Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

games workshop staff

+7
first strike
Aubec le noir
Klomster
Constantine
Rivan
duncndisorderly
stormknight
11 posters

:: Community

Go down

games workshop staff Empty games workshop staff

Post by stormknight Tue May 15, 2012 11:03 am

Hello brothers, I have had some good experience with the staff at games workshop in the past but I've came across a manager at my store who makes me feel un welcome and almost intimidating.

in fact I want some mini's except I have opted for gaming store and online which is disappointing when I don't want to bulk buy or wait weeks for the right models to come into a shop.

My first bad experience with the manager was when I entered the shop and ask politely to leave my case in a cupboard while I went to government office so that I could return and get some advice on my mini's. The staff kindly allowed me to do this. When I returned the manager confronted me and basically was pissed off I had left my case to go elsewhere. He then said I think you should leave. I tried explaining that I wanted some advice on my models but he said I needed appointment. As I left he said ok I'll give you some advice and it was ok from there.

My next experience is just the other day I walked in the shop and he walked upto me and asked me why I was here. I said to look at the models and get some inspiration for my army. He told me that I couldn't do that as this isn't the place to come down and look about. I then told him I felt like I was being treated unfairly and that because I was a veterean player I wasn't allowed to enter the shop. He then told me that you need to book for this book for that and that thursdays is gaming days and saturday is events day.

The problem is thursdays veterean players have 6-8 to play games and that's it while beginners are allowed all thursday, aren't told to leave the shop and aren't told they can't play games because they beat someone too much.

I am just wondering if anyone else gets this problem?

I am honestly never going to walk in that shop again as honestly I would talk to the shit out of that manager and then phone the hq to tell them exactly how I feel.

stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

games workshop staff Empty Re: games workshop staff

Post by duncndisorderly Tue May 15, 2012 11:36 am

Sorry to hear about your bad experience brother, I would write a letter of complaint to hq but I'd also carbon copy it to the store, and drop it in personally, if it does nothing more than put a shot across this guys bow for the future then it's worthwhile. Chances are this guy will crap when he sees it's also gone to hq and may be conciliatory.
Unlike a space marine this guy will know fear for a little while at least. Good luck
duncndisorderly
duncndisorderly
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 213
Army : GK, Blood Angels, CSM
Registration date : 2011-04-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue May 15, 2012 12:04 pm

Concur, definitely need to let HQ know. In the end, you're still the customer and the store manager (of all people) should never forget this.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue May 15, 2012 1:20 pm

Definitely report the manager as Brothers D and R have suggested.
It sounds like very strange behaviour for a manager scratch Is there more to the story that you have not told us which may offer some explanation in regards to the manager's behaviour/actions?
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Tue May 15, 2012 3:02 pm

There is only one reason the manager at the local store here would want the veterans to not play games there.

There is a much better gaming club just 5 minutes away that everyone is member of anyway.

A GW store that actually don't allow loitering? I thought that was an outdated concept, at least i hoped so.

My advice is to cast the spell FEAR as described above by brother duncandisorderly, staff managers usually don't have better leadership value than 7, and their only special rules are "higher rank", and only really applies to staff.

The costumer is always right should be used more in todays society, and if you decide to talk to the guy you can tell him klomster told him that.

If he asks who klomster is then say it's his worst nightmare, a swedish guy with a zweihander who is trained to wield it..................... Razz

Perhaps not but you shouldn't have to take such crap. You are an important costumer (like most are) and should be treated as such.

At the local store, loitering is almost encouraged, people pep each other and give advice while in the store, so the manager can handle the kids and their parents.

Hope the situation gets better. I would say i would fire the guy if this behavior kept on and if i was his boss.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Tue May 15, 2012 3:28 pm

there is no reason... no reason at all to a GW manager, to any commerce holder to be unpolite and discriminatory ... it happens to me once with the French GW manager within the presence of the former French Manager that was at this time European manager ... and the guy who asked me basically what was the reason of my presence in the store with an ironic tone (like you don't have to be there old man !! Evil or Very Mad ) I said that i have bought about 300 euros of his models just a few minutes ago and asked him if i should have done something else... Twisted Evil he ate his tongue, and after that i knew (for sure) that he gets his crap out of him by Danielle (the European Manager was french and one of the founder of GW) and finally get fired few month later.
You unpolite manager needs to learn his lessons ... the hard way !! Twisted Evil
go to his superior and explain him that discrimination IS ILLEGAL ... and with some luck the bad A.. GW boy will be fired or will learn is selling job ! Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Tue May 15, 2012 4:05 pm

And here I was thinking that all G.W. stalf were taken for a 8 week training course where they were all trained how to get excited about the number of 6's you just roled.
We are all human and he may have just had a bad day, this is no reason for him to take it out on you or anybody esle. However the fact that he was rude to you on 2 different days could mean that he is just not a people person and should look for a different place to work. G.W. North Poll perhaps.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Bjoern Tue May 15, 2012 9:16 pm

If the Veteran Sergeant is unpolite you should ask for his captain (that's the regional manager). Meanwhile i know three captains. And cause of my complaint one Veteran Sergeant lost it's job. The guy was not only like the one you descript, ha was the wohle day bad-tempered and offending. I already knew his Captain at this point, so i contacted him and told him was happend. Four Werks later the storecwas under a new managment. Sounds hard, but i leave a lot of money there so i can await an adequate treatment
Dark Bjoern
Dark Bjoern
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1710
Army : Mechanicum: Taghmata Mourndark and House Taranis
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Hashmollage Tue May 15, 2012 11:35 pm

I have a friend who runs a store and he said this behaviour is against everything they are trained to do. They are trained to approach EVERYONE who enters the store and ask questions and take a genuine interest about what your working on so they can advise on products or show tips that might help. As this drives sales. Write to them, what he is doing is wrong
Hashmollage
Hashmollage
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 81
Army : Grey Knights - Orcs
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight Wed May 16, 2012 1:14 am

Thanks for the support brothers, I know customers always come first but I really did feel like I was in the wrong, but I feel a lot better it isn't just because I like to immerse myself in the hobby from time to time.

I will certainly write a letter of my feelings on the matter to the HQ.

Again thankyou brothers, you have made me feel a lot better about the problem.
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tombomb7 Wed May 16, 2012 5:27 am

As everyone else is suggesting you should write a polite letter to HQ as a formal complaint, and make sure the store is Cced on it Smile

Tombomb7
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 75
Registration date : 2012-04-25

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by eiglepulper Sat May 19, 2012 8:14 am

Totally agree with what the other brothers have said here. A friend of mine some years ago had an "occurrence" in a GW store and he just lifted his mobile and rang GWHQ on the spot. The shop phone rang within minutes, the staff member in question was summoned and severely reprimanded. My friend was then asked to come to the shop phone and was asked "What was it you were trying to order?" He told the chap on the other end of the phone and his order - already around £100+ worth - was instantly doubled.

GW does not like it when their customers are not treated properly. As the customer you hold the whip hand in cases like this, so be polite but pointed in your letter to HQ.

E.

eiglepulper
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2012-03-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down