Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Purgation squad based deepstrike list

4 posters

Go down

Purgation squad based deepstrike list Empty Purgation squad based deepstrike list

Post by slayer18 Sat Sep 17, 2011 2:06 pm

I've had this concept in my head for a while now and I finnaly finished putting it on paper yesterday. I'm tring to find something different than the usual Purifier spam or Paladin spam lists. I am also trying to build something based on the fluff from the codex, but has pottential to do well in a game. Please let me know what you think and if you have any experience with the particular units as to what may work better. I don't think that this list has many weak areas, but it is hard to try to cover everything within point limits.

HQ-260- Grand master with psycannon, MC hammer, psychotrope and rad grenades
Elites-247-Purifier Squad-8x purifiers with 2 psycannon,Knight of the flame has MC Hammer(I giggle everytime I write that) and the rest have falchions
Troops-750-2 squads of terminators-7xterminators with a brotherhood banner, psycannon, wardingstaff(to get on my opponents nerves), Justicar with a MC Hammer, the rest have falchions( I figure if everyone makes it to a charge then this squad can put out over 30 attacks)
H/S-741-Godhammer landraider with multimelta, psybolt ammo, and a searchlight
2 purgation squads of 5. Each has 4x psycannons, justicar w/ MC hammer and a teleport homer(this is the key) and in a rhino.

The concept is to start with the grandmaster on the board with the purifier squad. load them into the landraider then move them up the board as fast as possible. Use the landraider as a shield/distraction for the purgation squads rhino and use psychic communion to alter when my terminators deepstrike on the board. When the terminators come in target within 6" of one of the purgation squads justicars(whether they are in the rhino or if they jumped out earlier) and then have the purifiers charge out of the landraider to the closest enemy unit. hope they enemy passes their moral test then charge in with the terminators. Between 2 rounds of cleansing flames and combat with purifiers, the terminators should be enough to ruin that unit. Or this could work another way, have the terminators charge or, Emperor forbid, get charged, have the purifiers charge in and deliver the Emperor's mercy to the chaos scum. I have an outline for this company, but have yet to put it on paper (I'm thinking the 8th Brother Hood, if that one's already officially taken please let me know)

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Purgation squad based deepstrike list Empty Re: Purgation squad based deepstrike list

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Sat Sep 17, 2011 3:39 pm

I completely overlooked the teleporter homer on the purgation squad, usefull for 5 points. I\'ve always thought of running Purg's and Henchmen simply to steal the Chimera.

Interesting list Slayer - I\'ve not seen many with Purg's or falchions in any number
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Purgation squad based deepstrike list Empty Re: Purgation squad based deepstrike list

Post by shadow Sun Sep 18, 2011 4:04 am

I over looked the homer as well, good catch Slayer18, I am unsure if the falchions have the edge over the halberd though, hitting 1st is a big plus for us I think.
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:03 am

Looking a bit light on anti tank.
Also why the Purgs instead of Puries?
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:49 am

First off, thanks. I think that the increased number of attacks is worth it, and if I am wrong, I modify the list to include a librarian for quicksilver. As it stands, in a perfect scenario, the purgation squad would move up to the enemy quickly(maybe with the help of spear of light, giving them scout) the terminators would deepstrike in around turn 3 in range to assault the enemy unit of my choosing. Purifiers with GM(armed with psycho grenades) assault with the terminators, deal out justice then consolidate towards the next group of heritics and other naysayers. The Anti tank issue, I get. Every squad in the list has a hammer and hammerhand and hopefully that can deal with the pesky metal boxes. Oh yeah, I have purifiers, but purgation squads can carry the same number of psycannons as a full squad of purifiers and they carry teleport homers. The only other things in the codex that carry them are the Librarian(a strong candidate for this list) and Stormravens, which are fast but fairly fagile and very costly.

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:53 pm

Any other suggestions for dealing with the anti tank issue?

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:22 pm

I was reading on another forum earlier that some guy's Vindicare took out 3 Land Raider's in one game, failing that if your considering a librarian anyway how about warp rift
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Thu Sep 22, 2011 5:41 pm

I like the idea, the only problem is where do you cut fat from a list like this? probably swap one Terminator from one squad, switch one squad over to Halberds instead of falchions and switch one psycannon to a incinerator(Psilencers are cool, but not on PAGKs). That's about 140 off the top of my head. Vindicares are cool, but I think librarians can fulfil more roles in an army.

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum