Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

750pt Themed Armies

5 posters

Go down

750pt Themed Armies Empty 750pt Themed Armies

Post by bigbri Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:45 am

My store is running a series of games over the next month. Each week you bring 750pts of that weeks theme and you get put onto a team for a mini-apoc style game. This week is troops only (no HQ's or anything). My current list is:

Justicar w/targeter
PAGK x 6
psycannon X 2

Justicar w/targeter
PAGK x 6
Psycannon x 2

Justicar w/targeter
PAGK x 7
Incinerator x 2

Total = 748

I'm a little low on models but those storm bolters and psycannons can take a heavy toll on most units before they can get near. Any suggestions on what to change(bearing in mind this is tomorrow, short notice FTL) would be great.

Next week will be elites, a week later is fast attack and a week after is heavy support. Any help creating lists for those would be greatly appreciated. I'm thinking all termies with holocaust as a base for the Elites, maybe teleport squads with cinnies for FA and purgation squads for HS.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

750pt Themed Armies Empty Re: 750pt Themed Armies

Post by Rivan Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:50 am

I like it. Can't go wrong with having a lot of shooting.

For the last 2 pts, I would either give 2 squads frag grenades or an auspex for 1 squad Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:56 am

if you have stromtroopers you could change 1 GKPA for 2 squads of IST with meltas... unless you want to play full GK, choice that i would totally understand Razz Wink

you'll be short in choices for the FA though (only DS GKPA) : this list would be very close to the troop one Razz

for the HS though : you can get purgators but GK dread and even LR and LRC !! cheers cheers this one could be a tough list !! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

elite list will be tricky to choose too : the core would be imho GKT with a BC well geared. but assassins could do the trick too, or inquisitor with shooting servitors, or deathcultists ... this one will be as you like to play Wink

do you have the number of squad restrictions (like 3 FA units max) or not ?
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:48 am

Rivan wrote:I like it. Can't go wrong with having a lot of shooting.

For the last 2 pts, I would either give 2 squads frag grenades or an auspex for 1 squad Very Happy

Ah yeah frag grenades for the justicars, never though of that. At least one model hitting at initiative could be useful.

@Aubec Dunno where my IST's are atm, plus always preferred pure GK, especially against people who don't know their rules. Shrouding tends to mess with people even if it isn't that effective, if they only just pass the roll to see me they tend to edge squads forward where i can hit them harder >=]

For heavy support I'm kinda worried about rolling a couple of LR's. Everyone will be running melta/lascannon spam to stop it (and one guard player I expect to turn up with squadrons of russ vanquishers like last time. I might look at using something else for that (long fang spam with split fire will be hilarious)

For fast attack I'm thinking teleport squads with double cinnies, will either be really effective or a complete disaster, depends on what armies turn up tomorrow.

Not sure about squad restrictions, didn't have much time to find out about all the rules (only nipped in for some paint when the misses was distracted lol) Will know more when I get back tomorrow. Thanks for the help so far brothers.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:43 pm

If your playing pure GK that's as good as you can get it. It's not like we have a helluva a lot of options. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:10 pm

First off sorry for the wall of text Razz
Had the game today and went great, lost two entire squads in exchange for 30+necrons, 20 ork boyz and a trukk. I learned a few things that should help when designing army lists for the other games.
1)Likely opponents include necrons, chaos, IG and Tau, if numbers are low I could face either Dark Angels or Vanilla marines as well
2)The board is made up of 24" square tiles and very little terrain with objectives straight down the centre, Worried my termies are going to be slaughtered in the open and not much room for standard run 'n gun tactics because of number of opponents.
3)Dedicated transports are allowed and can take objectives since they count as the FOC slot they come from(fortunately the BA player didn't bring LR's as transports lol)
4)There's no limits on numbers of units, so can have more than 3 Elite choices and don't need inquistors for assassins(specifically asked if I could bring all assassins and he said yes, but said no to my all orbital bombardment HS idea lol)

At the moment I'm toying with the idea of one seriously tooled up GKT squads with holocaust in a raider backed up by some callidus assassins, or another smaller squad of GKT's. Anyone got any suggestions on how to kit it out for max carnage?

On a side note are there any elites that are psykers? I want to take a psychic hood so I can argue with the useless store guy running the games. I was arguing with a chaos player about how good Abaddon is, when I pointed out how our GM can force weapon him to death we got into the DH Force weapons v eternal warrioir debate. The store guy flat out said i can't use our rules to bypass ID, so if i take a psychic hood and claim infinite range I expect him to not allow it and make me use regular codex rules, at which point I claim 3+ storm shields and rending AC's >=]

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:36 am

The store guy sounds like a douche, I mean our GM is overcosted for what he does without that rule....
Just chuck the Psychic Hood on your GM.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:35 am

codex rules prevails on standard rules ... that is the big chief of the big red store (GW) that said it ... so the rules of the chief overrules the rules of a manager... don't let you be screwed without a fight : use your codex rules !! Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Sun Sep 12, 2010 6:26 am

Yea, thats absolutely right really, codex always trumps everything else, especially opinions.
That being said if many of our other options had been updated we would actually have a much more viable army! Damn SS's!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down