Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knight Nemesis Strike Force v1 (1850pts)

+4
Asahiro
Constantine
SteelTitan
shadow
8 posters

Go down

Grey Knight Nemesis Strike Force v1 (1850pts) Empty Grey Knight Nemesis Strike Force v1 (1850pts)

Post by shadow Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:09 am

Hi Brothers,

Thought I'd share the list I'm currently working on:

Grey Knights: Codex (2014) (Nemesis Strike Force) Selections:

+ HQ +

* Librarian
       Combi-melta, Domina Liber Daemonica, Frag, Krak and Psyk-out grenades, Nemesis warding stave, Psychic Hood, Psyker [ML 3]

* Librarian (Warlord)
       Cuirass of Sacrifice, Frag, Krak and Psyk-out grenades, Nemesis warding stave, Psychic Hood, Psyker [ML 3], Storm bolter

+ Elites +

* 5x Paladin Squad
       * 1x Apothecary (Narthecium, Halberd)
       * 1x Paladin (Halberd)
       * 1x Paladin (Hammer)
       * 1x Paladin (Psycannon, Halberd)
       * 1x Paladin (Incinerator, Halberd)

+ Troops +

* x10 Terminator Squad
       * 5x Terminator (halberd)
       * 2x Terminator (hammer)
       * 2x Terminator (psycannon)
       * 1x Terminator Justicar (halberd)

+ Fast Attack +

* Stormraven Gunship
       Ceramite Plating, 4x Stormstrike missile, Twin-linked assault cannon, Twin-linked multi-melta

* Stormraven Gunship
       Ceramite Plating, 4x Stormstrike missile, Twin-linked assault cannon, Twin-linked multi-melta

+ Heavy Support +

* Nemesis Dreadknight
       Heavy Incinerator, Nemesis greatsword and power fist, Personal teleporter.

* Nemesis Dreadknight
       Heavy Incinerator, Nemesis greatsword and power fist, Personal teleporter.

Total= 1850pts

So the idea with the Libbys is to get Gate of Infinity ( should be able to roll 7 times on Sanctic if needed and maybe a 6 on warlord traits) and put one with the Termies and the other with the Palladins.

The Detachement rule is to get the Ravens on hopefully 1st turn (they will be empty most of the time but could split the Termies and put 5 in each but not keen on this idea as that leaves potential to get wiped out on turn 1) and worst case scenario, I would put the Paladdins in reserve also ( if I don't get Gate of Infinity).

The list is very light on the ground but but that does give me 24 Wounds T4 2+/5++ (potentially 4++ and 12 Wounds also have Feel No Pain not including the "it will not die" and "Feel no Pain" from the Cuirass of Sacrifice) and 8 Wounds T6 2+/5++ (potentially 4++).

Please dissect/critic etc...
shadow
shadow
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 224
Registration date : 2011-03-12

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight Nemesis Strike Force v1 (1850pts) Empty Re: Grey Knight Nemesis Strike Force v1 (1850pts)

Post by SteelTitan Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Its too bad none of the experts have shared their view on your take on the strike force. To me, it looks like an interesting list and a step away from draigowing which I might consider.

Have you had the chance to play with it already or experiences to share?

SteelTitan
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Grey Knight Nemesis Strike Force v1 (1850pts) Empty Re: Grey Knight Nemesis Strike Force v1 (1850pts)

Post by Constantine Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:42 pm

I like the look of this list. It is well rounded and true to the elite nature of the knights. I am interested to her how it performs. I would also love to see some pics of the strike force.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Asahiro Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:59 am

Hail Brother Shadow,

Nice list. Fast and hard hitting.. However, how do you manage to bring stormravens on turn 1? Normally, they can´t teleport/deep strike Shocked .. they are just arriving from reserves and therefore they are not subject to "Rites of Teleportation" of NSF detachment..

Thanks for advice..

Asahiro.

Asahiro
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:05 am

would like to see some points values for the list but looks pretty hard hitting. I agree that im wondering how you get the stormravens on turn 1. have to have half army in reserve only, not sure if that's changed with new rulebook...
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:08 pm

you cannot get the stormravens on turn 1. only deepstrike reserves have the ability to arrive on turn 1. Stormravens (as any other flyer now) cannot deepstrike.

considering you put the librarians in the units you only have to have 2 units on the board (flyers do not count towards the 50% reserve rule)
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Mon Oct 06, 2014 7:27 am

AFAIK 7th has eliminated the 50% reserve rule. Now you can go all reserves and hope for the best at the end of turn 1 (game turn, not player turn).
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Tue Oct 07, 2014 3:25 am

HOORAY!!! Stormraven/Deepstrike army lists here we go! WELCOME BACK 5th EDITION BLOOD ANGELS AND GREY KNIGHTS UBER DEEP STRIKE LISTS!!
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SteelTitan Wed Oct 08, 2014 10:49 am

I want to run a similar list but with a Libby less and with Draigo.

Also i would want to run 10 paladins and 5 terminators (mandatory troop choice) but i dont know how to make the Termis useful without overspending on something i dont really want.

The 5 pally/10 termi split is a bit more practical that way because both pack a punch...but again, I want my big pally unit.

This with two dreadknights which also doesnt leave points for a raven.

What do u think?

SteelTitan
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Thu Oct 09, 2014 2:37 am

I'd say see what works best. try a big pally unit in one game and one with termies.
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:07 am

Has anyone tried running terminators naked? 165 is really cheap and S4 shooting / S5/7 - AP3 assault with either obsec or T1 deepstrike on a 2+ / 5++ platform is good for a mandatory unit.

Librarian

Librarian

5 terminators

5 terminators

Stormraven

Stormraven

Dreadknight (all as armed in original list)

Dreadknight

Dreadknight

Dreadknight
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Fri Oct 10, 2014 1:24 am

Actually not armed as original list.

Hammer / heavy incin / heavy psycannon / personal teleporter on all 4 Dreadknight's
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Fri Oct 10, 2014 6:40 am

I don't see a place for SR in the Nemesis Strike Force. This formation is all about hitting as hard as you can turn one. After that you need to survive the return salvo from your opponent.The SR is a support piece, but we need all the support we can get Turn 1. Those can be used elsewhere. Allies perhaps?
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Fri Oct 10, 2014 11:20 am

I agree with donfer. But not just about SR's; reserves in general. Ideally I want 5 turns of shooting / objective grabbing / psychic shenanigans and 4 turns of combat out of every unit in my army and if my opponent doesn't manage this from her army I will inflict more damage and I fancy myself to win.

I try to put as few points into reserves as possible - those that are I keep there for objective grabbing with worthless units (3 man henchmen / 3 man jetbikes) or only out bad luck like terminators who fail there T1 deepstrike,

DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down