1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

View previous topic View next topic Go down

1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by DOMIN4TRIX on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:42 am

Opening gambit with the new codex... let me know what you think

Librarian

5 Terminators / psycannon / hammer

5 Interceptors / incinerator / teleporter homer

Dreadknight / heavy psycannon / personal teleporter / hammer

Dreadknight / heavy psycannon / personal teleporter / hammer

Librarian

5 Terminators / psycannon / hammer

5 Interceptors / incinerator / teleporter homer

Dreadknight / heavy psycannon / personal teleporter / hammer

Dreadknight / heavy psycannon / personal teleporter / hammer

Callidus Assassin

DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Age : 34
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by DOMIN4TRIX on Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:45 am

Another potential 1850 list, also with 4 knights - there might be a theme here!

GK primary CAD / Eldar allies

Librarian lvl 3

2 x 5 Terminators / hammer / psycannon

3 x Dreadknights / personal teleporter / heavy incinerator / heavy psycannon / hammer

Spiritseer

5 x Wraithguard / D-scythe's
Wave Serpent / holo-field

Wraithknight

DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Age : 34
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by Asahiro on Mon Sep 15, 2014 6:24 am

As pure GK player I definitely like more army list no. one, Iīve never trusted xenos filth.. even long dead ones:D  - however, I still see some weaknesses -

Drop teleport homers on interceptors, in my opinion, they are useless for your units since they wonīt support your First Striking units on turn one (to be functional - you must have them on board at beginning of your turn, when your reserves are arriving and since deep striking is mandatory 1st step prior movement,  it means that your FS units wonīt scatter on your edge of table in turn 1. But I guess that you want them to deepstrike close to enemy, no?). If reserves donīt arrive on turn one, donīt expect your interceptors to survive turn 1 close to enemy - they are too easy target for your opponent for the first blood VP.

Iīm also suggesting to drop callidus assassin since it is just one man and he will never impact your opponent in serious manner for its cost.

For gained points install one unit of 5 men purifiers with 2 incinerators as well as heavy incinerators on your NDK (at least two of them).. Put libby lvl 3 (sanctic) to purifiers and hope for GoI. By this, youīll gain additional 5 WC starting turn 1 from this one particular unit - keep them save and hidden from enemies. If you have this one purifierīs unit with libby with GoI than you may potentially utilize one teleport homer on one unit of interceptors to precise the GoI jump since psychic phase is after moving phase - however for me it is too many "if"s to make it practical and 10pts is a lot:D

Good luck, brother.

Asahiro
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Age : 31
Registration date : 2012-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by Thunder Shark on Mon Sep 15, 2014 10:04 am

DOMIN4TRIX wrote:Another potential 1850 list, also with 4 knights - there might be a theme here!

GK primary CAD / Eldar allies

Librarian lvl 3

2 x 5 Terminators / hammer / psycannon

3 x Dreadknights / personal teleporter / heavy incinerator / heavy psycannon / hammer

Spiritseer

5 x Wraithguard / D-scythe's
Wave Serpent / holo-field

Wraithknight


I don't play eldar so I can't give feedback on them. But as for your grey knights having a lvl 3 is always smart unless a player runs out of points since it boost there psychic power. Terminators with hammers and psycannons are always a great pick.

What's the story behind the list?

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 367
Age : 23
Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by DOMIN4TRIX on Mon Sep 15, 2014 12:40 pm

Thanks for your input guys

@ Asahiro - the plan with the teleporter homers:

Start the Interceptors on the board and use their 30" shunt to give the Terminators a safe drop right in the enemy's face. They will be accompanied by 4 Dreadknight's so whilst fragile should be down the target priority order.

When added into this 4 Dreadknight / 10 interceptor and probably 2 Librarian and 10 Terminator rush a Callidus is just another nuisance. I would start her an inch away from a longfang / broadside type of unit and distract them with an AP2 flamer and the certainty of a T2 charge should they ignore and shoot the rest of the army. Besides, I get a re-roll on seize the initiative and she is shot at BS1 on her first turn on the table.

@ Thunder Shark

No story behind the list just that my bro plays Eldar and those are the units I hate playing against the most so - I'm not sure how many of you have faced Wraithknights / Wave Serpents / D-scythe Wraithguard but they are all brutal and tough to kill. I would love to see a drop pod army try and alpha strike this lot - they would get toasted.

The plan here is to send 3 Dreadknights all together in a posse to harass one flank whilst the Wraithknight covers the Terminators and Serpent / Guard as they grab some objectives.

