Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1300 vs DAEMONS

+2
Aubec le noir
MJSwasey
6 posters

Go down

1300 vs DAEMONS Empty 1300 vs DAEMONS

Post by MJSwasey Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:59 am

Greetings brothers. Today I introduced a Daemon player to the power of Daemonhunters.

My friend, a long time ork player, is starting fantasy with me and a group of friends (I'm lizardmen, rwar!) and picked up a decent force of daemons he can use in both 40k and fantasy (he leaves them on square bases and we don't mind for 40k). They've played a few opponents, but never had he seen a true Daemon hunter. Boy was he in for a surprise!

The Imperiums Mighty Defenders
A Grand Master with holocaust, Sacred Incense, and Grimoire
His Hallowed Retinue of 5 GKT (one with Psycannon)

One GK squad of 6 (two psycannons)
Two GK squads of 8 (one Incinerator)

One TWLC CCW smoke EA dread.

The foul Chaos:
One Foul Flying Bloodthister

One squad of deamonettes
Two squads of bloodletters, one with the skulltaker, one with an upgraded bloodletter on a fearsome beast
One squad of (pink horrors? flamers?) with a special psychic "you shoot your own men" power

Spearhead, 4 objectives, due to the small points and model count, 4x4 board.
He won the rolls, but I went first. The brave brothers of the Ordos Malleus formed a defensive perimeter about 12 inches from my corner (back right corner of the board) in a semi circle, leaving little room for the foul daemons to appear. The Grand master and the dreadnaught took up the center of the formation. The watch for the appearance of the foul spawn began.

Turn one
I waited for deamons to appear.

Daemons appeared! A Bloodthirster and horrors ripped out of the warp, in a cruel twist of fate, right behind a ruined church on the right side about 16 inches away, (the blood thirster a little farther back and a squad of bloodletters poured out behind some trees 24 inches to my left (all perspectives are looking from my corner to the opposite corner, at a diagonal). The horrors poured shots through the church windows, breaking stained glass and raining upon the psycannon squad, killing one psycannon.

Turn Two

The brothers retaliate! The leftmost squad fires and kills some bloodletters, while the other squads focused fire on the horrors. The special psyker got double ones and died (looking at his rules now, i don't think he even had to take a test! oh well), leaving the rest of my Knights to whittle the horrors to half strength, and the lascannon to put a wound on the blootthirster. The turn ended with one large squad and a dread more to the left, and a large and small squad slightly to the right of the middle, with the termies heavily right.

Sensing the incoming termies, the bloodletter flew into cover just about at the edge of my deployment zone closest to the center of the board, while the bloodletters and horrors continued their advance through cover. The Grey knights, now aware of the threat, took no casualties.

Turn three
Sensing more warp spawn approaching, the brothers continued to give ground while firing, knocking the bloodletters to the skulltaker with one wound and two bloodletters, and bringing the horrors down to 5 The termies were advancing on the church, while the rest of the team kept their relative positions (dread and large squad about 18 inches to the left of my back right corner, small and large squad about 12, termies about 6 inches from right board edge, 18 inches forward).

Bloodletters and deamonetters appear and swarm around a foul banner a remaining bloodletter was carrying, and the bloodthirster jumps behind (taking a wound from the forest), creating quite a large force only 8 or so inches from my left flank.

Turn 4
The brothers Cleanse the foul deamons. Both large squads Incinerate the Bloodletters and daemonettes (the back squad barely reaching), while a psycannon squad brings skulltakers squad down to just him. some daemonetters and bloodletters are left standing, so the Forward GK squad bravely charges. On the right side, the Terminators kept their weapons silent, advancing around the church to just get in a charge on the all alone horrors, oblierating them and heading back to the main force. The other combat ends with 3 brothers stuck in combat against 6 daemonetters and two bloodletters.

The bloodletters and daemonettes finish off my brave knights, while the skulltaker foolishly looses his last wound assualting a full GK squad. The bloodthirster flies high overhead to swoop in and take off both dreadnaught arms.

At the end of this turn 6 deamonettes and 2 bloodletters are left inches from an almost full gk squad (with incin) and a small psycannon squad. the terminators are about 10 inches closer to the center of the board, and the bloodthirster/dread are 6 inches farther back, on my own table edge.

Turn 5
The GK shooting finishes off the deamonettes as the daemon prince finishes off the dreadnought, and the terminators run in to cut off the deamons escape

The Bloodletter, the only deamon remaining, is driven by it's fury to try and take revenge on a smaller GK squad. The justicar and a GK live to put a wound on the beast.

Turn 6
It continues, and around 10 GK +5 temies and a GM with anti daemon gear converge on the daemon. Consolodation is onto and objective for the win. The chaos threat has been purged.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1300 vs DAEMONS Empty Re: 1300 vs DAEMONS

Post by Aubec le noir Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:11 am

yes !! cheers
we will prevail !! Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:56 am

Bah,if it would have been my legion of Chaos followers,your forces would have been utterly crushed.We are the Chaos Gods favorites after all.

Last edited by Brother Ezekiel on Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:03 am

Nice batrep! And congratulations on the win Very Happy

Brother Ezekiel, be careful, you might be next Razz Razz
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Ezekiel Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:37 am

BRING IT OOOOON,YOU WEAKLINGS!!!(sorry I had to do that,because Kati was right behind me....)
Brother Ezekiel
Brother Ezekiel
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 691
Location : Segmentum Obscurus,Battle Barge Immolative Onslaught
Army : White Raven Space Marines 5th Company and the new Bloodoathed Chaos Space Marines,also Empire General Rainer 'Cursebreaker' 'Dwarf-helper' Raukovs independent 18th army of Nuln
Registration date : 2008-11-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:05 pm

The proverbial Daemonette on the shoulder, eh Ezekiel? Smile Nice win MJ. It's really special to be able to take it to our most hated adversary.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:27 am

Ah, my FAVORITE sort of Batrep!!

A real pleasure to hear of your victory over our most accursed nemesis, the reason for our existence, the Daemons of the foul warp!

Very well done Very Happy Your Knights did just as they should have, and I only wish for pictures for a clearer image. I enjoyed the details you noted, and the surroundings seemed to fit right on in with the forces.

Noble sacrifices from the Grey Knights chapter, with the Daemons banished or outright erased from existence!
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content