Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2k points semi competitive tournament

2 posters

Go down

2k points semi competitive tournament Empty 2k points semi competitive tournament

Post by jay170788 Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:52 pm

Hey everyone. I have finally come back to my first true love Grey Knight's. I collected an all metal Daemonhunters army many moons ago as my first 40k army and have just recently sold my Space Wolves to dive back into my favourite army in the fluff.

So to cut to the chase I have a tournament coming up in April that I need to build and paint a list for. This tournament will be competitive as all are but there will 99% likely not be any Necron's / Tau / Eldar or any strong Space Marine builds. I know for sure to face a beginner with a space marine army and a couple pro's running Death Korps and Tyranids, plus one potentially running KDK.

So this is my list, please c&c, trying to play competitive armies with less than competitive codexes:-

Grey Knight CAD

HQ
Librarian Lv. 3 (stave / Domina Liber Daemonica) - Warlord
Librarian Lv. 3 (stave)

Troops
Strike Squad x 5 (4 x sword, Justicar halberd)
Teminators x 10 (7 x halberd, 2 x psycannon and hammer, Justicar falchions)

Fast Attack
Interceptor x 5 (3 x sword, 1 x incinerator, Justicator halberd & teleport homer)
Interceptor x 5 (3 x sword, 1 x incinerator, Justicator halberd & teleport homer)

Heavy Support
Nemesis Dreadknight (hammer, incinerator, psycannon, personal teleporter)
Nemesis Dreadknight (hammer, incinerator, psycannon, personal teleporter)

Lord of War
Kaldor Draigo

Inquisition Allies

HQ
Ordo Malleus Inquisitor (carapace armour, ML 1, 1 x servo skull)

1,999 points

The list is essentially a deathstar with multiple very mobile units accompanying them. the games will be maelstrom so the small interceptor units will be golden here. Essentially all IC's go with the terminators. Inquisitor rolls on Divination for Prescience. The warlord rolls on Sanctic hoping for Sanctuary. Librarian rolls on telepathy, no guessing what I am hoping for here.

Then the terminators start on the board hoping to remain out of LOS. Then interceptors shunt around with Draigo Gating onto their teeport homers for deepstriking fun.

Am hoping with two NDK's, Draigobomb and minimum one interceptor squad in their deployment zones Turn 1 it should make for a strong alpha strike and the games will be over fairly quick one way or the other.

Have just been thinking and was wondering whether you guys thought the below was worth it.

Change the 7 halberds on the terminators to swords
Change the terminator justicar from falchions to halberd
Lose the servo skull on inqusitor
Gain psychotroke grenades on the Inquisitor (have to change from malleus to xenos but no issues there)
Gain Sword on one of the dreadknights
jay170788
jay170788
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 77
Army : GK & Fire Lords Marines
Registration date : 2011-10-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

2k points semi competitive tournament Empty Re: 2k points semi competitive tournament

Post by elugin Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:53 pm

jay170788 wrote: Librarian rolls on telepathy, no guessing what I am hoping for here.

So why do you take it? At least with Sanctic you can roll safer.

jay170788 wrote:
Lose the servo skull on inqusitor

I haven't been much in gaming of late and my style is rather different from yours (not a fan of deathstar), so my suggestion is start playing with this list and adjust it if needed. I am a fan of servo skulls, however, because I enjoy deepstrike, I would rather increase their number rather dropping the only one.
elugin
elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 368
Army : Gray Knights, Orks, Biel-Tan and the Court of the Young King, plus High Elves for Fantasy fans...
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down