Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday it is upon us brothers dow2

+3
Coyote
Klomster
Inquisitor Lord
7 posters

Go down

Friday it is upon us brothers dow2 Empty Friday it is upon us brothers dow2

Post by Inquisitor Lord Mon Feb 16, 2009 7:29 am

I've got my one orderd have ??????? plus loveing the beta all tho some very large in balances

Last edited by Snowfire on Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:59 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : The title is now correct.)
Inquisitor Lord
Inquisitor Lord
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 454
Army : 1st company pure grey Knights to the bone
Registration date : 2007-10-16

Grey knight
stats:

https://greyknights.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Friday it is upon us brothers dow2 Empty Re: Friday it is upon us brothers dow2

Post by Klomster Mon Feb 16, 2009 9:19 am

I downloaded the beta, and just when i was gonna play it....

*BONK!!!*
"-Your computer sucks, please get another one!"

That wasn't really the error message but it felt that way, so i can't play it.

Which sucks, i wanted to check if it was worth getting.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:40 am

hmmm havent played the beta but my buddy reserved and paid for a copy for me as a bday present
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 316
Location : Secret lair located underneath a volcano on a remote tropical island somewhere in the Pacific
Army : GK/IG
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:36 pm

Ummm...so...what's the scoop on DoW II? Any good? I'm just wondering if that's the reason the site has been so quiet lately. I'm a bit melancholy since DoW II is now officially the first game I'd like to have but my comp doesn't even meet the minimum requirements. Crying or Very sad Guess it's about time to start lookin' for a new one.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Coyote Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:51 pm

I haven't gotten far in the game, but so far it seems pretty good and the cinema is reallly good.
Coyote
Coyote
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 316
Location : Secret lair located underneath a volcano on a remote tropical island somewhere in the Pacific
Army : GK/IG
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrochrome669 Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:19 pm

Well I finished it last week... yeah i know, MEGA nerd... more like not enough sleep.

Well in brief, it is addictive, and the game play is nice except that I found the covering system a bit tedious. The graphics are really nice and I love blowing xenos to smithereens, but the game is soooooooooooooo repetitive. You pretty much have 50 "battles" in the campaign and they all happen on the same 10 maps. So after you play "get the big boss on the other side of the map" for the 4th or fifth time on the same map, you start to wonder if THQ couldn't have spared a bit more time to creating other maps. Maybe this is the feeling I got because I played too much all within a week, but I doubt my feelings would have changed otherwise... unless I only had one game every year.

Also when I think of Dawn of War I generally think epic carnage... Mayhem everywhere. Now the effects are really cool and everything can be blown up, BUT, and this is a HUge but, this game just does not feel like a battle, hell not even a skirmish. As through out the campaign the most you will ever use is a maximum of four units, none of which will have more than four men. Having said that those units are pretty awesome and they level up (hence the addictive nature). I absolutely loved my scouts (plus the leader of that team is such a bad *ss). Just the ability to sneak into a zone and take out the leading tyranid synapses and then watch the Nidz turn on one another... Nyark nyark nyark. Smile

I'm pretty sure that the best the game has to offer would be in the multiplayer mode. But that's the thing... I don't enjoy playing live against other real people. If I am to immerse myself into a virtual game it is to get away from reality... so I really don't need some 10 year old kid squealing with joy into my ear every time he whips my *ss.

None the less, the game is really addictive and I really enjoyed it. I cannot wait to for an expansion to come out... Especially if it holds Guardsmen and the ability to field more units within a campaign.
ferrochrome669
ferrochrome669
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 218
Army : Grey Knights & Imperial guards
Registration date : 2008-11-24

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisForce Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:48 pm

Actually, with so few units that game seems right up my alley. I enjoy RTS games but as soon as I reach a certain level of units my pea-brain loses control and spirals into a major spazepileptical fit. I think I can handle four units though.
NemesisForce
NemesisForce
Inquisitor
Inquisitor

Number of posts : 1945
Army : Grey Knight, Black Templar, Chaos Space Marine, Tau Empire
Registration date : 2008-02-07

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:52 am

NemesisForce wrote:Actually, with so few units that game seems right up my alley. I enjoy RTS games but as soon as I reach a certain level of units my pea-brain loses control and spirals into a major spazepileptical fit. I think I can handle four units though.

LOL!!! "spazepileptical fit", nice.
I am still not sure if I will buy the New DOW, I am not sure if I can afford the time commitment. School and life are busy this semester Sad

Your report Brother ferrochrome669, echoes what I have read on other sites, except most are fans of the on-line portion. That being said I can fully understand your reluctance to play Screeeeeeetching 10yr olds!!! LOL Very Happy

NF, Luckily, I do not suffer from the "spazepileptical fit" which accompanies lots of squads under my command. But I do get frustrated when said squads go and do their own thing when you are focused on units on the other side of the map Mad. I think the samll force side will definatly keep this in check.

It's funny Brother ferrochrome669 that you mentioned addiction (in a not funny sort of way) because I am actually writting a literary review of videogame addiction and if it is a valid concern or not. Interesting stuff Suspect

So I am still undecided........... I will just have to live vicariously through you my Brothers, and keep watching those You Tube Cinematic trailers! LOL.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrochrome669 Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:52 pm

NemesisForce wrote:Actually, with so few units that game seems right up my alley. I enjoy RTS games but as soon as I reach a certain level of units my pea-brain loses control and spirals into a major spazepileptical fit. I think I can handle four units though.

Hahaha....

Constatine wrote:It's funny Brother ferrochrome669 that you mentioned addiction (in a not funny sort of way) because I am actually writting a literary review of videogame addiction and if it is a valid concern or not. Interesting stuff

I think the addiction comes from level advancement. And I find that usually when I reach the level cap, I start loosing interest
ferrochrome669
ferrochrome669
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:09 am

Interesting that your writing that article brother Constantine, perhaps you'd be able to post the finished result here copyright allowing.

As with all things the most 'addictive' games are those that you can always continue playing in some 'new' way, hence why some mmorpg's are so successful and some downright suck (at least imo)
I haven't felt addiction to a non mmorpg for a long long time though :p
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:51 am

Ferrocrome669 wrote:I think the addiction comes from level advancement. And I find that usually when I reach the level cap, I start loosing interest
Zealadin wrote:Interesting that your writing that article brother Constantine, perhaps you'd be able to post the finished result here copyright allowing. As with all things the most 'addictive' games are those that you can always continue playing in some 'new' way, hence why some mmorpg's are so successful and some downright suck (at least imo)
I haven't felt addiction to a non mmorpg for a long long time though :p

LOL!!! I'm glad you have not felt "addicted" in a while.

You are right though. From most of the research that I have read it is the "investment" of time in a game (working towards level ups etc...), and "social Obligation" such as when you are in a clan or are held in high regard because of your skills by those you game with etc... that leads to the "addictive" symptoms. Interestingly enough, the gamers proneness to boredom (or PB as the authers like to call it) also plays a factor in succeptability to videogame addiction. Which was again very interesting that you said you lost interest once you had leveled out.
Technically there is no such thing (diagnostically speaking) as Video game addiction yet, all of the criteria are borrowed from those described in the DSMV-IV for gambling addiction. It is because gaming is a behaviour and not a substance that it is not yet acknowledged in the scientific community as addictive, that and a lack of unbiased research. Just give those scientific types time and they will get everything sorted tongue
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by ferrochrome669 Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:24 pm

,,,, waoh!

Funny though, a lot of things in life can be "addictive". I wonder how much has to do with compulsive disorders...

Also, from past research done, are their links from depression to being addicted to something?

Off topic much???? Razz
ferrochrome669
ferrochrome669
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:01 pm

I didn't say I'm not addicted!!!
I just said not to anything thats not a MMORPG Very Happy

I play WoW quite a lot with a group of (rl) friends and I know what you mean about the obligations.

I think it certainly will become a 'problem addiction' in the future if only because the world is such a depressing place if your really aware of it in a greater sense and alot of people find any escape particularly one where they can meet other people and be social a wonderful choice, add in a rewards system, rankings, and competition and people can have an interest divorced from rl
Zealadin
Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:42 pm

There are correlations between depression and addictions, and also with what is called Boredom Proneness (BP), but no causatory evidence as of yet.

But who knows, maybe DOW 2 players will be able to provide the evidence needed! LOL
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down