Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1000 pts - started army

2 posters

Go down

1000 pts - started army Empty 1000 pts - started army

Post by Funky-90 Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:29 pm

Hi,

I'm new to GK, always played 'Nids and IG. This was all in 5th edition though, so new to 6th and especially flyers. Due to this I'm gonna start with a 1000 point list and improve from there on.

Below is my list for 1000 points.

HQ
Inquisitor
P.armour and P.sword

Troops
10-man GKSS
2 Psycannons, 2 Halberds
Psybolt ammunition

5-man GKSS
1 Psycannon, 1 halberd

Heavy Support
5-man Purgation squad
4 Incinerators, 1 force halberd
Razorback with psybolt ammunition

Dreadnought
2x TL-autocannon
Psybolt ammunition

Dreadknight
Heavy incinerator, greatsword

Tactics
Inquisitor because I had to field an HQ. Gave him power armour to make him survive better for that VP in this new 6th ed. He's gonna join my purgation squad upon deployment.

10-man GKSS to give them all psy-ammo. Can remain a 10-man or breakup into combat squads. Depends on the situation. Either way they will go for the objectives. With the psy-ammo I get S8 on my psycannons and S5 on the storm bolters. Light vehicles are gonna be screwed to madness should someone go mech.force.

5-man GKSS because I didnt had more points for them. Psycannon here aswell for some good old firepower.

5-man Purgation squad with 4 incinerators to really screw with my opponents dugged in forces. Gave them a razorback for some quick forward movement due to the limited range with the template. The razorback has psy-ammo for S6 shots. Really like that idea.

Dreadnought with the 2 TL-autocannons as my AA and/or light tank hunter. Heard that flyers are a real problem in this 6th edition

Dreadknight as a strong dangerous machine to draw heavy fire and smash heavy things in round 2-3 before dying.

Any advice is greatly appreciated:) I'm mostly aiming towards a fun list to play with but needs to be able to kick some butt aswell. The list is aimed towards all kinda opponents.

Funky-90
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-08-05

Back to top Go down

1000 pts - started army Empty Re: 1000 pts - started army

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:01 pm

Welcome to the forum!

Sadly psyammo doesnt work on psycannons because they are already psyammo augmented assault cannons that come with assault 2 in addition to the normal assault cannon statline.
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Funky-90 Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:10 pm

Oh my! Just checked the codex and saw it was limited to certain weapons indeed... To bad...

Now my army only has a Dreadnought and CC-Dreadknight to deal with AV14... That might be a real big problem in some games... Specially against IG and SM...

Do you know any change in my list that could fill this spot? Not a very big fan of the henchmen squads so thinking about a 2nd autocannon Dreadnought or even an IG allied detachment. In case of the IG I can get to field the following:

HQ:
Company command squad
vox and lascannon

Platoon command squad
vox and lascannon

2x Infantry squad
vox and lascannon

In total for 280 points. I get 30 extra boots on the ground and 4x BS3 lascannons shots wich means I get an average of 2 S9 hits a turn if not taking into account the orders that can be issued.

What would you think about that IG detachment? Extra boots and S9 shots for just 280 points seems a good add to a GK army. Also fluff wise it is possible due to an inquisitor in need of extra forces (or cannon fodder:P)

Funky-90
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2013-08-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down