Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 Draigo Wing first list

+2
flaxis
Juggernaut_
6 posters

Go down

1500 Draigo Wing first list Empty 1500 Draigo Wing first list

Post by Juggernaut_ Tue Mar 13, 2012 10:06 am

Hi Brothers!

This is my first post on this forum, and I am totally new to warhammer 40K. I have been playing warhammer fantasy tho (ogres, daemons and skavens). I started looking to build and army of 40K to play with some friends. For now, budget is quite an issue, and I didnt want to start all over a huge army as I did for warhammer fantasy. But, I like playing game bigger than 1000 cause I feel that bigger game feel more like a real battlefield. So 1500 seems a good start.

While looking at the different army, I realized that the look of the grey knight was just awsome! and I must say that I like the idea of a few Elite soldiers fighting against swarm of deamons. I also check on different forum and found that the cheapest list I could possibly dream of making would be with GK, doing a Draigo wing list. Since there is very few models, buying the army will not be a major investment.

I check the different draigo wing list people where making, some including dreaknight, some including 3 dreadnought, etc. I also saw that most peopel tend to say that 1850 was the minimum point value you were seeking when going draigo wing list. Since I am a stubborn dumb bird Razz I still think suck a list could do awsome at 1500 points. ( I also saw the huge damage my friend's chaos warriors deathstar could do at 1500 points in fantasy).

In my opinion, a ten man paladin squad with draigo is the way to go, since it will soak a lot of damage before you start loosing fighting power. Splitting paladins in more squads seem good to be able to targets more different units, but at the same time I feel that you loose some soaking potency. So, I will put a list down here and maybe we can discuss on it Very Happy :

Draigo: 275 pts

10 paladin : 715 pts
apothecary
pyscannon, nemesis force sword
psycannon, force halberd
psycannon, daemon hammer
psycannon, falchions
bolter, nemesis force sword
bolter, force halberd
bolter, daemon hammer
bolter, falchions
bolter, nemesis force sword master crafted

paladin : 315 pts
psycannon, nemesis force sword
psycannon, force alberd
bolter, daemon hammer

Dreadknight : 195
nemesis great sword
heavy psycannon

Total: 1500 pts

So all the paladins got a different build. Have I optimised the paladins build? should I include more hammers? more halberd? I found that the force sword giving a +1 invulnerable save is pretty good.... Should I take a warding staff? I think that psycannon r heavy, so I cant move and shoot. Arent paladin made to rush to go to combat? so maybe it would be better to put incinerator? Or do I want them to be static, in cover, shoot their big guns, soak damage and then rush enemies? I got no idea lol but it seems like everybody fiel as much psycannon as possible.

I put a dreaknight because I love the model!!! And I think he can do good no? does it require a teleporter? necessarily? I must say that I dont really like to include static dreadnought that will not move but shot lazers....I feel grey knight are not that type of army. Should Ichange some options here and there to include a land raider instead of the dreaknight? and be able to move the 5 man squad paladins?

I had 2 other ideas. First, I could split the 5 man paladins into 5 Solodins, and make them deap strike to try to pinn some ennemies troop to cc for a turn or 2? to let my other paladins more time to come in cc. And 5 solodins means they need to target each of them separately. Second idea was to make 2 units of like 8 paladins, so i can fully load a land raider redeamer, while my other squad of like 7 paladins and draigo walk the battle field, soaking damage.

Help me out guys!I really need the help and advise of accomplished players who can guide me into this new world Very Happy
Thanks in advance, sorry for the long message, i got a big mouth! Since I am a frog from quebec hahaha

Take care!
Juggernaut_

Juggernaut_
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-03-13

Back to top Go down

1500 Draigo Wing first list Empty Re: 1500 Draigo Wing first list

Post by flaxis Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:04 am

Brother Juggernault_

Welcome to the forums

As you are wearing terminator armour you can move and shoot heavy weapons in that mode. of course with psycannons they have an assualt mode as well, but with Terminators (and paladins) you get to use the heavy mode.

