Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Grey Knight Codex Wish List

+17
Andarius the Red
SteelTitan
Brother Raguel
bigbri
Aubec le noir
Thunder Shark
Thraxdown
Klomster
DOMIN4TRIX
Sai
Dark Bjoern
Alladin the Paladin
Constantine
Souba
DonFer
Rion
Corennus
21 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Grey Knight Codex Wish List - Page 3 Empty Re: Grey Knight Codex Wish List

Post by Corennus Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:06 am

Own land raiders.

Heavy Psycannon armed Land Raider

T-L Heavy Psilencer armed Land Raider

Heavy Incinerator armed Land Raider

Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:12 am

So you go back to our beloved LR brother Corennus !
What about the Stormravens ? Do you let it aside ?
Note that it doesn't matter to me because i do love LRs of any types !  Wink Twisted Evil 
Aubec  pirat 
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:17 am

I just think what's the point of having a Grey Knight vehicle if it doesn't have grey Knight armaments.
Corennus
Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:36 am

Well yes , you're right !
But if you look : what is a TLAC with psy ammo except a TL psycannon ! Wink
So what i did : i bought some FW psycannon to give my LRs and Stormravens (and Razofback too) a more GK look !
Aubec  pirat 
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:22 am

My first thought is to make the psilencer less useless.  Atm there is no reason not to take a psycannon instead.  There's a couple of ways they could do this.  Letting it move and fire like a psycannon,  letting it wound everyone on a fixed number instead of just daemons(especially with the rise of riptides/wraith knights) or giving it a secondary fire mode like the Tau ion cannon so it gets more powerful but more dangerous to use.

My second wish is they don't ruin our two most popular weapons atm: the psycannon and the halberd.  Our halberds give you +2I,  yet everyone else's make you I1 and with GW's love of "simplifying" things by having less special rules makes me wonder if these are going to get brought into line with everyone elses.  The psycannon worries me because the only other weapon I can think of atm that had the same assault or heavy modes was the special boltgun carried by the Raptors Chapter Master,  and that got changed to salvo in the FW update.

The most interesting thing for a new dex IMO is what we'll get as a new big unit.  Tau got riptide,  eldar got wraithknight, smurfs got new tanks, centurions and acces to flyers.  We already have an MC and a flyer so not sure what else is left.  I could maybe see a new dreadnought variant (seriously why don't the chapter of psykers have proper psyker dreads not just psychic pilots?) or some sort of giant Inquisition tank / mobile command bunker for an Inquisitor + retinue. Alternatively they might give us access to more IG stuff like Valks again to encourage us to buy those.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:08 pm

I'd say make Purgation Squads Relentless or Slow and Purposeful. and cheaper of course. 180 for 4 psycannons is just a rip off.

Psylencers: wound anything (not just daemons) on a 4+, leave everything else as is.

Agree with borther Thraxdown: roll to hit of 6 in CC ignores invuln. They might even create a new nemesis weapon that does this.

New Psychic Power: 6++ Invlun for psycker and squad, if acompanied by a GM or another psycker increase invul to 5++. This can also be FNP.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:43 pm

i like the psilencer allready, but i play in a flying monstrous creature enviroment and those 6 shots are "guaranteed" a grounding test at least Razz

i think +1 I is enough for halberds.. there is no reason for a GK to strike faster than melee experts from eldar for example. even though they are mary sue'ish marines they are not that overpowered. given that logan grimnar beheaded a grandmaster before he could even draw his weapon i think its understandable to tune them down a bit.

i hope the inquisitorial part gets out of there and becomes a full own force, rather than the current minidex. that way we have 2 books of 2 great forces but on both can be put more work into. just think about the posibilities that we could have had if we didnt had all those assassins, henchmen, inquisitor entries.

bigbri think about this: a terminator, in a dreadknight, in a dreadknight!
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1602
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Brother Raguel Sun Apr 27, 2014 11:34 am

Ok ....total newb sorry (link to intro https://greyknights.forumotion.com/t3989-long-lost-brother-returns#61322 feel free to have a look )

psilencers need sorting drastically...easy fix...stay as they are BUT with the option of the 6 rounds converging onto a single target for ...I dunno 1x s8 ap2 hit ? 
Why not ....fluff wise the bolts are fashion ed from our will so why not have some influence on the behaviour of those rounds ? Hell give that profile skyfire? Or skyfire as a phychic power to purgation sqds like astral aim ....hell make astral aim skyfire on that single shot profile ?

Purifiers...the h2h option the ones that take the assaults
why not option to buy artificer armour ...at the right price of course, fluff wise it states we have loads !

