Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1,000pt Mini Tourney/Beginning army

3 posters

Go down

1,000pt Mini Tourney/Beginning army Empty 1,000pt Mini Tourney/Beginning army

Post by iggy666 Fri Jan 27, 2012 10:32 pm

Hello, I haven't played 40k much during 5th edition and was hoping to start playing again with Grey Knights. I've bought a few models already. I bought 5 Terminators, 10 Grey Knights, and a Rhino. I am thinking about modelling these into an army like this:

Grand Master Ignatius - Master Crafted Daemonhammer, Psybolt Ammunition, Blind Grenades.

Grey Knight Librarian - Might of Titan, The Shrouding, Sanctuary.

2 Paladins and 1 Apothecary - Nemesis Force Halberds.

4 Grey Knights and 1 Justicar - 4 Nemesis Force Halberds, 1 Daemonhammer, Psybolt Ammunition.
4 Grey Knights and 1 Justicar - 4 Nemesis Force Halberds, 1 Daemonhammer, Psybolt Ammunition.
Rhino

I needed at least 1 HQ, so I took a terminator and converted him to be a grand master like the one in the picture: wielding a daemonhammer. Everyone says the Librarian is a must for an all grey knight army, and it sounded fluffy too... so I made a terminator into a Librarian with a sword, like in the picture, its also nice that it will protect him in combat. Now, with 3 termies left, I am going to make an apothecary, just in case I'll need one, and 2 Paladin bodyguards to protect my Grand Master. The bodyguards will have halberds, so they strike first and can kill anything that might harm the grand master while he sloooowly swings his hammer. I have 10 Grey knights, I need 2 troops so I need to make 2 Justicars. I don't know if I want to upgrade any special guns yet, so I'm just preparing them for defending objectives. I have 1 Rhino so that now, I can move 5 grey knights, but later when I get more models, I can move an entire unit of 10 (instead of a razorback, but I might magnetize it).

I know I have absolutely no ranged anti tank or anti armor, but I should be able to shoot down anything that is in numbers and melee anything shooty, its a mini tournament, I think 4k vs 4k. or free for all.

iggy666
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2012-01-27

Back to top Go down

1,000pt Mini Tourney/Beginning army Empty Re: 1,000pt Mini Tourney/Beginning army

Post by stormknight Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:41 pm

welcome to the forum brother!

I think your army may be a little stretched at 1000pts level.

If you try 40k in 40 minuites which is at my local gamesworkshop then you can use 400pts which should be alot easier.

Good luck Smile
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1,000pt Mini Tourney/Beginning army Empty Re: 1,000pt Mini Tourney/Beginning army

Post by Klauzer Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:24 pm

Hello and welcome to the best GK forum on the interwebs!

Alright, so as pumped as I imagine you are to get back into the game asap, there are a few things to consider before fielding your Knights against the many heretics and xenos of the galaxy! I'll give you a few tips for future reference since you don't have all the stuff you need to construct a viable list yet.

First of all, it is very helpful to note the two most important and useful things we can take in our codex: psycannons and the psyfledread. You mentioned you were not going to look at any heavy guns...bad plan.

The Psycannon is first and foremost the weapon to ALWAYS consider taking over any other upgrade your units can equip. Grey Knights, though powerful in close combat, really like to shoot stuff. The psycannon will give you lots of nice s7 rending shots which can either chew up infantry or even pop tanks from midfield (gk's favorite spot on the table) or from rhino hatches.

The Psyfledread (dreadnought: 2x twin link auto cannons, psybolt ammo) is the biggest bang for our buck so to speak. Four twinlink s8 shots from 48" is what makes up for our lack of long range power and provides the most important fire support our troops can receive.

So down to your list. This list, especially at 1000 points, is going to get picked apart very quickly. Your paladins will be durable, but not forever, and those power armor knights generally don't last long. However, we can optimize this list until you can start buying some more models. LET US BEGIN!

HQ
Grand Master: Master crafted hammer, Master crafted Psycannon, rad and blind grenades (250 points)
Librarian: Sword, Might of titan, shrouding, sanctuary, warprift, 2x servo skulls (180 points)

Troops:
5x GK Strike Squad: Master crafted hammer, psycannon, 3x halberds, psybolt ammo, rhino (185 points)
5x GK Strike Squad: Master crafted hammer, psycannon, 3x halberds, psybolt ammo (145 points)

Elites:
3x Paladins: 3x halberds, apothecary (240 points)

1000 points.

So with what you already have I think this will get the most out of it. Keep the GM and libby with your paladins and deep strike them in closer to the action using the skulls. Your priority is to get those psycannons in range to power through the bulk of what ever it is your fighting. I certainly can not guarantee wins with this list because, as previously stated, its stretched pretty thin, but gl anyway!

...I really get carried away with these...
Klauzer
Klauzer
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Really Fluffy
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down