Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dealing with Eldar

+4
Rion
Corennus
DOMIN4TRIX
azactaylor
8 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

Dealing with Eldar Empty Dealing with Eldar

Post by azactaylor Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:15 pm

I am having some issues dealing with Eldar. Has anyone had success against them? If so, what did you use? My IG, specifically the Vendettas, have had the best luck. Im just trying to work up some tactics for dealing with the wave serpent spam!

Thanks Brothers!

azactaylor
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-08-21

Back to top Go down

Dealing with Eldar Empty Re: Dealing with Eldar

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:28 pm

Wave Serpents can't be penetrated unless they fire their shield so forget multi-meltas and lascannons - you need a high volume of S7 and S8 shots to attrition hull points ...... hmmm

Currently i'm thinking 3 Psydreads to pop the cans and 2 of the new battle cannon fortifications to squash the pointy headed beans inside. Wraithguard hate battle cannons!

For IG you might look to autocannons followed by Leman Russ'
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:15 am

weight of fire. Mass psycannons and autocannons. Glance it to death.
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:16 am

Then again, if you can try and get into assault against it Daemonhammers would make short work of it
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:53 am

I agree with Brother Corennus on both accounts. If your running a pure GK army that's the way to go.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:09 am

I'm with the screaming of hammer time as well.

Unless it's a waveserpent full of wraithguard with D-Scythes. I'm still working on how to kill those guys, especially if their armour has been improved to a 2+.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:22 am

again weight of fire. and Rad Grenades
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:32 pm

Unless I have a sacrificial unit there's no way I'm getting close enough to use rad grenades unless the poop really has hit the fan. AP2 flamers on overwatch won't lead to fun times.

Weight of fire seems to be the only real answer which is a pain because I know full well the wraithguard are usually there to divert all my fire away from his other units that are bounding around claiming objectives.

All things considered I suppose I'll end up ignoring them most of the time.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:58 am

I'd recommend ignoring the wave serpents as much as you can. Focus on the rest of the army. They are great no doubt, but the rest of the Eldar army is very fragile. I'd say that psyboltammo is a must these days. Weight of fire can do nasty things to anything. The other day I saw a DS SSGK reducing a WarWalker unit to dust in one shooting phase. Wink 
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Tue Aug 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Little off topic but the AP2 Flamers that really mess with a charge get me thinking. If 6th is focusing on the shooting. Then what do you think they're gonna do when it comes time to update Blood Angels who are, simply put, the most melee oriented army in the game?
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Enkiel Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:21 pm

Rion wrote:Little off topic but the AP2 Flamers that really mess with a charge get me thinking. If 6th is focusing on the shooting. Then what do you think they're gonna do when it comes time to update Blood Angels who are, simply put, the most melee oriented army in the game?
somehow get them faster into cc...

like those SM rumors where certain jump infantry can use their jump in movement and in assault.
Enkiel
Enkiel
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 131
Army : 40k : DE, GK Fantasy : O&G, OK, DE, DoC
Registration date : 2013-05-17

http://enkiel.blogspot.ca

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:27 pm

I still play BA from time to time. And I can really see the need of a rule that helps assaults and overcome overwatch. Even the return of the +1 I for Furious Charge could be a huge boon for BA.

Other than that I think BA can still hold their own against most armies. FNP bubbles are always nice and help cope with mass firepower before the assault. One has to be more selective in choosing assaults, that's all.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:18 pm

Enkiel wrote:somehow get them faster into cc...

like those SM rumors where certain jump infantry can use their jump in movement and in assault.
Never heard of those rumors but that was something I was actually thinking about just the other day. That addition to the Decent of Angels special rule would help keep them an Assault army. And making Sanguiary Priests cheaper so you can get more FnP bubbles on the field.

Still I have to agree with ya brother DonFer. Watching which unit you assault into is important. Especially given Tau's ability of Fire Support. Although as I found out last time I played Tau with my Blood Angels that ability can be circumvented by attacking from a unit's flanks preventing the other units from gaining line of site, thus no Fire Support Overwatch.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:59 am

DonFer wrote:I still play BA from time to time. And I can really see the need of a rule that helps assaults and overcome overwatch. Even the return of the +1 I for Furious Charge could be a huge boon for BA.

Other than that I think BA can still hold their own against most armies. FNP bubbles are always nice and help cope with mass firepower before the assault. One has to be more selective in choosing assaults, that's all.
You don't get +1 I anymore, just strength Wink

Dealing with Eldar...

Eldar lack ap ignoring weapons at range (watch out for Dire Avengers and Guardians upclose), everyone loads up on Scatter lasers for their Serpent, I would actually disagree with the person who posted above saying ignore Lascannons/Meltas, take them! It will prevent the Eldar player from using their shield which is has the potential for 7 TL Str7 shots that ignore cover and 4 TL Scatter Laser shots (Plus a Shuriken Cannon if they wish)...

Landraiders are golden against Eldar that lack Bright Lances

Terminators are a massive pain, basic Grey Knights are good as well, Interceptors will be fantastic at getting behind the Wave Serpents to glance them to death, the Dreadknights with Incinerators come in to finish them off.
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 104
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Grey knight
stats:

http://embolden40k.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:53 am

Sure, that's why the return of +1 I for FC could be great for BA. I'm waiting to see what's in store for them.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:38 am

DonFer wrote:Sure, that's why the return of +1 I for FC could be great for BA. I'm waiting to see what's in store for them.
As am I but I'm just as anxious for the Vanilla Codex. Blood Angels are the least divergent of the none Vanilla Codex (Black Templar go "codex what that?" Space Wolves go "good idea keeps the Inquisition off our backs.") So Blood Angels will be taking a cue or two from the Vanilla Codex. (minor rule tweaks and war gear aside). Can't wait!
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

:: Tactica

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum