GK Rumors

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: GK Rumors

Post by MJSwasey on Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:56 pm

Note: these aren't even rumors, just my thoughts.

What I'd love to see is some fluffly big weapon thats good against MC we use against Daemons as our anti vehicle. Sometime like a lascannon or missile launcher that every unsaved wound becomes 2 wounds, to represent how it's not really mean for vehicles, it's meant as a weapon against the strongest of the Daemons, and fires a holy shell that continuous to burn once it hits and gets lodged in.

That or some special rule like "beyond reproach" which makes us never count as loosing combat, or immune to negative warp effects like perils.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 927
Registration date : 2009-08-08

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by librisrouge on Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm most interested in what they're going to do to ISTs. Most rumors only say that they're going to be brought "in-line" with IG stormtroopers but I kinda hope they aren't just the same thing.

As far as pure GK rumore, CHHAAAAPLLLAAIIINNSS! It'll be interesting to see how they do the supremely faithful in an army of the faithful. Hmmm....

Plus, skull helmets. I'm thinking about starting to convert my SM terminator chaplain into a Grey Knight. Basically just needs the storm bolter to be wrist mounted.

librisrouge
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 37
Registration date : 2010-09-30

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:02 am

Ewww chaplains..... sounds like GWS spent too much time reading that horrid GK novel written by the "Know no fluff, make up bull@#$%" author.
I mean honestly, they couldn't even find something that fits the GK lore or military organisation? /sigh.

Still considering the secrecy of the dark eldar codex I really can't see almost any rules being leaked, rumoured, or released, so I'd say anything except model sightings is pretty dubious.

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher on Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:22 am

Good rumors indeed!!!

Personnaly, about the walker, I have always liked the idea of the almost dead warrior still fighting in a sarcophagus... but let's wait and see....

I read somewhere that BA dex was a sort of test for a nextcoming dex.... GK Question
Maybe, but I find it hard to imagin GW publishing a "test dex"....

Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 663
Registration date : 2009-12-20

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Xethik on Thu Oct 07, 2010 1:30 pm

Brother Blutcher wrote:Good rumors indeed!!!

Maybe, but I find it hard to imagin GW publishing a "test dex"....

Have you heard about this with Codex: Dark Angels?
Sadly, they were really a test codex for Codex: Space Marines and really are a bit sub par in some fields because of this. It's really a shame in my opinion, but then again maybe people made up the whole test 'dex thing and I'm mistaken, but I've read that from many sources.

Xethik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 200
Army : Grey Knights, Dark Eldar, Ravenwing and Deathwing
Registration date : 2010-08-10

View user profile http://the-grey-knight.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher on Thu Oct 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Well, about what I read:

it was a theory explaining that the Blood Angel Dex, with quite new skills like angels fall (if I remember well) and new gear like Stormraven, was a way to test new ways of fighting for SMs up coming chapters, like.... GK, and one other chapter... maybe Black Templars, but it's my lone opinion...

I olso think it would be dammageable for players... but after all, it's like a market studdy....

Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:56 am

I have to say I agree about the BA codex, I wouldn't say its a test codex, but they wanted to see what would work, and alot of the options travel across to GK's.
Who is willing to bet we might see 6" scatter on teleporting, and Storm Ravens in our codex.

With each codex released for the current edition it becomes easier for GWS to make sure they balance future releases working on what they already know.

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Blutcher on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:13 pm

I agree with you Brother Zealadin...

Brother Blutcher
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey on Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:23 pm

Actually, if you look at it, GW has been coming out with something 'New' for each new codex. Not a rehash of applied abilities, but some theme with a cool new direction that really sets them apart.

I wouldn't be surprised to see storm ravens, but i think 6" scattering, assualting when deepstriking, and alot of fast vehicles aren't in our future - they speak too much to the 'blood angel theme'. I think we might see better empahsis on our 'better than the rest' and 'psyker' themes. Perhaps something new or just better for shrouding, perhaps more 2+ units or ones with invulns, perhaps more psychic powers or effects, etc

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:43 pm

Also maybe make our teleporting units scoring!

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:35 pm

I'll be very, very disappointed if they don't do something unique with our teleportation abilities.

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:52 pm

Teleportation is a huge theme for GK's especially since we traditionally are not vehicle heavy at all.
If its added, anything except 6" scatter would be rather strange unless we see an army choice/hq that can remove scatter completely.

Fast vehicles definately wouldn't be in, and neither would the assaulting on teleports I wouldn't say, but then they are purely BA stuff.

Rumours seem to think we will be pretty beastly in CC, but I'm on the fence, most of the rumours are pretty obvious wishlisting, but much better shrouding, maybe like harlequins, OR 2+ saves, OR all GK's with power weapons might be the way GWS go. The thing is it will most likely be one big change that brings us into being a t1 army, rather than lots, unless the codex ends up way overpowered.

I personally don't think Psychic powers will be something huge, and I have heard rumours that GK might have the ability to shut down all powers across the board, seems a bit far-fetched, but psychic powers are shut down too easily by too many armies now. Relying on them for an army to work isn't really viable anymore. (d6 rolloff hoping for a game changing power also isn't fun)
Just look at Eldar they have some awesome choices, but due to psychic powers being so unreliable they aren't super competitive unless you can win with all powers being blocked.