As the maximum range on most of the weapons in the GK force is 24" you will need to close to get to range - on those armies that sit back and shoot - this is were the transports come into play for GK.

If you put in the LRC instead of the NDK you should be able to make the 5 man squad a CC focused team. Swapping you Psycannon for an incerator.

The dreadnoughts while very static - provide us with the long range cover and anti-tank we lack while we get into range - via the foot slogging you will be doing.

I would expect some more great advice to be coming soon, there are a lot of great generals here.

All the best and have fun,

Brother Flaxis

flaxis
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 142
Registration date : 2011-11-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Juggernaut_ Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:33 am

Thanks a lot Brother Flaxis for the clarifications and the usefull information! Very Happy

Juggernaut_
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger10 Wed Mar 14, 2012 12:11 am

Welcome brother!
5 solodins, i've never seen this before but it dose remind me of tau battle suites, that would be something to see Very Happy
but i like your thinking on two 8 man squads with one in a Crusader and one with drago, not shore on how flexible this would be though

Depends on who you are versing but a good tactic is to sit back and hammer the enemy with your firepower before assaulting the weakend unites Some armies this won't work on bacause they do the same but can do it better, then some how you need to get close to kick but!

hope this helps Very Happy
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 197
Army : Grey Knights, Tiger Warriors Space Marines, 14th Elysian
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:17 am

hi
welcome on this forum.
Your list is solid but it lacks some mobility though.
if you love the DK then play it !! cheers ... but without the personal teleporter he won't be so effective, and instead of the Hpsycannon, you should maybe use the Hcinnie, which is really great.
then instead of the DK you can use a LR (LRGH or LRC) to add punch and mobility to your list.
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Juggernaut_ Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:39 am

Thanks guys for quick reedback.

Can the DK move and shoot with the heavy incenerator? As I can see, mobility seem very important. Is it so that the faster you can move, the faster you reach cc? Cause Paladins dont suck at shooting (I think). Is it because as i walk to them, they can back off, split, and delay cc fight for a long time? Agina, i got no understanding of 40K so sorry for my noobish question haha

Juggernaut_
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:07 pm

I would be interested to hear how the 5 solodins work, against horde armies those 5 pie plates could really cut a hole and in objective games they are all reserved scoring deepstrikers. Has anyone playtested this?
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:16 pm

Welcome to the forum Smile

Personally I agree that Grey Knights aren't made to be a static army, except the dreadnaught fills alot of anti-tank problems against the enemy, thus making it popular.

You could drop the falchions and master-craft a Nemesis Force Sword, retaining your 4++ will gaining a similar effect.

Also I agree with the other comments made about using a Heavy Incinerator to get rid of the enemy hiding in cover.

stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Juggernaut_ Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:21 pm

Thanks again for all the info. Here is a small update on the list. There will soon have a discount at my local gw store so I wanna fix my list asap.

Draigo : 275

10 paladin : 715 pts
apothecary
pyscannon, nemesis force sword
psycannon, force halberd
psycannon, daemon hammer
psycannon, falchions
bolter, force halberd
bolter, daemon hammer
bolter, falchions
bolter, nemesis force sword master crafted

I decided to let them like that, so I got maximum wound allocation, witch is crucial IMO.

solodin :55 (deepstriking)
halberd, bolter

Dreadnaught: 145
twin-link las, twin-link autocanon
Dreadnaught: 145
twin-link las, twin-link autocanon

Dreadknight : 160
heavy incinerator

I still ahve 5 point for whatever fullf stuff i wanna had. What you guys think of this lsit? Was the first one better? Is the lack of mobility of the dreadknight a real problem?

Thanks again!!

Juggernaut_
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Juggernaut_ Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:54 am

Dont be shy guys :p any more proposition?

Juggernaut_
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down