Draigowing 2000 (for the truly insane or hardcore)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Draigowing 2000 (for the truly insane or hardcore)

Post by Corennus on Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:50 am

Just a silly idea for those with not many terminator models but a dream of fielding a Draigowing:

HQ

Draigo

Librarian
Teleport Homer
The Summoning
The Shrouding
Sanctuary
Nemesis Warding Stave

TROOPS

Paladin Squad (10 man)
Psycannons x 2
Incinerators x 2
Nemesis Halberds x 4
Daemonhammers x 2
Nemesis Force Swords x 3
Brotherhood Banner
Psyammo

Paladin Squad (10 man)
Psycannons x 2
Incinerators x 1
Nemesis Halberds x 4
Daemonhammers x 2
Nemesis Force Swords x 3
Brotherhood Banner
Psyammo

Terminator Squad (5 man)
Psycannon

Draigo Librarian and terminator squad start on the board. LIbrarian casts shrouding so unit is much harder to hit.

Turn 2 both paladin squads come in (combat squadded if necessary) and you see how long you can last.

Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Draigowing 2000 (for the truly insane or hardcore)

Post by Constantine on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:27 am

That sounds AWESOME!!!!!!!!
How cool would that be against a Daemon hoard army!

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5793
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus on Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:25 am

Daemons aren't a pushover nowadays for GK though. and I Hate HATE HATE TZEENTCH ARMIES. Flamers of Tzeentch.....ARRRGH

Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:38 am

I didn't say it would be easy Brother. That's where the fun comes in. Twisted Evil

This list is what I believe the novels depict the GK as being. I like it A LOT.

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai on Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:05 am

Looks like fun.  Maybe I really do need 5 more terminators.

When did flamers get scary?

Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 750
Registration date : 2010-12-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:23 pm

I have just realized that I am too poor for this hobby!
Even a list with under 30 models makes my wallet cringe  Sad Razz

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus on Fri Jan 17, 2014 2:59 am

Well truth be told I haven't played against daemons since 5th ed. when Flamers were truly scary. But they're still not a pushover.

And the scary part was whole squads of strike squads taken down by 3 flamers...

Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba on Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:09 pm

flamers of tzeentch have become one of the worst choices. they only got the flamer now wich is S 4 ap 4 and has the warpfire special rule wich does the following: if a unit gets 1 or more unsaved wounds by a weapon with this rule it has to do a toughness test at the end of the phase. if the test is failed, the unit suffers d3 wounds that ignore armor and cover. if the unit passes the toughness test however it gains the feel no pain special rule. if a unit allready got the feel no pain special rule, it will be improved by 1.

there is many in the daemon codex that counters draigowings. best thing to do is put in many power armored GK as daemons struggle to get viable ap 3 weapons, and those weapons that can melt power armor are also able to melt terminator armour aswell. same goes for close combat. a champion in a unit can get a ap 2 weapon that strikes at initative for a mere 10 points. every character in the daemon book has acess to those awesome AP weapons in close combat.

Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1586
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus on Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:23 am

hmmmmm so mass power armour....so a mass purifier list would work better. but for those with a terminator fetish I think that list above would be fun to play (see how long you can last!)

Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:32 pm

Corennus wrote:hmmmmm so mass power armour....so a mass purifier list would work better. but for those with a terminator fetish I think that list above would be fun to play (see how long you can last!)

The more we talk about how the odds are stacked against this list, the more I like it!!!!!!
To me it embodies what the GK are all about! Which is facing unbeatable odds and coming out on top!!! Twisted Evil

Last edited by Constantine on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai on Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:07 pm

The chapter has more knights in terminator armour than power armour. If the Grey Knights have a mass of anything it should be in tactical dreadnought armour.

Sai
Justicar
Justicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba on Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:39 pm

yeah. you are a new fully fledged grey knight and the first thing you get is terminator armour so you dont get hurt too much.

thats grey sissies for you Very Happy  Twisted Evil 

Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:17 am

Makes sense to me.  Dead soldiers can't become veterans.  
Unless they're Dark Eldar.  Or Daemons.  I think I see where you get these ideas...

Sai
Justicar
Justicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba on Tue Jan 21, 2014 6:27 pm

thats what really bugs me, why are the veteran GK, who wear power armour has lower leadership than the "newbie" terminator... but lets not get off track here.

had a game against nids and well... they crumble so easily its not even funny. the new nids have to play more defensively than ever before and with long range you can take them out one after another while still controling your side and the middle of the board.

Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Tue Jan 21, 2014 11:17 pm

Terminator list for the win!!!  cheers

What is GW thinking making a Nids codex that puts them on the defensive?  scratch geek

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba on Wed Jan 22, 2014 1:08 am

i do not know brother but i know one thing all older tyranid players love about the new codex: saving money. because all those new shiny toys are mostly crap.

Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai on Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:34 am

I always thought of the tyranids as being an expensive army because of the sheer number of troops you need to get to have a balanced army. At 1500 points I'd expect a decent army to have 120+ gaunts, a bunch of synapse and the normal hulking monstrous creatures.

I'd certainly favour buying and painting the terminator force.

Sai
Justicar
Justicar

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Wed Jan 22, 2014 10:42 pm

Sai wrote: I'd certainly favour buying and painting the terminator force.

+1 Brother!!!!

Quality over quantity is what I always say!!!!
The Termi/Pali list is still winning in my books!!!  cheers 

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:48 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top