Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Load out for a Storm Rven

+4
Sai
Rion
Rivan
Gpicciotto
8 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

Load out for a Storm Rven Empty Load out for a Storm Rven

Post by Gpicciotto Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:50 am

I will use it simply to fly around and shoot things and as air defense,....suggestions on best load out please

Gpicciotto
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-06-02

Back to top Go down

Load out for a Storm Rven Empty Re: Load out for a Storm Rven

Post by Rivan Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:59 pm

Personal preference really and how many points you plan to spend on them...

1) TWLMM and TWLLC: cheapest config. AP1 and AP2 weapons, longer threat range. However, you have fewer shots even though they are twin-linked.
2) TWLMM and TWLasscan: same points. more shots from the asscan but only at S6 vs. AV11 and AV12 flyers. You can bump it up to S7 by getting the psybolt ammo for extra points...
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Gpicciotto Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:51 pm

anyone take the missiles?

Gpicciotto
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-06-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:37 pm

We're already hurting for points as a whole so I tend to shy away from them myself.

I tend to run mine in two ways.
Anti-Infantry: Assault Cannon/Heavy Bolter
Anti-Vechile: Lascannon/Multi-Melta

If somehow I have extra points to spend I'll throw on Hurricane Bolters to either configuration.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:53 am

I took the typhoon missiles in a whirlwind turret because it looked quite cool. But then the released the stormeagle which is like my conversion but better.

On the plus side the typhoon and twin-linked las-cannon give it a 48" range often allowing it to stay out of AA fire and target aircraft/armour anywhere on the board. I find most dogfights end up with me or my opponent having the raven go nose to nose with the enemy to ensure they overshoot me and can't fire back next turn, so range probably isn't that much of an issue in most games I play.

But it looks cool.

I tend to have it prioritise enemy fliers and then try to get flank shots on armour than my ground based guns can't reach yet. In 2000 point games I sometimes put a squad with Thawn inside because that way even if it does crash and burn horribly at mach 3 Thawn will still haul his ass out of the wreckage and go find an objective to claim.
Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:56 pm

I like the Twin Multi melta, Twin Assult cannons, Hurricain Bolters and Psy bolts. (gives you 1 S8 melta, 4 S7 rending, 24 S5 shots a turn plus missiles) Have seen people use the plasma cannons but they are not for me, we lack anti air for the army (have to use twin linked as our go to) so takeing a weapon on a flyer which cannot shoot at other flyers is just not for me. And range is never a problem for these weapons. Tau have 60" sky fire with interceptor, so they will hit you anywhere on the board unless there is terrain which is high and large enough to block line of sight.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sai Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:27 am

With the firestorm out now ravens are often going to be looking at a having a harder time. Two sets of BS2 twin-linked icarus lascannons cost about the same as the raven and can effectively neutralise it. While you can shoot down interceptors with a fair chance of success an AV14 building is more difficult to reliably put out of commission. The multimeltas are probably your best bet.

Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:51 am

First Strike> I agree I think Plasma Cannons on the Raven is a bad idea, mainly cause it gets hot now so we have the chance of blowing up out own vehicle Evil or Very Mad. do not want. Second I've had horrible luck on scatter rolls so I will never field an army with it.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyroa7xhavik Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:45 pm

I load mine out just like first strike said all the shots are nice and that Melta usually get the job done for the heavy armor
Also what are you guys loading them inside with (if at all )I mostly use them as gun ships
Pyroa7xhavik
Pyroa7xhavik
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 59
Army : Grey Knights , some Nids and SM
Registration date : 2012-01-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Mon Jul 29, 2013 4:54 pm

Pyroa7xhavik wrote:I load mine out just like first strike said all the shots are nice and that Melta usually get the job done for the  heavy armor
Also what are you guys loading them inside  with (if at all )I mostly use them as gun ships

Most of the time just as a gun ship. But nowadays, w/ Dangerous Terrain test being an armor save, it's safe enough to put a GKT or paladin squad in there IMO.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:25 pm

I've been considering placing a squad of Terminators or Paladins in my Storm Raven too, Brother Rivan. How do you disembark, via hover or Shadow Skies? Also, would you recommend incinerators or psycannons?
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 688
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:06 pm

I will most always use shadow skies. Switching to hover mode will most surely get the SR shot down. I know they can't assault immediately but they're pretty resilient anyway.

I lean towards psycannons because I love to take advantage of GKT/paladins being relentless. I usually give my interceptors the incinerator. I feel it gives me more accurate placement with their shunt move.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:30 am

But Shadow Skies does not exist anymore. It has been replaced by an universal rule called: Skies of Fury, which basically elimnates the ability of Interceptors of not scattering while deploying from a SR. Sad really, 'cause BA have also lost Skies of Blood to this new rule which helped ASM to deploy quite acurately from a SR.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:23 pm

DonFer wrote:But Shadow Skies does not exist anymore. It has been replaced by an universal rule called: Skies of Fury, which basically elimnates the ability of Interceptors of not scattering while deploying from a SR. Sad really, 'cause BA have also lost Skies of Blood to this new rule which helped ASM to deploy quite acurately from a SR.

I was referring to the GKT/Paladins jumping out of the SR. I don't mind them scattering because 2+ saves for dangerous terrain test is not bad.

I don't put Interceptors in the SR anymore precisely because we don't have Shadow Skies anymore. What I meant by accurate placement of templates is by using their normal jump or shunt move Smile
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:03 am

Oh, as you said "I will most always use Shadow Skies" I thought you weren't aware of the new ruling, just that Borther! Very Happy 
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:01 am

DonFer wrote:Oh, as you said "I will most always use Shadow Skies" I thought you weren't aware of the new ruling, just that Borther! Very Happy 

Yeah my bad--old habits lol I still called it shadow skies even though I meant the current rule haha
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content