Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Vengeful Dead - Unbound gimmick list (1500)

2 posters

Go down

The Vengeful Dead - Unbound gimmick list (1500) Empty The Vengeful Dead - Unbound gimmick list (1500)

Post by Diggory Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:26 am

Hi Chaps

I had a thought for a joke/fun/gimmick list I would like to run sometime. I'll be honest and say it isn't strictly a GK list but it includes a couple GK guys and this forum seems like a good place to get feedback on fun list.

The concept - The Vengeful Dead - A Dreadnought army, comprised of multiple Imperial factions. I freaking love dreadnoughts! Razz

This list is very unbound. 1500 points. Obviously I am not looking to make this list really competitive, but any advice on making certain parts of it better would be appreciated.

Faction 1 - Space Wolves
Bjorn the Fell Handed - Plasma Cannon, Warlord
Venerable Dreadnought - Blizzard Shield, Feresian Greataxe, Smoke Launchers
Venerable Dreadnought - Blizzard Shield, Feresian Greataxe, Smoke Launchers
Murderfang

Faction 2 - Blood Angels
Librarian Dreadnought - ML2, Heavy Flamer
Librarian Dreadnought - ML2, Heavy Flamer
Death Company Dreadnought - Blood Talons, Meltagun, Heavy Flamer

Faction 3 - Grey Knights
Dreadnought - TL Lascannon, Missile Launcher
Dreadnought - TL Lascannon, Missile Launcher

~~~1500~~~

I hope I covered most bases. Obviously flyers would cause me bother but not much I can do about that. I thought I would pick GK dreads for the gun platforms as technically anyone could do it but GK ones give me a couple extra psy dice for the libby dreads. Plus I don't think I could get away posting it here without some GK guff.  Razz

Thoughts?
Diggory
Diggory
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Army : GK
Registration date : 2015-02-17

Back to top Go down

The Vengeful Dead - Unbound gimmick list (1500) Empty Re: The Vengeful Dead - Unbound gimmick list (1500)

Post by Constantine Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:25 pm

Not sure I can provide any feedback really.....
Perhaps if the dreads were all from one chapter it would be easier to critique.  It's just very....random, as it presently stands.

The Ultramarines used lots of dreads in a bait and flee strategy while defending McCragg. There is a BA successor chapter that fielded 3 or 4 dreads in a surgical strike... Outside of these examples I can't really think of other situations in which so many dreads were fielded. It would have to be an epic battle indeed to draw such resources.... A huge invasion, or colossal offensive... Try to think of some fluff and perhaps that will help you with the list.

An example may be that the dreads are all members of the death watch and are deployed to eradicate a particularly threatening xenos force. Like I said, it needs to have more depth to it IMHO.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down