Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1850 Mordrak Bomb

3 posters

Go down

1850 Mordrak Bomb Empty 1850 Mordrak Bomb

Post by volvoe Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:02 pm

It's been a long time since I posted anything or done anything hobby related. Next thing I know there's a new edition, even though I've played 6th only a handful of times. Here's a list of what I'll be taking to my local tournament shop in the end of July:

HQ
GM Mordrak + 5 Ghost Knights w/ Swords (400)
Librarian Lvl 3* + Warding Stave + Empyrean Brain Mines (245)

Troops
(2) 5 PAGK w/ 1 Psycannon, Psybolt Ammo, and Swords + Razorback w/ Psybolt Ammo (180)

FA
10 GKIS w/ 1 Psycannon, 1 Incinerator, Justicar w/ Halberd (315)

HVY
(2) Psyflmen Dread (135)
NDK w/ Teleporter, Incinerator, and Sword (260)

# of Models: 32
# of Warp Charge: 13

Notes:
If my math is correct its 1850 on the dot. I debated over whether or not I should have 6-man PAGK, Psycannon, Justicar w/ Halberd (No psybolt ammo and Libby w/out Empyrean Brain Mines). Although more bodies = more shots, Psybolt ammo breaks even in terms of cost efficiency in the small PAGK unit (4 Storm Bolters w/ Psybolt, 1 Psycannon). Psybolt is approximately 5 pts per model as an upgrade, so 4 guys having it should be fine for the squad upgrade price. *shrugs* In addition, 6th was more about shooting focused armies and I doubt my troops will get into CC. The Justicar won't necessarily need a halberd for challenges. As for my Libby, he'll be in the font lines getting bombarded on all sides.

*I haven't decided what psychic mastery I want my Libby to have. From what I've read Telepathy is BAMF. However, I'm the type of person to go against the wave and will be opting for, most likely, the Pyromancy tree. We could all agree that Psykers in general are inconsistent. They are variable factors. However I think in terms of efficiency, Pyromancy has a lot to offer for a turn 1 deep strike list + teleporting FA/NDK. Everything costs about 1 Warp charge (2 for Molten Beam and Inferno) that could destroy infantry. Telepathy does have more survivability, but for my play style of all in turn 1, in your face, blam-blam dakka dakka, forget surviving!  lol! Also I think before each game you could roll under whichever mastery right? Maybe certain powers are better against certain armies  Twisted Evil I have a lot of time to practice so I'm a bit excited! I know that GK's weakness comes to answering Flyers and Vehicles. This list doesn't have much anti-air. Psyflemen will have trouble against high armored vehicles, and only my GM and NDK have the STR to beat high armor vehicles in CC.

So tell me what you guys think! I'm open-minded enough for any criticism. Thanks!

Other thoughts:
Can our vehicles do additional shooting w/ witchfire attacks? That would be pretty sick if a rhino could shoot a heavy flamer if it passed the psychic test lol.

volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

1850 Mordrak Bomb Empty Re: 1850 Mordrak Bomb

Post by Elric Greywolf Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:30 pm

DON'T do Pyromancy. Definitely go with Telepathy. Getting Invisibility and/or Shroud makes your bomb basically unkillable. And you need it to survive.
Drop into some ruins for a 3+ cover save. Manifest Shroud for a 4+ cover in the open, or a 2+ anywhere else.
At PML2, your Libby has a 33% chance to get any particular power (assuming you roll only on one tree). Paying 50pts (which is 2x as expensive as any other codex's psychic upgrade) makes that 50%.
The chance that you'll get Invisibility or Shroud is a lot better: 60% on PML2 and 87% on PML3.
I'd just bank on the 60%, personally, and spend the 50pts elsewhere.

Give Grand Strategy Troops to the GKI and NDK. Having Objective Secured makes that DKnight even more valuable.

If you drop 1 Psyfleman, the Libby PML, one Ghost, and the GKSS Psybolts (which actually are wasted on min units), you've got 205pts. That's enough for a twin NDK, which is probably more useful than a Dread. Use the extra 5pts for master-crafting the Libby.
Drop another Ghost, and you can give Psybolts back to your units, or take 6-man squads.
Elric Greywolf
Elric Greywolf
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:06 pm

Wow, thanks for the advice!

I didn't think about it like that. alright I'll give it a shot and figure out what I'll do this Saturday.
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine Thu Jun 12, 2014 3:34 pm

Glad to see Mordrak is still around!!! I am looking forward to hearing how the game/games go on Saturday.
Constantine
Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5819
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down