Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fourth Battle - Rematch vs. 1750 Khorne army

4 posters

Go down

Fourth Battle - Rematch vs. 1750 Khorne army Empty Fourth Battle - Rematch vs. 1750 Khorne army

Post by Rivan Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:23 pm

Ok, so I played a 1750 re-match vs. my opponent's Khorne army. We used practically the same lists except for a few minor changes on his part with regards to wargear. He gave all his champions melta bombs and all his vehicles had extra armor. I'm going to shorten this batrep compared to my 3 previous ones and concentrate on the highlights of the game. My opponent definitely had a better grasp of the new rules this time and made good strategic adjustments especially with Kharn the Betrayer.

1750 Chaos Space Marines
HQ - Kharn the Betrayer
HQ - Chaos Lord w/ bolt pistol and PF
ELITES - 6 Chaos Terminators (1 reaper AC)
ELITES - Chaos LR w/ EA
TROOPS - 16 Khorne berserkers (champion has melta bombs)
TROOPS - 10 Chaos SM (champion has PW and melta bombs)
Rhino w/ EA
TROOPS - 10 Chaos SM (champion has PW and melta bombs)
Rhino w/ EA
HS - Chaos dread w/ PC and CCW

1750 Grey Knights
HQ - GM w/ MC-nfw, psycannon, PH, SI & Hammerhand
+ 3 GKTs (1 psycannon)
ELITES - BC w/ psycannon + 3 GKTs (1 psycannon). Squad has Holocaust
TR - 6 PAGKs (targeter)
TR - 6 PAGKs (targeter, incinerator, melta bombs)
TR - 6 PAGKs (incinerator, melta bombs)
HS - LR w/ EA, DB & SL
HS - LR w/ EA, DB & SL

The mission was Annihilation (my favorite, of course), and the deployment was Dawn of War. My opponent won the roll-off and decided to go first. I didn't even bother to try and seize the initiative since I preferred to go second anyway (primarily because of the DoW deployment and secondly because of Kharn). I already had a feeling my water warrior tactics would play a key role in this game. The board was strewn with terrain in the form of ruined buildings so there was plenty of cover and LOS challenges.

He deployed Kharn attached to the berserkers right on the 24" line a little to the right of the table and deployed one of his CSM squads mounted in a rhino also on the 24" line right at the center of the table. Very sound deployments but quite predictable. I deployed 2 TROOP squads right on my board edge directly in front of my opponent's rhino. There was however, a large piece of terrain that blocked line of sight to my PAGKs. Nevertheless, their main role was to serve as bait...

Turn 1 - Opponent's LR, rhino, dread and chaos lord moved in from the board edge. However, the dread and CL were on the far opposite side of where Kharn and the first rhino are (good for me Very Happy ). The termies were going to deep strike. Kharn and the berserkers moved and ran another 4" toward my PAGKs (they took the bait bounce ). The rhino also moved and positioned itself on the opposite side of terrain across from my PAGKs. The LR tried to shoot at my PAGKs but failed shrouding.
My 2 LR's moved in from the board edge right in front of Kharn and the berserkers and unloaded my HQ and ELITES squads. My third TROOPS squad also moved in from the board edge right behind and in between the LRs. My other 2 squads moved towards my LR's and further away from his dread and LR. I also wanted my units together since the termies are still coming in via DS. Concentrated fire from my HQ, ELITES and 1 TROOPS squad killed 6 berserkers. One LR shot and destroyed the rhino hiding in terrain. My HQ charged Kharn and the berserkers (there was no way I was going to let them have their furious charge). However, my ELITES didn't quite make assault range. I was confident my GM can dispatch Kharn easily but the dice gods had other plans. Because of sacred incense, my GM will strike first, then Kharn simultaneous w/ my GKTs and lastly the berserkers. My GM had 5 attacks on the charge and hit only twice, causing only 1 wound (epic fail!!! Evil or Very Mad ) which Kharn promptly saved. Kharn hit back w/ 6 attacks that all hit (he hits on 2+) and caused 6 wounds! (he wounds on 3+). My GM takes a wound and I lose all 3 GKTs but the GKTs get their attacks and their combined attacks take Kharn down.

On my opponent's assault phase, my GM attacked the berserkers first and hit 3 out of 4 attacks and...rolls three 1's!!!! (epic fail again!!! Evil or Very Mad ) On the flip side however, the berserkers made 30 attacks, hit 16 times and caused 8 wounds...all of which my GM saved!
When my assault turn came in, the ELITES charged in also and that was it. GM killed 3 this time and the GKTs' 13 attacks killed the rest.

For the rest of the game, I pretty much kept moving back or sideways while constantly reducing his numbers with stormbolter fire. When unit of his was within charge range, I would charge with at least 2 units and take it out. The dread was destroyed by lascannon fire from the LRs. The CL was charged by the ELITES GKTs and didn't even get a chance to swing back with his PF. The epic fail on my opponents part was his termies. They successfully deep struck but were whittled down by concentrated SB fire. I thought I was having a bad day until my opponent lost 3 termies just from one salvo from 6 PAGKs.

The final score was: GK - 7 CSM - 2 cheers

Last edited by Rivan on Sun Aug 30, 2009 5:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Fourth Battle - Rematch vs. 1750 Khorne army Empty Re: Fourth Battle - Rematch vs. 1750 Khorne army

Post by Brother Captain Lee Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:33 pm

Awesome victory
Brother Captain Lee
Brother Captain Lee
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 23
Army : Pure Grey Knight
Registration date : 2009-08-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Fourth Battle - Rematch vs. 1750 Khorne army Empty Re: Fourth Battle - Rematch vs. 1750 Khorne army

Post by Nausaden Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:52 pm

Amazing battle Brother Rivan! I LOVE your batreps! Put down really nicely for sure.

That list looks intimidating; just like my rival is planning on playing. I feel horrid that your Grandmaster didn't cut down Kharne, but I suppose luck comes and goes. All the same, grand victory still occurred.

Very cunning strategy, luring him in and that nailing him from every which way Very Happy
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:28 pm

Nice tactics vs. Kharn. It's a must to get the charge in against him as it makes a world of difference. Good to see Sacred Incense being put to good use for a change. You keep piling up the victories like you are Rivan and you'll be promoted Grand Master in no time. Smile
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Sun Aug 30, 2009 9:40 pm

LOL Thanks NF...

I'm looking forward to a couple of games this week that will give me a good idea on the flexibility of my list.

One is a 1750 Eldar army so my psychic hood should come in handy.

The other is a purely mechanized IG army that has, according to my would-be opponent: 5 chimeras, 4-6 leman russ tanks and 2 vendetta gunships. The 2 gunships have a platoon of veterans w/ 3 melta guns each.

Should prove interesting Very Happy
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:14 am

...and sure as shootin' those Chimeras will have 3 melta-totin' Vets inside as well. Good luck Brother Rivan.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Nausaden Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:23 am

Good luck indeed Brother, for that's a lot of armor to hack through! But I have the utmost faith that you'll prove victorious. Keep up the batreps!
Nausaden
Nausaden
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1085
Army : Pure Grey Knights *Daemon Hunters*
Registration date : 2009-08-03

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:51 am

Actually, when I first saw your 6-man GK squads I had my doubts about their survivability in a 1750 point game. They seem to be holding out well though. I may give smaller GK squads a test sometime so I can free up some points for the extra 'candy' I never seem able to afford.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down