Storm bolsters......why 
I thought the idea of having an arm mounted weapon was to assist with h2h
in the era of overwatch (tau) shouldn't a storm bolter cause a buff? 1x shooting attack in the assault?(Not gonna ask for the 2xh2h atks)

Halberds..+1I is plenty, no need for +2
Erm....I'll think of more

Last edited by Brother Raguel on Mon Apr 28, 2014 1:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : better link)
Brother Raguel
Brother Raguel
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Army : Duh
Registration date : 2014-04-26

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu May 01, 2014 9:15 am

Problem with psylancer is the absence of armour pénétration... You give it that and it will became a must !  Twisted Evil 
Aubec  pirat 
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Tue May 13, 2014 8:37 pm

Aubec le noir wrote:Problem with psylancer is the absence of armour pénétration... You give it that and it will became a must !  Twisted Evil 
Aubec  pirat 

Maybe they could give it a 1 and turn it into an anti-tank gun with they lack.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 376
Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed May 14, 2014 4:11 am

I think the Grey Knights are supposed to lack anti-tank guns and to be honest, psycannons, las-cannons and nemesis hammers do the job just fine.

I figure that they could start with the psycannon and give it more shots but lose the rending. Maybe some special rule that allows it to rend against invulnerable saves instead? It is supposed to be for shooting daemons after all, and there are going to be more of those now the majority of races in 40K know how to conjure them up.

Range 30"
Salvo 3/6
S6
AP4
Rend invulnerable saves on a 5+

Would have more shots than the psycannon along with increased range so it's at least a viable alternative when the hordes are coming.

That said, the increased range doesn't suit the look of the model, so maybe go the other way, 18" range but salvo 4/8?
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Wed May 14, 2014 7:27 am

I like your ideas but we should keep the armor rending as a lot of investment goes into psycannons.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Wed May 14, 2014 3:59 pm

Sorry, should have made it clear I was talking about the psilencer. I was just using the psycannon for comparison, I think the cannon is fine the way it is- jack of all trades, master of none.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by SteelTitan Thu May 15, 2014 2:50 am

Thraxdown wrote:

Paladins - point increase.  1-3 per unit, Per 3 one can take a psycannon, psilencer or incinerator; another can take an incinerator.  Can only be joined by Grandmasters.  Draigo makes them troops.

Why o why would you want this? Shocked 

SteelTitan
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Thu May 15, 2014 8:25 am

SteelTitan wrote:
Thraxdown wrote:

Paladins - point increase.  1-3 per unit, Per 3 one can take a psycannon, psilencer or incinerator; another can take an incinerator.  Can only be joined by Grandmasters.  Draigo makes them troops.

Why o why would you want this? Shocked 

I brother Thunder Shark second the question. For one thing this the change is too drastic and many player have invested into the dragiowing tactic which allows a max of ten paladin and they are treated like advanced terminators. They also let players field four psycannons and with the current rules and stats are deadly against nearly units. While yes new codex normally make a player alter a their list. That's just inevitable. But they should not make go as far as to make them have to overhaul them and put a 4th of their army into retirement.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SteelTitan Thu May 15, 2014 10:21 am

Completely agree! In the games I've played so far, the Paladins have held up fairly well, even against Dexes like Daemons and Necrons, and I wouldn't really know what to change. However, I definitely don't think that a point increase is in order.

SteelTitan
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2013-06-13

Back to top Go down

Post by Andarius the Red Thu May 15, 2014 10:44 am

Personally I like our current codex, most might argue about how the Halls of Titan have become a trophy room of beaten and humiliated horrors of the warp over a hearth fire and banquette table, but remember that these creatures CANNOT truly be destroyed, they can only be banished or imprisoned. The fact that a greater daemon of Khorne has been reduced to a deer's head over a fireplace isn't sloppy writing... its JUSTICE! Imagine the centuries of impotent silent rage that daemon is enduring, unable to go out and slay mindlessly or cause havoc in the name of the Blood God. A suitable punishment for such a monster in my opinion and a warning to other Daemons if they dare try to face us.

As for our codex rules I too wouldn't mind our inquisitor forces be snipped a bit. We are the military branch of the Ordo Malleus after all, having inquisitorial forces from the Ordo Hereticus or Ordo Xenos is a bit of a stretch for me.

The Brotherhood Champion should lose the option for digital weapons (don't know what THAT was about.)

If a Dread Knight doesn't take any of the ranged weapons available then (like the dreadnought) its doom fists should be equipped with built in storm bolters.

If Paladins should be competitive then their cost should be reduced by 5 points but also limited to being an honour guard for an HQ choice. Draigo can still use his ability to make them troops choices. As elites they are a huge point sink but they do go hand-in-hand as a bodyguard role for Librarians and Grand Masters, turning them into a kind of honour guard at 45-50 points each would open the player to other options and give your HQ 10-20 extra wounds to hide behind.

As for the Psilancer my idea was to have it be a Nemesis storm-bolter: Range 24' Str. 4 AP - Assault 6. But since it fires the psyker's will as ammunition why not have it be our very own unique ranged force weapon? This way it keeps it's point cost but makes it more versatile against monstrous creatures and packing enough shots to wither away mobs of daemons. Even the choice of whether to use a psychic power to trigger its force ability or save it for another time balances it out well.
Andarius the Red
Andarius the Red
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 433
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2008-07-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark Thu May 15, 2014 11:03 am

You know I like over all too. One change they could do is bring back Stormtroopers. Also they could only allow Malleus inquisitors but provide a wider verity of wargaer some alien and more Malleus special character including coteaz and a radical.

yet they should keep the Jokearo's since like I said with the player and paladins lot's of investment have gone into them.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric Greywolf Wed Jun 11, 2014 1:57 pm

Purgation Squad losing Astral Aim is a pretty big deal, and makes them a lot less useful.
I'd like to see them gain Relentless, or at least S&P.

I also like the idea of a ranged Force weapon. We're already the only ones who can safely take Sanctic. Let's give us another reason to stand out!
Psilencer. R24" S4 AP- Heavy6 Force.
Gatling Psilencer. Same, but Heavy10-15.
Then you could cast Force on your DKnight, and he'd get it for the Psilencer AND the Fists/Sword. That would make the psilencer (which is currently the crap choice) very attractive. Good thing I magnetised my DK weapons!
Elric Greywolf
Elric Greywolf
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Wed Jun 11, 2014 3:11 pm

every psyker got the force power from the get go, even the dreadknight.

but ranged force weapons would be a bit over the top. thats probably the reason why almost no ranged weapons got the instant death special rule.
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Elric Greywolf Wed Jun 11, 2014 10:43 pm

Souba wrote:every psyker got the force power from the get go, even the dreadknight.
Hooray for obvious statements!

but ranged force weapons would be a bit over the top. thats probably the reason why almost no ranged weapons got the instant death special rule.
I fail to see any point here. Of course it's over the top, I already said that. Psychotroke grenades are over the top (at least for 15pts they are). Getting to roll normally on Sanctic is over the top. Lots of GK stuff is over-the-top.
Isn't this supposed to be a wish-list for a new GK codex? I didn't realise "over the top" was a reason to not wish for it!

I'll add one to the list, too:
I'd like to see a Voltron-type NDK model. Like this one!
Grey Knight Codex Wish List - Page 3 Doomti11
Elric Greywolf
Elric Greywolf
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2013-01-29

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:07 am

sorry missread your post about force on the NDK Razz

the thing is. do you actually want stuff that simply is so strong that almost everybody takes it? because we had that before

the 5th edition GK release was horrible. it wasnt your average bandwagon where some people started to play GK, it was a massive amount. the store in which dark bjoern and i play in had 2 players that play GK (just us 2) up to 8 and all you saw was psyrifle dread spam of course. now since the 6th hull point changes this suddenly dropped back to 2.

similar problem was with the necron bandwagon and its scythe spam. however there where releases that didnt brought such a mass of the same army. even though eldar are ridicilously strong the player base hasnt increased by that much. same goes for guard.

if you like to play as GK against GK or GK or for a change GK. sure op stuff is nice but i rather play against GK or a army of the other 17 codizes.

and if you think instant death shooting weapons are okay. play once against a FW armoured guard with beasthunter shells. you regret that Very Happy
Souba
Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Thu Jun 12, 2014 6:23 am

Is it weird that my first thought looking at that massive transformer thing wasn't that it was a stupid idea, but that it doesn't have a proper head? Also I'm pretty sure someone on dakka once homebrewed an apocalypse unit that was essentially an Imperial Knight sized suit being piloted by a regular dreadknight O.o

Tbh I'm with Souba on the bandwagon thing. For a while after it dropped this dex wasn't fun to either play with or play against. Some of my fav battles involved using the broken-ass Daemonhunters codex to eke out a draw, or occasionally even a win, against more modern armies. Then this codex dropped and every battle was a roflstomp and suddenly everyone had a shiny new GK army.

My current hope for the new dex is some tweaks to the HQ section. Draigo either needs AP2, biomancy or a decent points drop. Libbies need points drop and an option for power armoured versions. Maybe give the bro cap a power armoured option as well to seperate him from the GM a bit.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Thraxdown Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:22 pm

I'd want the paladin change because they're bodyguards for grandmasters. It doesn't make sense to me why they can be taken ten deep. Instead of one awesome unit I think if multiple effective small units. There would be a way to balance it I think, +1t or a better invulnerable, first round deep strike or something. At any rate, in just spit balling with my ideas at things I think would be fun

Thraxdown
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2012-07-13

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:43 am

You'd know what'd be pretty cool? If we got an HQ that uses a NDK. Like if our brotherhood champion can "mount" the dread knight.  Twisted Evil Though I think he'd have to loose IC or something.
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down