How 2 Men Earned Their Names

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How 2 Men Earned Their Names

Post by Rion on Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:19 pm

This past weekend I played a 2 thousand point game of GK vs. Ultramarines Second Company. My army list here http://greyknights.forumotion.com/t3719-paladins#57951. Dont remember his.

Nor I do I remember the play by play because these moments of epic stand out. In Order that they happened.

Somehow had a Squad roll a 12 inch charge range! Just epic.

At the height of battle Draigo along with his retinue of 5 Paladins, 2 of which are armed with Psycannons and Hammers, the rest with Swords charged head first into Cato Sicarius and the Lions of Macragge with the Grand Master issuing a challenge to the 2nd Company Captain. The Challenge accepted the Lions and Paladins dueled first. The Lions........didn't even have a prayer. Then came the true duel. Draigo got in only 1 wound but it was enough. After a long discussion with the store Manager (who eventually looked up the FAQ) it was determined that the Titansword could be activated first. I asked in the first place hoping that the duel would last longer. But alas Cato fell after one round. 1 wound inflicted on Draigo.

Next. Right behind the Lions was a full 10 man Devastator Squad with a Rocket Launcher, Multi-Melta, Heavy Bolter, Plasma Cannon, then the rest with bolters. There was only 1 Paladin between Draigo and the horde of fire.......not only did he survive taking NO wounds, he also survived the meltagun, 2 hellfire rounds, and krak missile from the 3 Sternguards behind the Devastator Squad. The Plasma plain up missed, he made is 5+ Invuls and a 2+ Armor save meant nothing was hurting.......I dub him Brother Nicolas.

Last but not least. Holding home base behind the Aegis Defense Line the small Inquisitorial Retinue. Bradley and the Quad Gun were out of commission by that point. Sense my opponent was 30 points over the limit he let me go over the same so I added 2 Acolytes with Plasmaguns. 24 inches away was a SM Bike Sergeant the last of his Squad. I took aim with one of the Plasmaguns took the shot...rolled a 1. So I take my armor save of 5+, something in me said he wasn't gonna make it....rolled a 6. To quote my opponent "GIVE HIM A NAME AND BUY THAT MAN A LOTTERY TICKET CAUSE HE IS DAMN LUCKY!" I agreed that he needed a name, but I don't gamble, so I now dub him Special Weapon Acolyte Earic.

What I learned. First and mainly; that while the Draigowing is Powerful even in 6th Edition. I do not know how to properly run one yet, casualties on both sides were very very high. Second; 2 Psycannons a Squad no matter the squad can do lots and lots and lots of harm.

Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 625
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How 2 Men Earned Their Names

Post by Constantine on Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Nice report. Keep practicing and keep the terminator armour love going strong!!!

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5793
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan on Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:46 am

Stories like this are the gold of this hobby, would you be so kind as to grant us pictures of these valorous battlefield heroes so that we might remember their faces and revere them properly? Very Happy:cheers:

Jonathan
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-05-21

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:18 am

i love those stories ... of course you have to give them names but also you have to send us pics of those heroes ! Twisted EvilWink
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3657
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion on Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:08 am

Indeed brothers indeed pics are needed. And yes Constantine more Love for the Terminator bounce! Gonna play a few games with normal terminators and work my up from there.

Battle Brother Nicolas

Special Weapon Acolyte Earic (pardon his lack of paint he's a new model, and the captured Eldar armor was just purified)

Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 625
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Congrats for them ! cheers
Thanks for the pics

Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus