Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1750pt GK w/ =][= support

5 posters

Go down

1750pt GK w/ =][= support Empty 1750pt GK w/ =][= support

Post by jeffersonian000 Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:18 am

Here is a list I've been working for an upcoming tournament:

HQ (91pts)
Brother-Captain w/ NFW, Psycannon

Elite (254pts)
Brother-Captain w/ NFW, Psycannon
GKT w/ NFW, Psycannon
2x GKT w/ NFW, Stormbolter

Elite (61pts)
Inquisitor w/ Power Armour, Psycannon, Targeter

Elite (120pts)
Callidus Assassin

Troop (250pts)
Justicar w/ NFW, Stormbolter, Melta Bombs
2x GK w/ Incinerator
5x GK w/ NFW, Stormbolter

Troop (200pts)
Justicar w/ NFW, Stormbolter
2x GK w/ Psycannon
2x GK w/ NFW, Stormbolter

Heavy (258pts)
GK LR Crusader w/ Smoke

Heavy (258pts)
GK LR w/ Extra Armour, Smoke

Heavy (258pts)
GK LR w/ Extra Armour, Smoke

1750pts, 23 models, 9 kill points

The idea is to attach the HQ BC to the GKT squad for 3 psycannons, attach the Inquisitor to the small PAGK squad for 3 psycannons, and to have the large PAGK squad ride in one of the LR's as an assault force if they are not being used to kite. I can also deep strike the GKT's, have them assault from an LR, or just kite them. The Crusader is there to be a mobile salle port and to act as a fast moving "squad" with its hurricanes + 1 weapon after a 12" move, while GHLR's act as mobile shields and long ranged anti-tank/anti-MC; the ability to transport any and all of my GK squads in each LR is a boon on the off chance that I just need to get to the other side of the board by turn 2. The Callidus is there simply for disruption, be it with "A Word in Your Ear" or her Polymorphine deployment ability.

Functionally, the list is intended to give me options during a tournament rather just being locked into a set pattern.

Any thoughts?

SJ
jeffersonian000
jeffersonian000
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 107
Army : Knights of the Word
Registration date : 2009-06-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1750pt GK w/ =][= support Empty Re: 1750pt GK w/ =][= support

Post by Rivan Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:44 am

That's a pretty good list. I like the overall mobility and long-range heavy fire capability. The only thing that would concern me is having only 2 scoring units. You'll really have to keep them intact for seize and control missions. But other than that, pretty tough list!
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:29 am

Yea its a solid list, you'll need to REALLY protect those troops though.
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:15 am

I like the list as well. LR's are the best mobile objective contesters in the game. Use them wisely in scenarios that have 4 or 5 objectives. Use the GKT/LRC combo aggressively to wipe the enemy off his own markers. This should take the heat off of having only 2 Troop choices.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by gil galed Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:12 pm

i think you could use some more troops,

i mean at the moment having those incen/psycannons seems pointless as if i was your enemy if those PAGK got out of the LR i'd waste them with everything i had... i mean 5 people in a squad won't last very long imo...

..personally i'd drop something, just i'd be to worried about losing your troops... especially if you go up against a few meltas those LR's get dropped and suddenly you're in alot of trouble
gil galed
gil galed
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 55
Army : Space Marines, Tau, Wood Elves, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffersonian000 Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:55 pm

Well, I just played this list versus a 'Nidzilla army in a kill points games, and while I killed as many units as I lost, it sucked. The extrat psycannons helped out a lot, yet I still lacked the killing power to do more than just survive until the end of turn 5. And the Callidus just does not have the staying power she once had in past editions even with "A Word in Your Ear" and her C'Tan Phase Sword.

The next game I play this list in should be against either Tau or Marines, which may give me a different opinion on the list. The Tournament I'm getting ready for is on the 27th of this month, so hopefully I get all the kinks worked out before then.

SJ
jeffersonian000
jeffersonian000
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:10 am

Against a horde army, you would be better with lots of incinerators and ALOT more troops, LR's especially don't have the killing power necessary agianst that kind of army.

I'd probably swap the Inquisitor and assassin for more PAGK, also make the GKT squad either a squad for a LR which is CC specced (alot of people recommend GKT's in this fashion) or as a psycannon firebase which means you probably want 3 PAGK squads in your LR's
It will make it a more rounded list against -most- opponents but you lose alot of fluff and fun stff
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffersonian000 Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:16 pm

Neither Incinerator nor Psycannon can effectively dent a T7, W5 'fex. It took me 3 turns of fire from 2 god-hammer LR's to take down just one such 'fex. Of course, the Callidus was able to lend her neural shredder template to my large PAGK squad's 2 incinerators, which gutted a 32 'guant brood allowing the remaining bolter rounds to finish off the handful of survivors; i.e., no assault. The 6 psycannons could not take out a single 'fex, though.

If anything, this game made me want to drop the Crusader for another God-hammer, just to get 2 more lascannons on the field.

Outside of that, I have a bit of a model shortage (1 GKT box set with Psycan upgrade pack, 3 PAGK box sets, 2 PAGK Psycan blisters, 1 PAGK blister, 3 LRC/LRR kits with Terminus Ultra upgrade sprue so that I can swap weapon patterns for all three SM 'Raider patterns). My Inquisitorial models are all Necromunda Spyrars from back when Necromunda was new (Inquisitor w/ Psycan = Orrus Spyrar, Callidus = Jakara Spyrar, Eversor = Malcadon Spyrar, Vindicar = Yeld Spyrar).

SJ
jeffersonian000
jeffersonian000
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffersonian000 Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:23 am

Well, I pulled a 1/1/1 (W/D/L) in my tournament today. I played against three different Ork armies, and I was only able to win in an Annihilation mission; the draw and loss were both in the two objective based missions. I could kill Orks in droves, but I was not mobile enough to seize/contest enough objective to pull a win versus multiple 30-Boy mobs that huged cover for the bulk of those two games.

Live and learn. Very Happy

SJ
jeffersonian000
jeffersonian000
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:39 pm

If you pulled a .500 record against all-Orks you did damn ok. In my experience, the only easy Ork army to beat is one run by a player who has little or no clue how to use them.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by jeffersonian000 Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:29 pm

The irony was that I had swapped out the weapons on my Crusader to give me a third Godhammer (all of my LR's are magnetized), due to all the issues I've been having with Chaos and 'Nidzilla lists. Having to face 3 Ork armies with none of the low end massed firepower just one Crusader would have added made to whole day just a bit frustrating.

However, the problem wasn't just firepower, it was a lack of mobility I just did not expect. The inability my GK's to just get to the other side of the table in a strong enough force to be survivable was my biggest sticking point that I'm not sure on how to resolve. Maybe dropping an LR for an Orbital Strike?

SJ
jeffersonian000
jeffersonian000
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down