000 points.

Post by Archaeus Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:04 am

Hi there, I'm not completely new to Daemonhunters as I bought this army almost 4-5 years before, but built up an Orcs and Goblins army for Fantasy. Now I'm back and want to try playing again.

So for my list..

1 Grey Knight Grand Master (HQ) @ 175 Pts
Nemesis Force Halberd; Psycannon

2 Grey Knight Terminators (Elites) @ 208 Pts
Thunder Hm. & Storm Sh. (x1); Nemesis & Psycannon (x1)
1 Grey Knight Brother-Captain
Nemesis Force Halberd; Psycannon

7 Grey Knights (Troops) @ 252 Pts
Psycannon (x1); Nemesis & Storm Bolter
1 Grey Knight Justicar @
Nemesis & Storm Bolter
Targeter
Frag Grenades

8 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (Troops) @ 100 Pts
Hellgun (x6); Plasma Gun (x2); Frag Grenades

5 Inquisitorial Storm Troopers (Troops) @ 155 Pts
Hellgun (x3); Meltagun (x2); Frag Grenades;
1 Inquisitorial Chimera @
Multi-Laser; Hull Heavy Bolter

1 Grey Knight Dreadnought (Heavy Support) @ 110 Pts
Front Armour: 12; Side Armour: 12; Rear Armour: 10; Dread. CC Weapon;
Storm Bolter; Assault Cannon

Models in Army: 27

Total Army Cost: 1000

My "plan" is using the PAGK and Terminatrons as a mobile fire base as there are 3 36" psycannons and an 18" one to accompany the troops. The IST in the tank will pretty much race towards an enemy tank and pop out 2 meltagun blast while the chimera tries to thin out infantry on the way. The other unit of IST are just some extra..."firepower" since they have 2 plasmaguns. The Dread is also to help in anyway it can, either by running up and ripping things to pieces, or AssCannon rending.

Archaeus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 2
Army : Imperial; Daemonhunters, Sisters of Battle and Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

New Army 1000 points. Empty Re: New Army 1000 points.

Post by Spartan Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:13 am

The first thing I would say is adjust it so your Terminators become a retinue for Grand Master, as I planned to do a similar thing to get 3 psyacannons in one squad but this makes an issue of him in CC.

Also make the terminators regular no need for the Thunder hammer at this level keep them versatile with stormbolter/psycannon and NFW.

Lose the psycannon in the Grey Knight Squad, it can move and shoot and you lose one of our biggest assets that way.

Note all psycannons can shoot 18" or 36".

This should free up enought points to give that Dread a twin linked lascannon (TLLC) as you need some anti armour in there.

Can't comment on the IST as I only play pure.

Hope that helps.
Spartan
Spartan
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 319
Location : Hunting down and destroying daemonic taint wherever it may be found.
Army : Pure Grey Knights and thats Grey Knights Only
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:27 am

Welcome to the forum. Looks like you have a nice mix of units there. Personally I think a GM is a bit too expensive for a 1000 point game if your planning to use him as part of a mobile firebase. He and those Termies need to get close and dirty where they can really be worth their points. Other than that minor gripe, the rest of the list looks good to me although you don't have to show a models armor values or default weapons when making a list. Just any upgrades or changes you use/make. Makes it cleaner and much easier to read. Very Happy
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Archaeus Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:45 pm

Spartan wrote:The first thing I would say is adjust it so your Terminators become a retinue for Grand Master, as I planned to do a similar thing to get 3 psyacannons in one squad but this makes an issue of him in CC.

Also make the terminators regular no need for the Thunder hammer at this level keep them versatile with stormbolter/psycannon and NFW.

Lose the psycannon in the Grey Knight Squad, it can move and shoot and you lose one of our biggest assets that way.

Note all psycannons can shoot 18" or 36".

This should free up enought points to give that Dread a twin linked lascannon (TLLC) as you need some anti armour in there.

Can't comment on the IST as I only play pure.

Hope that helps.

I'm not Really worried about the GM in CC he mostly just runs through people like butter, and in 4th he could be targeted, so this isn't much different. The thunder hammer is just there in case they run into a tank along the way. The reason i said 3 36" psycannon is because the terms fire them as heavy and I plan on moving my PAGK constantly which would leave it at 18" which isn't so far off from the stormbolters, plus, you never know when you need to hold up in a ruin to avoid something nasty targeting you. ;p. Doesn't pure mean to choose all of your army from the DH codex? I think IST can be considered pure, and it's also nice to remember our roots and who we fight for.

NemesisForce wrote:I think a GM is a bit too expensive for a 1000 point game if your planning to use him as part of a mobile firebase. He and those Termies need to get close and dirty where they can really be worth their points. Other than that minor gripe, the rest of the list looks good to me although you don't have to show a models armor values or default weapons when making a list.

By mobile firebase i mean moving up to assault while unleashing 9 psycannon rounds a turn. ;] As for the Armour values, sorry about that, I used the Army builder Text summary, and forgot to trim out that part. =]

I thank you for the advice and I will ponder it while forming a new list.

Archaeus
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 2
Army : Imperial; Daemonhunters, Sisters of Battle and Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2008-09-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum