Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mordrack's great Brotherhood.

4 posters

Go down

Mordrack's great Brotherhood.  Empty Mordrack's great Brotherhood.

Post by Constantine Sun Mar 15, 2015 5:19 pm

Mordrack's great Brotherhood.  Grandmaster_colored_by_majesticchicken-d41o5bw

As we all know, Mordrack and his ghost Knights have been killed off in the latest rendition of the GK codex.
After initially abandoning my chosen GK GM hero, and grieving his loss, I have decided to resurrect him in my own force.
I like that he is "coming back from the dead" so to speak. Very fitting don't you think?

I will be using this thread to build up my personal Mordrack fluff. What happened to him on that fateful day, and how he came to acquire and wield his unique "hammer"

I am also going to work the ghost Knights, or at least a representation of those lost to Huron's cowardly attack, back into the picture. I know that they can't be used in the game anymore. But... Dread Knights can. As such, I am going to fluff out how a dash of Eldar technology (spirit stones), mixed with a Dread Knight, and a splash of imagination can lead to the the imperium's version of a Wraith Knight, and can ensure that Mordrack is never without his ghostly companions. As I am writing this I also thought that I could slap a spirit stone on some terminator armour to represent the lost, like a wraith guard!
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Mordrack's great Brotherhood.  Empty Re: Mordrack's great Brotherhood.

Post by Thunder Shark Sun Mar 15, 2015 6:08 pm

Go ahead.

For the ghost knight you could do "counts as" paladins maybe paint them ghostly and give a stone.

Being the admiral of the fleet(from new codex) he might have to deal with Eldar not than the other brotherhoods.

For a fluff prompt how the BLEEP did the inquisition and AM even allow the for lack of a better term Imperial Wraith Knight.

Also what will you use for the stones?

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 376
Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:47 pm

I think that I am going to use GS to sculpt the spirit stones onto my already black painted GKTs, then the rest of the force will be traditionally painted with silver armour. That should distinguish them enough. May also make the Dread Knight black aswell. This way the black armour represents the the ghost brothers, which will essentially be empty armour powered by the spirits of the dead. That, and it allows me to use the old school theme of black armour with silver hands that I love.

I like the "flufstification" of Mordrack having more contact with the Eldar through his position as Master of the Fleet. Thanks.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Sun Mar 15, 2015 7:53 pm

I like black as a color. Sure the sliver scheme to imply lack of paint as nice but a break like black is also good.

Use GS if you want(It's your model) but a clear stone like a glass gem could work to.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Mon Mar 16, 2015 4:46 am

excllent idea brother !
please go ahead and keep it posted so that we can help with our ideas as well ! Wink
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:00 am

I never got a full grasp of that Mordrak fellow, he never appeared as having bad fluff to me though.

So how to make it interesting?

During a pitched battle against forces of chaos, Mordrak led a force of his grey knight brethren. He and his ghost knights was forcing an entry through a collapsed wall on the east flank, trying to open up for his forces to charge the main chaos force within the fortress.

The battle was grim, many brethren had died and the chaos force was holding firm. Deamons heretics and chaos marines making sure of that.
Not to mention a huge keeper of secrets was personally attacking Mordrak, ruining his plan.

But, seemingly from nowhere a rift in the sky appears and wave serpents, accompanied by two fire prisms descend from the heavens, at least a dozen, raining fire from above.
Why the eldar had arrived was as always a mystery, but when fighting against the deamonic, grey knights care little in the moment of how the enemy was destroyed, as long as the deamonic is annihilated and the threat of corruption and taint is removed.

The eldar assaulted the main gate of the fortress, while their leader had the same plan as Mordrak, attacking the seemingly vulnerable flank.
But far to late, the Autarch notice the keeper of secrets, and it grabs the Autarch and starts sucking the life-force out of him.

Mordrak seeing this first hand charges the vile greater deamon, while glorious at first, deamons care little for honour and as such quickly stabs its massive sword into Mordraks chest, keeping the poor grey knight impaled for the simple pleasure of that moment.
Mordrak dropped his hammer, feeling his life seep away from him, he was sure to not leave this world without taking out at least one more deamon.
Mordrak grasped the hilt of the massive deamon blade, dragged it further into himself with a roar, and unleashed psychic lightning dancing up the arm of the greater deamon.

This didn't hurt the greater deamon much, but it was surprised by the sudden attack and dropped its weapon, and its concentration of the Autarch.
The eldar seeing his chance, managed to release his sword arm and struck the keeper of secrets in the hand holding him.
This made the deamon loose its grip entirely, but after a flurry of attacks from the Autarch, the deamon simply laughed, its glee was obvious and the massive deamon grasped the Autarchs arm, renewing its spirit devouring attack.

That's when the fire prism ran straight into it.
The massive impact sent the Autarch flying, the deamon was nailed to a wall impaled on one of the wings of the eldar vehicle, it hollered and grasped, ripping massive holes in the fuselage of the fire prisms body.
But it couldn't reach its charging weapon, and with a massive discharge the point blank shot sent the greater deamon straight back into the warp with a screech.

The Autarch noticed the battle was over, the siege had gone exceptionally well on the main gate, when much attention from the chaos forces had been divided to fight the combined bodyguards of two forces commanders.
The Autarch also noticed the impaled grand master Mordrak, lying slumped to the ground, the massive sword just beginning to disintegrate in pink speckles of warp energy.

The eldar had gotten what they came for, and was already transporting their empty spirit stone cargo out from the facility.
The Autarch felt pity for Mordrak, the Mon'Keigh had saved his life, and his eternal soul from the grasp of Slaneesh.
So he ordered a warlock to imbue his spirit within a soul stone.

Some of the grey knights saw this in the distance, and ran to save their commander from the eldars witchery, but they were to late.
As they arrived, the Autarch spoke, it echoed over the scene.

-"Take that gem, and place it within a construct befit his prowess. For i have saved him, when his body could not be saved, i saved his soul. Just like he saved mine."

With that the eldar left the area, flying off and soon disappearing as quickly as they came.
After returning, the grey knights told one of their librarians of the event.
The whole idea was subject to great discussions, and Mordrak was to be destroyed, when the librarian from before entered the room with the spirit stone in question.

-"While i do not understand the workings of this xeno bauble, i do know that inside, i feel the same purity and the same ferocity of a battle brother i knew. That is Mordrak, and he desires to fight once more!" He spoke. Shocking the others gathered.

From the gathering, one of the grand masters stepped forth. It was grand master Constantine Grimmblade.
-"I will watch over him. Mordrak was a friend of mine in life, so i will not abandon him if there is a chance for him to fight anew. And if you fear the eldar has tampered with his spirit. I take personal responsibility to ensure that cannot harm us if it proves to be true." His voice was determined. And the others knew that Grimmblade was stout and pure.
It was desided, Grimmblade was to look over the fallen knight, ensuring he would never harm anyone.... apart from their enemies of course.

It seemed the spirit had not been tampered with, and only Mordraks body had been destroyed.
Since the body is needed for a dreadnought sarcophagus, something else was needed.
One of the chapters dreadknights was to be repurposed. Redesigned to hold the spirit stone within its hull. Like a beating heart.

And as such, Mordrak was reborn. He had lost much of his perception of the present, but was non-the-less, Mordrak.
And with Constantine at his side, they would fight many more foes of the imperium, together.

Something like that. I just pulled it out from my behind so it can obviously be improved.
This doesn't take the ghost knights into account, but the old fluff works well for them i suppose.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:18 am

Wow!
I am at work so can't reply appropriately to your very thoughtful and creative post. But, thank you!

What an awesome story!!!
For my fluff, Mordrack is alive. I will stay true to that GW fluff, but I definitely love what you have shared. I will definitely be incorporating elements of your take into my fluff.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 16, 2015 3:35 pm

I am presently invisioning Mordrak and his retinue in silver armour being flanked by his ghost Knights in their animated black armour.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Mon Mar 16, 2015 7:48 pm

Maybe they could have Red Corsair helmets as trophies.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:17 pm

As the fusion bombs from Huron's fleet began to rain down onto the surface of Mortain, Mordrack was giving praise to the Emperor, and collecting his thoughts in preparation for his next mission. He had located a shrine of the Aquila that had impossibly remained unspoiled by the traitorous space marines that he and his brothers had routed just hours before. He was just about to give his orders when the attack began.

Such was the fury of the attack that Mordrack was unable to respond to the orbital threat. The last thing Mordrack heard were the defiant shouts of his dying brothers, the last thing he saw was the immense Aquila of the building collapsing onto him as if the giant raptor were  claiming his life as if it were that of its prey.

When Mordrack came to, it was to an absolute darkness that even his enhanced vision could not pierce. As his suits systems gradually rebooted and powered up following the fusion bombs circuit frying affect he was able to survey his clostraphobic situation. The Aquila had fallen in such a way that it shielded him from the tonnes of rocrete that had followed it on top of him.

Mordrack began the arduous task of extracting himself from the ruined building, even his prodigious strength enhanced by the sacred terminator armour that he wore was not enough to make short work of his ascension. Despite Mordrack's comms being down he could hear the angry voices of his men urging him to keep working on extracting himself from the rubble and avenge them.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Tue Mar 17, 2015 3:47 pm

I am definitely not as talented as many of you when it comes to creative writing brothers, so I welcome your feedback and suggestions as I move forward with the fluff.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Wed Mar 18, 2015 7:45 am

It's not that bad.

Waiting for the next part.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down