I like the 2+ save idea, but the biggest issue nowadays is that 2+ saves aren't nearly as good when so many armies stack plasma or melta and lots of anti tank. This might be to our advantage since it means that a 2+ save shouldn't increase our points too much, but its a hard one to balance! (some older armies still really struggle vs 2+, while newer ones laugh at it)

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri on Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:07 am

Personally I wanna see the teleporting aspect get a huge buff. Teleporting GKs is fluffy, rhino-riding-jump-using GK aren't. The problem with deep strike is boards are getting terain heavy these days, and the possibility of scattering 2D6 into terrain and mishapping is getting too great.
For psychic powers I want our GM's to be able to use two per turn or at least have an epistolary style upgrade for it. Grand Masters are supposedly some of the greatest human psykers, on par with chief librarians from other chapters yet get one power per turn :/

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:46 am

It really depends on the powers though, I would like to see more warlock styled powers, where they just work and can't be blocked by the many anti psyker abilities/items these days.

Personally I think a GM's psychic powers should be more an augmentation of strength/toughness/killing power. Having abilities too is good but just being badass is great Very Happy
Like Mephy, but better Very Happy

Like you said teleporting is the true GK theme, I don't think anyone ever suggested jump packs, although in the past jetbikes have been suggested.
Teleporting would need the 6" scatter, or even better a rule more like the drop pod which removes the danger of a mishap.

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey on Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:32 pm

Remeber, just hitting terrain doesn't cause a mishap, Only impassible terrain/other models cause mishaps

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin on Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:08 pm

I agree about the teleportation of the Grey Knights. Fluffwise, we Teleport into the midst of the enemy forces and then proceed to cut them to ribbons with our nemesis force weapons. This should be explored more in the next codex instead of just having a PAGK count as a non-scoring Fast Attack unit. Sure it's useful, but its not worth it most of the time.

It is also a tad silly that out GM can't use more then one psychic power each turn, especially with the base cost of him to begin with. It would be cool to see the GM with the same type of ability as a Warlock, where a nothing can stop the spell.

DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Sat Oct 09, 2010 11:23 pm

I too like the self-enhancement idea for psychic powers. No silly Wolf Jawsey-type things please.

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by rogueuk on Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:44 pm

wot about a thing like the sisters have with faith points only better grey knight versions which can be used with squads then the additional psychic powers for the cheracters

some faith points are great like the one thats makes the 3+ armour save into ans invul save very good vs dreadnoughts but some of them are a bit of a waste

rogueuk
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 361
Army : tau, chaos marines, daemon hunters
Registration date : 2009-12-17

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Some are a bit outdated, but people also don't realise that they have their uses.
Sisters basically always hit last so adding the strength at the loss of initiative isn't really that bad.
Rending and Invuln saves are downright amazing so get used the most.

Hopefully the sisters keep their faith rules since they are really unique.

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey on Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:05 pm

Faith points are sisters thing. That would be like giving sisters shrouding - it wont be done for us.

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce on Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:21 am

I agree with MJ though I like the idea of multiple powers to choose from. Example: a psychic power that might give us FNP, another Furious Charge. Along those lines where we can tailor to the situation.

NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:49 am

Its a bit close to previous releases though.
I wouldn't mind seeing something along the lines of a power that gives all Grey Knights in the army a bonus stat and you can choose at the start of the game.
+1T, +1 Initiative, +1 WS or BS, depending on where NFW's go perhaps +1 Str, Rending close combat attacks or storm bolter attacks.

You can choose one and it lasts till the end of the game. This way you can represent the GK's being one of the most elite forces in the universe and always knowing how to beat combat their foes.

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:49 am

Latest from StickMonkey as I read it from B&C:

"Latest from Stickmonkey:

I'm back, recovered from my jellyfish stings, and with some new rumors. These come from a new source for me, but my regular sources did not call bs. So as always, nothing is set in stone...I'm recounting exactly as I was told, so if it doesn't make sense to you, it didn't to me either. I will come out and say some of this directly conflicts other information I have, but I have my reasons to share

So this actually addresses much of the inquisition in gk questions:

Inq lords are hq and unlock ISTs as troops
ISTs are elite otherwise
ISTs can take chimera or valkerie as dt
Inq lord retinue looks more like ig command characters with some seritors thrown in
Temple Assassins one entry in elite, one stat line, options allow for customization into temple variants...but the actual temples are only mentioned in fluff, so some special rules look lost
Demonhosts look to be out
In troops we have ig conscripts...like an ig platoon, but conscripts only
Death cult assassins still elite, larger unit sizes, though
Penal legion squad in troops, different than ig codex entry
chimeras or valks as dt only, and only ig
Valk only dt, no vendetta option
Hellhounds in fast, same as ig, but not variants (Ed: ???)
Deathstrike launchers in heavy, same as ig...replacing orbital strike

Also, some weird dynamics in the ruleset if you have both inq and gk hq present. But details were not given.

(Ed: so from this batch it looks like inq is going to be viable, but I question really this more from a why standpoint. If gw did this, only the hq really separates it much from ig, but handicapped ig. Hope to see more soon once the nov nastiness ends. Damn de are blocking all my insight into the future...)

Cheers

Edit: penal legion troops are the fodder unit I was mentioning in the past, cause I know someone will ask."

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MJSwasey on Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:09 pm

I dont trust it at all. every other codex release had new units, new special rules etc. This sounds more like someonebody building a DH codex from other codexs, fan style. I call bs

MJSwasey
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DarkRonin on Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:02 pm

I can honestly see the Valkyrie and Deathstrike being added to an Inquisitor's arsenal, but why the Penal Legion? Why the Conscripts? It goes against the fluff of an Inquisitor. Sure they can take command of whole sectors, but why add so much from the IG Codex?

DarkRonin
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 554
Army : Grey Knights, Iron Knights, Salamanders, Thousand Sons, Mono-Tzeentch Daemons
Registration date : 2009-10-25

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 4:50 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top