Besides, between us we have the models to make it (albeit metal Wraithguard with the other guns)

DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Age : 34
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by Asahiro on Mon Sep 15, 2014 1:33 pm

DOMIN4TRIX wrote:Thanks for your input guys

@ Asahiro - the plan with the teleporter homers:

Start the Interceptors on the board and use their 30" shunt to give the Terminators a safe drop right in the enemy's face. They will be accompanied by 4 Dreadknight's so whilst fragile should be down the target priority order.

When added into this 4 Dreadknight / 10 interceptor and probably 2 Librarian and 10 Terminator rush a Callidus is just another nuisance. I would start her an inch away from a longfang / broadside type of unit and distract them with an AP2 flamer and the certainty of a T2 charge should they ignore and shoot the rest of the army. Besides, I get a re-roll on seize the initiative and she is shot at BS1 on her first turn on the table.

@ Thunder Shark

No story behind the list just that my bro plays Eldar and those are the units I hate playing against the most so - I'm not sure how many of you have faced Wraithknights / Wave Serpents / D-scythe Wraithguard but they are all brutal and tough to kill. I would love to see a drop pod army try and alpha strike this lot - they would get toasted.

The plan here is to send 3 Dreadknights all together in a posse to harass one flank whilst the Wraithknight covers the Terminators and Serpent / Guard as they grab some objectives.

Besides, between us we have the models to make it (albeit metal Wraithguard with the other guns)

Brother Domin4trix, I see your point and sounds as nice tactic - especially with NDK flank attack. However, according rules for teleport homers, teleport homers canīt be used after shunting your interceptors during 1st turn since deep striking from reserves must be done prior to movement phase of interceptors and therefore your termies will deep strike safely only to the starting position of your interceptors - unless you count that termies will arrive during turn 2 and later - but then why to use 2 NFS detachments instead of combination CAD and NFS.. am I missing something? Embarassed .. you can have 5 NDK instead of 4 and still have objective secure rule for your troops..

Asahiro
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Age : 31
Registration date : 2012-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by Thunder Shark on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:02 pm

DOMIN4TRIX wrote:


@ Thunder Shark

No story behind the list just that my bro plays Eldar and those are the units I hate playing against the most so - I'm not sure how many of you have faced Wraithknights / Wave Serpents / D-scythe Wraithguard but they are all brutal and tough to kill. I would love to see a drop pod army try and alpha strike this lot - they would get toasted.

The plan here is to send 3 Dreadknights all together in a posse to harass one flank whilst the Wraithknight covers the Terminators and Serpent / Guard as they grab some objectives.

Besides, between us we have the models to make it (albeit metal Wraithguard with the other guns)

We're Happy to give input!!

Anyway I do agree the the Wraithknights are quite hard to kill. They have caused me lots of trouble.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 367
Age : 23
Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by DOMIN4TRIX on Mon Sep 15, 2014 2:25 pm

Asahiro wrote:
Brother Domin4trix, I see your point and sounds as nice tactic - especially with NDK flank attack. However, according rules for teleport homers, teleport homers canīt be used after shunting your interceptors during 1st turn since deep striking from reserves must be done prior to movement phase of interceptors and therefore your termies will deep strike safely only to the starting position of your interceptors - unless you count that termies will arrive during turn 2 and later - but then why to use 2 NFS detachments instead of combination CAD and NFS.. am I missing something? Embarassed  .. you can have 5 NDK instead of 4 and still have objective secure rule for your troops..

You could well be right brother, I know you have to roll for reserves at the start of the turn but assumed you could deploy in any order in your movement phase - It's not a tactic i've yet used since I don't like deepstrike armies and my terminators came in on T3 last game where I tried out this list. I prefer everything on the table from the off giving the opponent more scope to screw up with target selection and meaning I don't turn up piece meal.

I'll go back and re-read the rules for deep strike reserves, but yeah - if that's illegal then there is no point having homers on the interceptors - this is why I post on here to learn where i've gone wrong Smile

Thanks for the input both of you - always appreciated

DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Age : 34
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by Asahiro on Mon Sep 15, 2014 3:15 pm

[quote="DOMIN4TRIX"]
Asahiro wrote:

I'll go back and re-read the rules for deep strike reserves, but yeah - if that's illegal then there is no point having homers on the interceptors - this is why I post on here to learn where i've gone wrong Smile

Thanks for the input both of you - always appreciated

So I have checked the rules and its is clearly stated on page 135 of RB that units arriving from reserves must be placed on table (if successfully rolled for) prior you can move with other units on table. However, if you use GoI spell it is completely different story since, this movement is done during psychic phase using deep strike rules Laughing  Laughing ..

