Age of Sigmar Baddies.

:: Community

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Age of Sigmar Baddies.

Post by Constantine on Tue Dec 01, 2015 9:35 am

I know this isn't GK related OR even 40k for that matter!
But... these new releases are amazing IMHO.

Archaon:
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-CA/Archaon-The-Everchosen-2015?_requestid=3927954
New Chaos Knights:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2015/11/new-chaos-knights-battletome-everchosen-inbound.html

What are your thoughts brothers?

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5790
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Age of Sigmar Baddies.

Post by Klomster on Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:49 am

Meh.

Old Archaon was way cooler. And the new knights.
Meh.

All around meh, i know GW can do better than this. So i'm not impressed.

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4156
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:10 am

Lol!
Tough crowd Razz

I would even go as far as to say that you have unrealistic expectations Wink
Your STRONG dislike of GW may have blinded you Brother Shocked Razz

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:35 pm

I was just looking at the prices for all of these new goodies.
Is anyone else starting to feel that GW prices are pulling ahead of their budgets?

$200 for Archaon, $120 for three Knights of Ruin
I for one, and not sure that I can justify these prices any longer...

Which is why I am writing this.
Is this a lot of money, or am I just getting old and grumpy!? Razz
When I started the hobby back in Rogue Trader days, I was able to pick up a Space Marine for under 2 pounds!

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:32 am

Well, i compared them to the sigmarine lizard rider.

Or the new admech.

This doesn't hold the same quality. Those are wicked cool. Even if the sigmarines are stupid and i don't like them.

And yes, the prices are frankly getting ridiculous.
Sure, the Archaon is a massive model. But 120$ for 3 cavalry? How about no?
Oh, and.

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Dark Bjoern on Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:04 pm

Damn, right. With prices like that you can go for a complete FW army. And that´s exactly what i´m doing.

Dark Bjoern
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1617
Army : Mechanicum: Taghmata Mourndark and House Taranis
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Fri Dec 04, 2015 10:39 am

i agree with brother Klomster about the Old Archaon : without the fact that he was in metal i think that the Old Archaon had more style and coolness than the new one... More is not always styler ... if you know what i mean ! Evil or Very Mad Wink

But the new Chaos knights are very cool though ! they would have been superb if they were in white metal !! Twisted Evil Razz Razz

Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3638
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:55 pm

Lol! Better in metal? I didn't know you preferred metal! Razz

I am actually considering picking up a box of those Knights for a chess set project I have been thinking about for some time now.
I would give two Knights lances and shields to represent..... Yup, you guessed it! Knights! Razz
And do the third up to represent a "Queen"

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:52 pm

Constantine wrote:Lol! Better in metal? I didn't know you preferred metal! Razz

Wut? You missed Aubecs love of metal? But how?

Constantine wrote:
I am actually considering picking up a box of those Knights for a chess set project I have been thinking about for some time now.
I would give two Knights lances and shields to represent..... Yup, you guessed it! Knights! Razz

Knights!?!?! NO WAY *Gasp*

And for Archaon.

I mean come on? You don't beat that horse with a silly dragon wannabe.

Simply a badass model.
The new one looks like they made a dragon monster (which does have some good details) and put a lamer version of Archaon on it. He's just standing there doing nothing. Looks lame. Properly lame, like they didn't even try.

Edit: Oh, and i googled some old chaos knights. I like the old ones more.
I totally buy these as chosen knights, makes a lot of sense. All mutated and shit. But as regular chaos knights, nope.

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Fri Dec 04, 2015 9:43 pm

I'm not 100% but I think that they are "chosen" of sorts and not regular Chaos Knights.

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by elugin on Sat Dec 05, 2015 8:40 pm

Nice models but I agree, the previous Archaon model was better, that model really was the perfect example of the badaxx leader, now it's more of a ginormous monstrosity...

About the pricing, I recall someone (not remember where) saying that one of the good things of Age of Sigmar compared to Fantasy is that you need less models and it is cheaper...

elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 348
Army : Gray Knights, Orks, Biel-Tan and the Court of the Young King, plus High Elves for Fantasy fans...
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Sun Dec 06, 2015 8:19 am

I like the old Archaon too. But I really don't mind the new one. I am even going to challenge the apparent consensus in this thread and say that, wait for it....... I like the model!!!! affraid

The mount, Dar...? Is pretty cool and dynamic IMHO, I also think that Archaon is pretty cool and lord looking.

Just out of interest/curiosity...
When you say that the new  Archaon model "could be better", what "specifically" would improve the existing model?
I'm just interested in discussing customizations as opposed to comments like scrap it or bring back the old one Wink Razz

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by elugin on Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:15 pm

Archaon himself. As I said, the old model had a "leader" pose, this one is just a superwarrior. Also, the new monsterbeast is so large that Archaon loses his role as focal point, as should be for one of the main characters of the whole Warhammer universe. When you look at it, you see a character on a large monster, non the Chosen of Chaos.

That said, I am not saying that the new model is bad, quite the opposite (still, at that price, I don't even look at it, I wonder if they make you pay just for looking at it...)

elugin
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 348
Army : Gray Knights, Orks, Biel-Tan and the Court of the Young King, plus High Elves for Fantasy fans...
Registration date : 2008-10-08

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:56 pm

Come on this new model is absolutly unreadable !! Evil or Very Mad affraid
- i can't make the difference between the 3 Nightmare-Dragon's heads ... where one ends and where the other begins... i don't really know if it's an effect of the painting or the sculpting, though ...
- Same with the Archaon's body... knowing where does it begins and ends is nearly impossible !
- and his horns !! affraid affraid ... come on !! he's surely compensating something !! Twisted Evil Razz
- the painting is not helping i must admit ! it's nearly the rainbow flag !! Razz affraid affraid Razz Razz
Aubec pirat

Last edited by Aubec le noir on Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:19 am; edited 2 times in total

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3638
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:45 pm

What if Archaon's sword arm was reposed to be the same as the original? Would that make him look more the part in your eyes?

LARGE mounts are a dime a dozen amongst the Chaos followers these days so it makes sense that Archaon's trusted steed receive a power up Wink

I agree with you Brother Aubec that those horns a little much! Shocked
But I think the mount is very well done. I like the fluff behind the transformation too.

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:33 pm

The chaos beast is a bit too large as elugin so professionally noted.

The monster also looks like it's the important part of this model.
Something that could be done, is to rein the monster, having Archaon really have it at his mercy.
With him really tugging the reins with his shield arm, stomping down upon the central heads neck, and pointing the sword at the doomed peons at his feet, looking down upon them as the everchosen he is.

Perhaps even one of the heads fearfully looking upon Archaon to enhance the effect.

The model does have nice details, a lot in fact..... too many to be frank.
It's just things everywhere, and that simply looks crap.

Also, what's up with Archaon dissing the slaneeshi ways?
Which is another problem. The gods granting one head each? Yeah right. It looks strange and is not cool.
And the thing is it's just the heads, then it's just a generic monster. That looks weird to me.

And i don't like his shield.

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Mon Dec 07, 2015 5:03 pm

I think that Dorghar (his mount) being as large as it is, is how GW has chosen to show Archaon's power and importance, For who else could command such a mighty beast other than Archaon?!

Here is GW's description of Dorghar:
"Though once a lesser Daemon, Dorghar has grown in power and stature just like his master, a pair of huge, leathery wings erupting from his back. He now also has three heads, reflecting the three Chaos champions sent to slay Archaon, and whose broken corpses were subsequently eaten by Dorghar." retrieved from:
http://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/What's-New-Today-from-the-White-Dwarf-Team/2015/11/24/Archaon-Exalted-Grand-Marshal-of-the-Apocalypse

I actually think this is pretty cool!

I like your ideas in regards to making Dorghar look more "subjugated" brother K, but personally I envision Archaon's presence being enough to keep the beast in check, AND they have spent centuries together, so I believe that they have a shared purpose and do not have any reason to quarrel.

As for Archaon himself... I agree that the helmet horns are too big, but in regards to positioning... The only realistic change I could see would be in the positioning of his sword arm. Other than that, I think he is good.
I really haven't seen any other models GW or otherwise that have blown me away with the positioning of riders, after all, unless you are in a wild west show you just sit in the saddle.

As usual, it seems to come down to personal opinion.
I really do appreciate that we can have such strong differences of opinion and still talk about it Very Happy

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Tue Dec 08, 2015 2:46 am

It's good that we can all have a civilized discussion and still be happy afterwards.

You are still wrong, but that's another matter.

Spoiler:
Razz

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Tue Dec 08, 2015 11:39 am

Rolling Eyes

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 5:43 am

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top