Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How 2 Men Earned Their Names

4 posters

Go down

How 2 Men Earned Their Names Empty How 2 Men Earned Their Names

Post by Rion Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:19 pm

This past weekend I played a 2 thousand point game of GK vs. Ultramarines Second Company. My army list here https://greyknights.forumotion.com/t3719-paladins#57951. Dont remember his.

Nor I do I remember the play by play because these moments of epic stand out. In Order that they happened.

Somehow had a Squad roll a 12 inch charge range! Just epic.

At the height of battle Draigo along with his retinue of 5 Paladins, 2 of which are armed with Psycannons and Hammers, the rest with Swords charged head first into Cato Sicarius and the Lions of Macragge with the Grand Master issuing a challenge to the 2nd Company Captain. The Challenge accepted the Lions and Paladins dueled first. The Lions........didn't even have a prayer. Then came the true duel. Draigo got in only 1 wound but it was enough. After a long discussion with the store Manager (who eventually looked up the FAQ) it was determined that the Titansword could be activated first. I asked in the first place hoping that the duel would last longer. But alas Cato fell after one round. 1 wound inflicted on Draigo.

Next. Right behind the Lions was a full 10 man Devastator Squad with a Rocket Launcher, Multi-Melta, Heavy Bolter, Plasma Cannon, then the rest with bolters. There was only 1 Paladin between Draigo and the horde of fire.......not only did he survive taking NO wounds, he also survived the meltagun, 2 hellfire rounds, and krak missile from the 3 Sternguards behind the Devastator Squad. The Plasma plain up missed, he made is 5+ Invuls and a 2+ Armor save meant nothing was hurting.......I dub him Brother Nicolas.

Last but not least. Holding home base behind the Aegis Defense Line the small Inquisitorial Retinue. Bradley and the Quad Gun were out of commission by that point. Sense my opponent was 30 points over the limit he let me go over the same so I added 2 Acolytes with Plasmaguns. 24 inches away was a SM Bike Sergeant the last of his Squad. I took aim with one of the Plasmaguns took the shot...rolled a 1. So I take my armor save of 5+, something in me said he wasn't gonna make it....rolled a 6. To quote my opponent "GIVE HIM A NAME AND BUY THAT MAN A LOTTERY TICKET CAUSE HE IS DAMN LUCKY!" I agreed that he needed a name, but I don't gamble, so I now dub him Special Weapon Acolyte Earic.

What I learned. First and mainly; that while the Draigowing is Powerful even in 6th Edition. I do not know how to properly run one yet, casualties on both sides were very very high. Second; 2 Psycannons a Squad no matter the squad can do lots and lots and lots of harm.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

How 2 Men Earned Their Names Empty Re: How 2 Men Earned Their Names

Post by Constantine Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:38 pm

Nice report. Keep practicing and keep the terminator armour love going strong!!!
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Jonathan Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:46 am

Stories like this are the gold of this hobby, would you be so kind as to grant us pictures of these valorous battlefield heroes so that we might remember their faces and revere them properly? Very Happy:cheers:
Jonathan
Jonathan
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2011-05-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:18 am

i love those stories ... of course you have to give them names but also you have to send us pics of those heroes ! Twisted EvilWink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:08 am

Indeed brothers indeed pics are needed. And yes Constantine more Love for the Terminator bounce! Gonna play a few games with normal terminators and work my up from there.

Battle Brother Nicolas
How 2 Men Earned Their Names Termie

Special Weapon Acolyte Earic (pardon his lack of paint he's a new model, and the captured Eldar armor was just purified)
How 2 Men Earned Their Names Ac
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:31 pm

Congrats for them ! cheers
Thanks for the pics

Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus