Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to 40K and to Grey Knights. 750 pts starter.

+2
Aubec le noir
Verity
6 posters

Go down

New to 40K and to Grey Knights. 750 pts starter.  Empty New to 40K and to Grey Knights. 750 pts starter.

Post by Verity Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:46 am

Hey all!
I am trying to set up a list for 750 pts. This is what I came up with:

HQ:
Librarian, Summoning, Warp Rift, Might of Titan, Nemesis Demon Hammer, Servo Skull : 170

Troops:
Strike Squad (5), Psybolt Ammo, Psycannon (in Razorback w Warp stabilisation field and TL Assault cannon: 215

Terminator Squad (5), Nemesis Doom Hammer x2, Halberds x2, Psycannon: 225

Heavy Support:
Dreadnought, 2x Twinlinked Autocannon, Psybolt Ammo, Warp Stabilisation Field: 140

--- total 750 pts

I am not sure about the Summoning and Warp Stabilsation Fields, but it seems like a nifty trick to summon your Dreadnought or Razorback to your Term Squad should need arise. Smile But what do you guys think? Is it an ok list?

My opponents will be Tau Empire and Tyranids.

Cheers!

Verity
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2012-03-06

Back to top Go down

New to 40K and to Grey Knights. 750 pts starter.  Empty Re: New to 40K and to Grey Knights. 750 pts starter.

Post by Aubec le noir Tue Mar 06, 2012 3:55 am

solid 750 points list.
for Tau the dread will have some hard time though, as a primary target for his rail guns, but will be very important to you providing long range shots to shoot those rail guns i spoke of ! Razz
for tyranids, you may have some interests to use incinerators, against gaunts and genestealers it's incredibly efficient ! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

btw welcome to these forums !!

Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

New to 40K and to Grey Knights. 750 pts starter.  Empty Re: New to 40K and to Grey Knights. 750 pts starter.

Post by Verity Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:19 am

Hey Aubec and thanks for the welcome and reply!

Mm, I have no doubts that my Dread will struggle against what I predict will be one Broadside and one Hammerhead.. Rolling Eyes

And for Tyranids, you think I should replace the psycannons with incinerators then?

I've also toyed with the thought of including an Orbital Strike Relay.. but it seems it is too expensive at this level. Suspect

Verity
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:42 am

I did come up with an alternative HQ choice which give me the following:

Grand Master, Incinerator , Psychostroke Grenades , Halberd or Hammer (Cant decide here, suggestions?) , Mastercraft

----205pts

GK Strike Squad, Razorback with Assault cannon and Psybolt Ammo

---185pts

GK Terminator Squad, Psycannon

---225pts

GK Dreadnought, 2x Twinlinked Autocannon , Psybolt Ammo

---135pts

Verity
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:22 am

hi
against tyranids ... yes a i think that changing at least some of your psycannons for some cinnies will be more efficient.
about your second list ... though i love the GM i think that the libbie could be more useful for small points lists. But if you love the GM as i do, then play him (it's all about fun after all clown ) and i'll gear him with halberd (assuming you can handle vehicle in cc in other way, for instance in giving one termie the hammer you spoke) and don't forget rad grenades that are even more useful than the psycho ones imho.
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Mar 08, 2012 9:00 am

And don't forget, if you're assaulting any tyranid that's considered a psyker, that model goes down to I1 due to psyke-out grenades which all your GK units have standard Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Driz1 Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:18 pm

On Grandmasters I prefer to just MC his sword and give him a 3++ in close combat. With the nades and his natural I5 you dont want to be swinging last and you dont want him being a dedicated vehicle killer so I dislike the hammer.

I would also drop the assault cannon from the RB either take a TLLC or just psybolt your heavy bolter and save the 30 points that you can invest in upgrades for your terminators.

Also all Justicars wearing PA MUST take a daemon hammer its one of the best and most point effective upgrades in our book. Stock marines pay 25 points for something in a fist that is not as good.

Driz1
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2010-01-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:53 am

Thanks for the suggestions! It is easy to get lost in all possible upgrades as a new player I must say.

The sword for my GM seems like a good idea. Keeps him alive longer and he will still swing fast.

I am not sure why a Lascannon would be better than the Assault Cannon on the Razorback though?

Would it be wise to buy a Hammer for the Strike Squad Justicar and a Banner for the terminators+grand master unit, for the 35 points saved from the Razorback if I lose the Assault cannon?

Verity
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:26 am

Oh and I could not stop myself from trying a different list as well. Smile How about:

Inquisitor Coteaz

2 Warrior Acolytes, 5 death cult assassins, Razorback w psybolt ammo

Terminator Squad, Psycannon

Purgation Squad, Nemesis Daemon Hammer, 4 Incinerators, Razorback, psybolt ammo

Dreadnought, 2x Twinlinked Autocannon , Psybolt Ammo

748 pts

Verity
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:11 am

strong mixed list as well... but i'm a GK fanatic so i'm not a fan of mixed lists ! Wink Razz
i've got some problems with T3 and 4+ savings or less ! Evil or Very Mad
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:34 am

Mm I know what you mean. And the GK units look so good so hard to mix in other models that are not as good.

But I will make my own Coteaz and make it a female Inquisitor (using a Sisters of Battle conversion I think). And in a band wagon of female death cultists, they will make a nice compliment to the Knights. At least I hope Smile

Also in 750 pts the second list will give me some more bodies which is a good thing I hope.

Verity
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger10 Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:09 am

I'd like to see that converstion Very Happy
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 197
Army : Grey Knights, Tiger Warriors Space Marines, 14th Elysian
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:16 am

Unfortunately I haven't started her yet ^^

Verity
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger10 Tue Mar 13, 2012 11:37 pm

Just remember to post when you Very Happy
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Verity Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:50 am

If I am pleased with the result I will haha Wink

Though I dont think I will convert her that much. I will of course give her a Daemon Hammer. But I think I will make her a special servo skull instead of the psyber eagle. A flying skull with a small mounted assault rifle would be nice.

Verity
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger10 Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:34 am

Sounds cool! Very Happy
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Sun May 06, 2012 11:24 am

Just some things I noticed. You have the points right on your first list, but you have two psycannons listed when terminators only get two when they are in squads of ten. Another thing in your librarian list, you have summoning and warp stabilization field on your dreadnought and I believe you would be better off using those points to arm your librarian with sanctuary and shrouding, that way you can have your your dreadnought follow your librarian and terminators and give them he enhanced aegis and give your dreadnought cove from shrouding.

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down