Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Good news for gray knighrs (atleast for me)

+2
Spartan
hunter
6 posters

Go down

Good news for gray knighrs (atleast for me) Empty Good news for gray knighrs (atleast for me)

Post by hunter Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:21 am

Our club is holding a meeting finaly to descus the Deamon hunters. the chaos players have agreed that Gray knights special rule have to be upgraded.

so far in casual discutions we agreed that all gray knights have a 5+ invunrable vs Deamonic,warp and psychic attacks if agis dose not apply.

demonic infestation will be replace by a reroll of demon summening.

rights of exorsisem and banishment on the other hand still need to be workt out in a way that is fair and most importantly headake free.

will keep you up to date on what the final rules will be.

hunter
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 167
Army : Ultramarines, puritan deamonhuntes , space wolves, Orks,Steel legion(ig)
Registration date : 2008-05-23

Back to top Go down

Good news for gray knighrs (atleast for me) Empty Re: Good news for gray knighrs (atleast for me)

Post by Spartan Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:32 am

Cool maybe GW will hear of this and take note, but I will not hold me breath.

Keep us updated hunter love to hear what the final outcome is,
Spartan
Spartan
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 319
Location : Hunting down and destroying daemonic taint wherever it may be found.
Army : Pure Grey Knights and thats Grey Knights Only
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Good news for gray knighrs (atleast for me) Empty Re: Good news for gray knighrs (atleast for me)

Post by Constantine Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:17 am

Awesome!! I look forward to hearing what you and your club decide upon.

Make sure you have a look around our forum for inspiration, our Brothers have threads overflowing with excellent rule modification ideas.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:23 am

I'm impressed with the attitude of your club. Did you have to really push for your proposals or did they realize on their own something needed to be done?
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Inquisitor Lord Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:13 pm

this is good news brother and has stated earlier maybe gw can take a leaf out of your book
Inquisitor Lord
Inquisitor Lord
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 454
Army : 1st company pure grey Knights to the bone
Registration date : 2007-10-16

Grey knight
stats:

https://greyknights.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hunter Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:42 pm

i have been pushing for a while to have the rules updated but actualy it my own brother and top chaos player (10000 points worth of colective chaos)that the Uniquness of the gray knights fluff had to be respected

he actualy wants to have that epic battle of good Vs evil

other contributing factors is new set of rules , a new start, warhamer should be about having fun and playing awsom battles not winning at all cost by outcheesing your opponant.

so any rules that are going to be changed have to be easy to implement and non arbretary.

hunter
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:31 pm

warhamer should be about having fun and playing awsom battles not winning at all cost by outcheesing your opponant.

This is an awesome statement.
I wish everyone shared this point of view.
It seems to me that you are part of a great club Brother Hunter.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by hunter Fri Aug 22, 2008 1:26 am

heres the update
total imunaty to some chaos powers and a 5+ invunrable to chaos type attacks , this excludes some types of attacks that are not clasefide demonic like getting slasht by a blodletters powersword or a defilers battle cannon.

now things got a tad interesting when talking about rights of exorsisem.
what we may try is instead of somthing super complex , we may try mucking with the posibility of affecting demons stats.
theory one.
demons attacking an affecting unit , GK/preast/cortez, roll ther leadership with modifiers .
fail then (we havent desided yet) somthing hapens to the deamons stats , somthing along a minus to strengh , initiaitve or toughness ,banishment will do somthing similar
we plan on play testing this soon

last item , deamon hunter force weapons do an extra D3 woonds with a susessful psychic test

hunter
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:01 am

I see it looks like you guys are updating the codex as a whole, not just the parts that were nerfed by the new Daemon rules. Just wondering why the additional attacks for the Force weapon? Remember too that the Force Weapons of characters like a Chaos Sorcerer were affected by the rule change as well.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by hunter Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:35 pm

NemesisForce wrote:I see it looks like you guys are updating the codex as a whole, not just the parts that were nerfed by the new Daemon rules. Just wondering why the additional attacks for the Force weapon? Remember too that the Force Weapons of characters like a Chaos Sorcerer were affected by the rule change as well.

the very expencive grand master should be worth the points he costs ,it aditional wonds not aditional attacks , like a regular force weapon you roll your psychic test but instead of instent death ,you roll an extra D3 wounds.
so far the ability to cleave deamons in half is limited to deamon hunters only.
oh and we have a lot of playtesting to do .
will keep you up to date

hunter
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:18 am

so a grand master could do 4 wounds per succesful unsaved wound?

Resulting in if a deamon got attacked by a grand master with 5 attacks on charge (and he hits wounds all and the deamon fails all saves)

can do 20 wounds?

I like this idea, instead of instant death, do more wounds, but it only applies to the weapons ruled as force weapons right?

Otherwise a whole unit of 10 gk's could do 100 wounds on a single enemy model.

If they roll optimal results of course.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by hunter Sun Aug 24, 2008 2:39 am

Klomster wrote:so a grand master could do 4 wounds per succesful unsaved wound?

Resulting in if a deamon got attacked by a grand master with 5 attacks on charge (and he hits wounds all and the deamon fails all saves)

can do 20 wounds?

I like this idea, instead of instant death, do more wounds, but it only applies to the weapons ruled as force weapons right?

Otherwise a whole unit of 10 gk's could do 100 wounds on a single enemy model.

If they roll optimal results of course.
well it a force weapon attack (psychic) so one use per turn , one sussesful attack + psychic test = one wound + D3 wound (2 to 5 wounds)
so in theory a grand master with 4 attacks can turn that to 8 wounds.

the advantage of that is it turns that one hit Vs a greater deamon to 2 to 5 garenteed wounds.

posebly with conciecrated scrolls you can try to force weapon twice in one round.... dang thas realy realy sick combo
hey thanks , remind me to try that somday.

hunter
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Spartan Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:27 am

Hold on hunter how do you work our 2-5 wounds.

successful attack 1 wound + pass psychic test D3 wounds = 1 to 4 wounds or am I missing something?

Please let me know as I may give this and some other rules a test run tonight.
Spartan
Spartan
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 319
Location : Hunting down and destroying daemonic taint wherever it may be found.
Army : Pure Grey Knights and thats Grey Knights Only
Registration date : 2008-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by hunter Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:55 am

Spartan wrote:Hold on hunter how do you work our 2-5 wounds.

successful attack 1 wound + pass psychic test D3 wounds = 1 to 4 wounds or am I missing something?

Please let me know as I may give this and some other rules a test run tonight.

the original one wound plus the extra D3 for a sussesful psychic test

hunter
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Sep 26, 2008 8:32 am

That would work out to 2-4 wounds. Have you tried out these new rules much? How are they working out?
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by hunter Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:21 pm

NemesisForce wrote:That would work out to 2-4 wounds. Have you tried out these new rules much? How are they working out?

your right , my bad.

we did some duals , greater deamon Vs Grandmaster.

so far it works out well meaning an almost fair fight for the grandmaster with out wargear.
with wargear on the other hand the grandmaster can almost overpower a grater deamon , Consecrated scrolls gives you the ability to do this twice
with grimoir of true names, mastercrafted weapon gets you the edge over the ruines powers.

this gets sick because thies aren extra attacks but actual wounds delt from one attack

hunter
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down