Asahiro
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Age : 31
Registration date : 2012-04-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by DOMIN4TRIX on Mon Sep 15, 2014 4:04 pm

Thanks for clarifying - there goes that idea!

Back to the drawing board Smile

DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Age : 34
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by DOMIN4TRIX on Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:44 pm

Grey Knights / Iron Hands / 1850

GK: (Nemesis Strike Force)

Librarian / Fury of Deimos / sword
Joins the Terminators. This wargear because I want to use these two legion praetors as my HQ models in this army:

http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/The_Horus_Heresy/Legiones_Astartes/Space_Marine_Legion_Army_List/Legion_HQ/LEGION_PRAETORS.html


5 Terminators / hammer / psycannon
Hopefully T1 Deepstike

Dreadknight / personal teleporter / heavy psycannon / heavy incinerator / hammer
The Swiss army knife - nothing they can't kill

Dreadknight / personal teleporter / heavy psycannon / heavy incinerator / hammer
Obviously I need two of these!

IH CAD: (FNP 6+ / HQ's and Vehicles get IWND)

Librarian
To roll with the Centurions in the Land Raider (FNP 6+ / IWND)

5 Scouts / teleporter homer
ObSec and homing the Terminators in (FNP 6+)

5 Scouts / teleporter homer

3 Devastator Centurions / grav-cannons / grav-amps
To deal with any MC's / where I need AP2 (FNP 6+)

Land Raider Redeemer / Multi-melta (dedicated transport)
The flamestorm's will help against horde armies as I have a low model count, capacity big enough for both Librarians to join the Centurions should I wish (IWND)

Mortis Contemptor Dreadnought / 2 x TL autocannons / cyclone missile launcher
Solid all round shooting at 48" and a credible anti-air threat without needing an airforce, besides, my contemptor psyfleman dreads are sitting on the shelf unloved - add some cyclones and carry on!

Mortis Contemptor Dreadnought / 2 x TL autocannons / cyclone missile launcher
AV13 / IWND and an invulnerable save that synergies with sanctuary also make them reasonably tough

DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Age : 34
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by DonFer on Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:44 pm

Nice List Brother! I however, would drop the Land Raider and use those points to buff your IH Librarian or get another one for your GK. Horde control you've got via NDKs and Cleansing Flame so if you get both, you'll be set for the entire game.
As a suggestion you can consider the Strom Talons instead of the Dreads, they're around the same points level and they are great for board/flier control.




DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Age : 41
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by DOMIN4TRIX on Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:21 pm

Good point on the Storm Talons - I'm in the minority that actually likes the model and I like the missiles they come with. The reason I went with Contemptors is two fold

1. I dislike having models in reserve - The more turns all my units are on the table the more damage I can wreak and the more decisions with target priority I force for my opponent.

2. I have contemptors and don't have storm talons Sad yet! - those and Centurions are definitely on my hit-list

DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Age : 34
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by DonFer on Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:55 am

Well I too like the Stormtalon design, so that makes us two! As for its inclusion, yeah I see where you're coming from and agree. GK need the firepower early on, in order to survive with our low body count. I think that the Cyclone ML is a great choice. So much hurt in one Dread...

Let us know how the list plays!

DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Age : 41
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by DOMIN4TRIX on Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:12 am

Another list designed for tournament maelstrom play (and to make opponents wet themselves at deployment!)

Eldar Primary / Grey Knight Nemesis Detachment Secondary

Farseer / Mantle of the Laughing God, Singing Spear, Jetbike, Runes of Warding (Warlord)

3 x Jetbikes

3 x Jetbikes

3 x Jetbikes

Wraithknight / Heavy Wraithcannon

Wraithknight / Heavy Wraithcannon

Wraithknight / Suncannon, Shield, Scatter Laser

Librarian

5 x Terminators / Psycannon, Daemon Hammer

Dreadknight / Personal Teleporter, Heavy Psycannon, Heavy Incinerator, Daemon Hammer

Dreadknight / Personal Teleporter, Heavy Psycannon, Heavy Incinerator, Daemon Hammer

1848 pts

DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Age : 34
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: 1850 Twin Detachment // New Formation

Post by Sponsored content Today at 7:52 pm


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum