Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

500pt list

+2
NemesisForce
Xterminator2
6 posters

Go down

500pt list Empty 500pt list

Post by Xterminator2 Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:58 pm

I recently made up this for fun. any thoughts on fixups would b apreciated

500pts

brother captain
w/ 5 IST with 2 of them carrying melta gunz

LRC
smoke

2 imperial guard squads

should be 499 total
Xterminator2
Xterminator2
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 25
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-09-11

Back to top Go down

500pt list Empty Re: 500pt list

Post by NemesisForce Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:01 am

A B-C leading a squad of IST is a little unorthodox but it could work. The LRC will definitely give you an edge at 500 points as it can put out a squads worth of dakka all by itself. Any heavy weapond in the IG squads?
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Cornix Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:04 am

Should look like fun but im pretty sure its illegal, with our induction rules u have to get the first two troop requirements from daemonhunter codex

Cornix
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 32
Army : Grey knights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Registration date : 2009-07-14

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:28 am

well depend on what type of game he's playing, i guess. 500 points is usually combat patrol, but then he can't take the BC or land raider, but that only requrires one troop choice. perhaps it's another varient like that?

if this list is legal (your playing some specialty game type) be careful of cheap melta! I can see deepstriking dreads really tearing it up in this type of format (which is probably why combat patrol has the armor restriction) so being taken a lot and if they come in and destroy the LRC, even if they die to return fire they've basically destroyed most of your force.

and tau probably wont resist throwing a railgun or two in or cheap melta pirahna/crisis to deal with this sort of list. Fun when it works, but i imagine its not so fun when the LR dies early.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by VindicareAssassin Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:07 pm

WORST LIST. jk. but your avg list has a lost of anti tank in it, esp IG i playe in 2 combat patrol tournaments and lost in the first round both times. the first was with a PAGK AND IST list w/ dread and the i played sm and they killed me w/ heavy wpns. the next tournament i took a sm list with ISTs instead of scouts nd it went better but my dice rolls were abysmal ( 5 kraks missiles all 1s for penetration on a chimera and 2 multimelta shots that missed) DH 500pts list are very had to make and even harder to wi w/ because 18 PAGKs are about 500pts.
VindicareAssassin
VindicareAssassin
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Grey Knights/Daemonhunters and Dragon Guard
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Xterminator2 Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:54 pm

My bad never new u had to meet your army list req. b4 bringing allied troops. This was just list for a miniturized game. thats why i took the IG for objectives and the IST squad with meltas for anti tank so i could be versatile. But i chose the LRC because its both anti tank and infantry killer. Which is imo the best LR handsdown
Xterminator2
Xterminator2
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Thu Sep 17, 2009 8:10 pm

Just watch out for those pesky melta guns. It would be quite a blow to lose half your army points in one shot.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by VindicareAssassin Thu Sep 17, 2009 9:55 pm

lrc in 1000pts or less is a huge risk because you can bring about 7 grey knights to the list and then you're done. and it is a huge fir magnet. as Brother Nemesis said.
VindicareAssassin
VindicareAssassin
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Grey Knights/Daemonhunters and Dragon Guard
Registration date : 2009-07-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:49 am

Xterminator2 wrote:My bad never new u had to meet your army list req. b4 bringing allied troops. This was just list for a miniturized game. thats why i took the IG for objectives and the IST squad with meltas for anti tank so i could be versatile. But i chose the LRC because its both anti tank and infantry killer. Which is imo the best LR handsdown

Your relying on the anti tank at very short range, and most normal anti tank doesn't have the same problem.
In smaller games I'd be more inclined to use a LR rather than a LRC your getting more effective anti tank, with the same almost impossible to kill armour, and you don't need the shorter range. At 500 points I'd be a bit hesitant using a LR of any variant. Its hard though because at 500 points we REALLY suffer from PAGK's being rediculously overpriced.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Xterminator2 Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:36 am

ya our shit really is overpriced, it be nice to see model pt reduction in the next DH codex. And u make a good pt about LR vs LRC. i just figured id c more troops then actual heavy suport on my opps side. so a lrc will help clear out troops while i get the brother captain and the ist squad with the meltas closer to there heavys
Xterminator2
Xterminator2
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:31 pm

really all we truely need to at least be able to play combat patrol with grey knights instead of inquisition is to be able to put heavy weapons in GK squads and transport options

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down