Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Slaughter In Space 40K GT

5 posters

Go down

Slaughter In Space 40K GT Empty Slaughter In Space 40K GT

Post by Rivan Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:21 am

I've registered for the Slaughter In Space 40K GT in May and debating b/w 2 lists. My original list is my standard dual LR and w/ beefed up GM and Libby leading. Obviously, the points cost for the LR's and HQ's make for fewer bodies on the table (30 infantry plus 2 Raiders).

I've come up w/ an alternate list that puts more bodies on the table and wanted to see what you guys think.

HQ - GM w/ m-c warding stave, p-cannon, 1 skull, rad & psychostroke grenades
HQ - Brotherhood Champ
TR - 10 x GKT w/ 2 p-cannons/halberds, 2 hammers, 6 halberds, psybolts
TR - 6 x GKT w/ 1 p-cannon/halberd, 1 hammer, 2 halberds, 1 warding stave, 1 banner
EL - 8 x Purifiers w/ 2 p-cannons, 1 hammer, 5 halberds, Rhino
FA - 10 x GKIS w/ 2 p-cannons, 8 swords, psybolts
HS - LRC w/ searchlight

1998 pts, 36 infantry + 2 vehicles

Obviously, mid-range is where I'll excel w/ 8 p-cannons total + LRC asscan. Lack of long range AT can potentially hurt but most of my units do have mobility (w/ the 10-man GKT possibly deep striking).
- GM is costly but he's the model centerpiece of my army so I'll live with it Razz
- minimum 2-3 scoring units + possible 2-3 more (if I make purifiers & GKIS scoring)
- no Libby is a big concern for me due primarily to not having a hood. His other powers also provide a lot of support to my other units. However,
- B. Champ makes the purifiers even deadlier on the assault. Plus he's roughly half the cost of a libby w/ multiple powers and servo skulls
- what I really like about this list is in addition to having 2 hard-hitting units (GM + 6 GKTs & BC +purifiers), I have the 10-man GKT and the 10-man GKIS that can grab/contest objectives.

Thoughts and feedback please. Thanks!
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Slaughter In Space 40K GT Empty Re: Slaughter In Space 40K GT

Post by Nausaden Thu Apr 28, 2011 1:49 pm

Really like your list. I enjoy seeing a Brotherhood champ around; its just hard to pick him when we've got such a badass libby to support the army. Still, I really like your list and ratio between power armor and terminator armor Rivan.

Its going to be a bit lackluster with long range; and your going to need to be wary of gunlines/leaf blowers. With your ability I'm sure you'll be fine. A shame that you don't have enough points to give your interceptors halberds; I really like your banner but maybe consider dropping a few things to give them halberds in case of assault perhaps. Otherwise there isent much I can say; your lists always are very pleasant to see and give me plenty of ideas!
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by stormknight Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:18 pm

Nice to see a competitive list. I hope you don't mind me being critical, please do take it with a pinch of salt.
I'd suggest a multi-melta on the LRC. When you move 12" you can fire one weapon + machine weapon. I think you'd make more use of the multi-melta than a hurricane bolter shot.
Would incinerators do more damage using the shunt move? Also the terminators inside the LRC would benefit from the brother champion more than the purifiers, because the terminators can directly deal with large threats using the LRC- the brother xhampion can take out big bad asses like IC's and MC's..
Perhaps tone the Grandmaster down a bit and add more bodies and pyscannons to the purifiers squad.
I don't mean to offend you, although the Grandmaster really needs to choose close combat OR shooting not both because he is soo expensive, considering his pyscannon will be sitting in a land raider for a couple of turns I'd drop it.
I'd also drop the banner as it looses you 3 attacks on the charge from the guy who replaced his sword with it.
stormknight
stormknight
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 331
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2010-09-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:53 pm

Appreciate the feedback! Very Happy

@Stormknight: Very good observations/points...I really appreciate them.
- As far as the GM goes, I'm kinda stuck w/ that load out. I'm using my new converted GM that has this really BIG stave. And I ended up needing to put a psycannon on him to balance the model out. I'm defending my back to back title for Best Painted Army with this tourney so I want to stay competitive in that category (conversions give extra points) Very Happy If I wasn't using him, I'd definitely drop the p-cannon and use the 45 pts elsewhere.
- I actually do have the option of putting the B-Champ in the LRC w/ the GM + 6 GKTs. It depends on the opponent. He can go in the rhino or in the LRC as needed.
- My Interceptor squad is primarily meant for shooting/sniping w/ their 2 p-cannons and S5 stormbolters. I will actually try and keep them away from CC as much as possible unless required. Also, p-cannons are half the cost of incinerators.
- For the LRC, actually, if I'm not mistaken, we can't normally fire any weapon when we move 12" but the POTMS can still fire 1 weapon. I'm actually moving a few points around (giving up the searchlight & 1 halberd from the purifiers) and giving the LRC psybolt upgrade. If I move 12", I'll be firing only the S7 asscan anyway. If I move 6", I can fire the asscan + 1 sponson (3-6 S5 shots). The MM would be nice for 10 pts but I find the 1 shot (non TWL) too iffy. I actually call my MM multi-miss more often than not Razz
- Banner: On the charge, yes I do lose 3 force weapon attacks but gain 6 attacks (5 for the squad + 1 for the GM) so I'm still up 3 (one of which is at WS6) Very Happy

If I could move some points around, I do want to replace 1 p-cannon from the GKIS w/ an incinerator but don't know where else to get the points.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:51 pm

Good, solid list. I would have the Purifiers in the LRC every game. That turn delay before assault really restricts their chances for a possible second run.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:29 pm

The only problem i see with interceptors with psycannons is that they like to move alot, and then only get the 2 psycannon shots each. Even if they shunt, thats not really a lot of damage. I use interceptors with flamers to take out scouts, xenos, pathfinders, and other units in cover i really need dead. teleporting/jumping with two psycannons just means you have a slightly better angle for your shots, but your not adding much

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Apr 29, 2011 10:08 am

MJSwasey wrote:The only problem i see with interceptors with psycannons is that they like to move alot, and then only get the 2 psycannon shots each. Even if they shunt, thats not really a lot of damage. I use interceptors with flamers to take out scouts, xenos, pathfinders, and other units in cover i really need dead. teleporting/jumping with two psycannons just means you have a slightly better angle for your shots, but your not adding much

I'm with you on the limitations of a moving p-cannon w/o Relentless. However, coming in at 300 pts for the squad, I pretty much had to decide on a role for my Interceptors that I thought would best compliment the rest of the list. I agree that incinerators ARE probably the most efficient load out for them (that's also probably why they cost 20 pts each) but this also means I'll be putting them within assault/counter-assault range of the enemy. And the few test games I've played already told me GKSS and GKIS are not very effective in CC. Spending extra 5pts/halberd will help a little but not much.
So, I give them 2 p-cannons and psybolts and I can use them to harass targets of opportunity or to counter light walkers/vehicles (ie sentinels, speeders, DE raiders). With their mobility, I effectively have 36" range p-cannon and heavy bolter shots. Hopefully, this role will also give them better longevity and they'll still be around towards the end game as objective grabbers/contesters Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Love your tactics Rivan; totally what I was thinking of doing with interceptors Very Happy

Can't wait to hear your games. Your gonna stomp.
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content