Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chaos Space Marines at 1250pts

+2
Zealadin
Brother Ezekiel
6 posters

Go down

Chaos Space Marines at 1250pts Empty Chaos Space Marines at 1250pts

Post by Brother Ezekiel Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:31 am

Chaos Lord Kranus
Equipment:
Mark of Khorne
Pair Lightning Claws
Melta Bombs
Power Armour
Frag and Krak Grenades
Total:135pts

Chaos Space Marine Squad Jules(10)
Equipment:
Power Armour
Bolters
CC-weapons
Bolt pistols
Frag and Krak Grenades
2x Meltagun
IoCG
Aspiring Champion
Power Fist
Total:210pts

Rhino Gorespiller
Equipment:
Twin-linked Bolter
Smoke Lauchers
Searchlight
Total:35pts

Chaos Space Marine Squad Darticus(10)
Equipment:
Power Armour
Bolters
CC-weapons
Bolt pistols
Frag and Krak Grenades
2x Plasmagun
IoCG
Aspiring Champion
Power Fist
Total:220pts

Rhino Gutsliccer
Equipment:
Twin-linked Bolter
Searchlight
Smoke Lauchers
Total:35pts

Chaos Dreadnought Tamiros
Equipment:
Twin-linked Lascannon
Smoke Lauchers
Searchlight
Extra Armour
DCCW
Heavy Flamer
Total:145pts

Khorne Berzerkers Damian(9)
Equipment:
Power Armour
CC-weapons
Bolt pistols
Frag and Krak Grenades
Skull Champion
Power Fist
Total:229pts

Land Raider Unstable Fury
Equipment:
2x Sponson Mounted Twin-linked Lascannon
Smoke Lauchers
Searchlight
Twin-linked Heavy Bolter
Daemonic Possesion
Total:240pts

Grand Total:1249pts

So here is my new list for 1250pts.I think the plan is pretty simple,get the Lord and Khorne Berzerkers stuck in CC,while squad Jules deals with close range anti-tank duty,while Tamiros attempt with the LR long range Anti-tank and any MEQs will be hopefully engaged by squad Darticus.Now I know I don't have a lot in the way of anti-infatry,except the Khorne Berzerkers and Khorne Lord,who are basically
anti-everything,except MCs.I have also been balancing between a couple of things to add to my list and its been between Havocs(I somehow just love the idea of infatry with heavy weapons)Predator or Obliterators.Now Obliterators are a good choice of anti-everything,but its a litle fluff issue that is keeping me from taking them,which is litle compared to the other choiches,since if I configure the Predator to have Autocannon and Heavy bolter sponsons,it will have litle in the way to kill bigger prey and if I configute it to anti-tank role it can't effectively deal with infatry.Same with Havoc,unless I outfit them with Missile Lauchers,but then it ain't really effective vs armour(shooting with S8 against AV 14 is a pain in the ass),where as Obliterator can have any kind of weapon,so they are truly anti everything,since they can have lascannons,plasma cannons,multi-meltas,twin-linked plasma guns,twin-linked meltaguns and twin-linked flamers.

Last edited by Brother Ezekiel on Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Chaos Space Marines at 1250pts Empty Re: Chaos Space Marines at 1250pts

Post by Zealadin Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:16 am

Hmmm looks interesting, I don't know enough about CSM tho to understand it all Very Happy
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:35 am

Well I guess most don't so I give somethings unique to Chaos an explanation here.

Mark of Khorne=1 more attack,which is 4 power weapon attacks,which re-roll to hit on the Lord,but only at S4.

IoCG=Icon of Chaos Glory,which gives a re-rollable Ld 10 to the Chaos Space Marines.ยจ

Khorne Berzerkers=Guys with WS5,are Fearless and have Furious Charge,so on charge those guys have 24 WS5 S5 I5 attacks and the Skull Champion with 3 WS5 S9 attacks.Then add in the Lord and these 2 units dish out a lot of punishment in CC.

Daemonic Possesion:The vechicle will ignore any Stunned and Shaken result,but BS is redused to 3.
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:21 am

I like it. I've always favored well-balanced lists that stick to a certain theme (not just power-lists).

Am I correct in assuming the khorne berzerkers will be footslogging it? Or will the CL be attached to them and they will be in the LR?
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:44 am

i think the list is balanced (sorry i can't say that i like a chaos list Razz Razz )
one point though : your dread is maybe too equipped it seems to me too much like a pointsbag you could save some points here to have another trick (don't know which one)
and your HQ and big guy (berserkers) don't have invul savings ... this could be a major weakness used by your future opponent...
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:51 am

Yea seems very well balanced, and those Bezerkers would be nasty in a fight.
If CSM has one well aknowledged issue its things things being over-costed, but it still seems a good list!
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:46 pm

Good list though I think two Oblits would be a better option than the Dread. I have a nagging feeling though from a previous thread there's some reason why you can't/won't take Oblits.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Grimhack Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:27 pm

I always think chaos players should abuse the low cost of a daemon prince... They are so worth their points, and you don't even have to make them lash princes, tzeentch with warptime eats through a lot.
Grimhack
Grimhack
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 684
Army : Daemonhunters
Registration date : 2009-11-20

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:15 am

@Rivan They will be with mah Lord in the LR,since footslogging such a heavy CC unit is suicide,I mean even the newest player usually knows that when Khorne Berzerkers charge,things get messy.

@At Aubec,yeah I know,but what can I really do?I could make the Lord Termie.Lord and stick him with Tzeench Termie squad,but I really think that the Berzerkers are a better option since there will be more of them and I think theyr really better at CC,since they can take out even huge Ork Boyz squads,since the sheer number of attacks can kill them off,while the Termies might not.And yeah maybe that Dread might be a litle point sack,but still since I'm gonna be using him in the 750pts list like that,I think I'm going to stick with him.

@NemesisForce Yeah they might be more cost effective,but since I don't yet have the model for them,I'll stick with the Dread and then there is a litle issue with the fluff I have created,but I think I am gonna take some when I expand my army further.

@Grimhack Yeah he is pretty cheap for the kind of MC and CC HQ he is,I know,since my Berzerker friend Kati fields one as mark of khorne and with wings with her whole Berzerker army,which is downright nasty when they hit our lines,but when they hit you lines with a huge CC MC theyr even nastier than ever before.

@
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum