Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New GK 1500

5 posters

Go down

New GK 1500 Empty New GK 1500

Post by aurelia augustine Tue May 21, 2013 2:39 am

Hello brothers, I have created two GK armies I am fairly new to the GK scene but I have been roaming around. One is using IG allies the other is pure GK.

GK

Ordo Malleus Inquisitor 110
-Terminator armour
-Psycannon
-Psyker (Divination/Prescience)

Order Malleus Inquisitor 110
-Terminator armour
-Psycannon
-Psyker (Divination/Prescience)

(10) Strike Squad 250
-Psycannons x2
-Psybolts
-Hammer

(10) Strike Squad 250
-Psycannons x2
-Psybolts
-Hammer

Dreadknight 160
-Heavy Incinerator

Dreadknight 160
-Heavy Incinerator

IG

CCS
-Astropath 100
-Melta x2

Veteran Squad 100
-Melta x3

Vendetta 130
(squadron)
Vendetta 130

This list to me has good anti-tank/air and good anti-infantry and has good protection against drop pods/deep striking(which my friends are fond of). Here is the 2nd list...

HQ

Coteaz 100

Grey Knight Grand Master 180
-Master-crafted force sword

Troops

(10) GKSS 240 x2 480
-Psycannon x2
-Psybolts

Heavy

Dreadknight 235 x2 470
-Heavy incinerator
-Personal teleporter

Dreadnought(squad) 135 x2 270
-Twin-linked autocannon
-Twin-linking autocannon
-Psybolts

The dreadnoughts would be used to engage flyers/tanks along with the Dreadknights being str10 ap2 with doomfists. The GKGM would make the dreadnoughts or dreadknights scoring from Grand Strategy, I can take out the GKGM for a OMI w/ termi armour, psycannon, psyker level1. Another possibility is to give the dreadknights swords.

Advice appreciated thanks.

aurelia augustine
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2013-05-06

Back to top Go down

New GK 1500 Empty Re: New GK 1500

Post by SmokinBrown Tue May 21, 2013 4:11 am

I'd take out the grand master and replace him with another inquisitor, using the points to buy swords for the dreadknights. As of the FAQ the sword is a melee weapon that allows the bearer rerolls so if you attack with the dodo fist you still get S10 and +1 attack for extra melee weapon (the sword), and you get the rerolls as well. Because the wording of the sword is that the bearer rerolls and not that attacks made with it are rerolled. I like the greatsword,does some serious damage now, and looks dangerous too.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 251
Army : Grey Knights, Necrons, The Empire
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vindicare Tue May 21, 2013 7:26 am

Hey Augustine,

Before I make suggestions to your lists I am interested to hear how you are going to run both your lists and what kind of armies you normally face. The first list, to me looks like you are gearing up for a gun line with flanking vendettas. The second list I am not to sure though, it looks like a gun line again, with your dreadknights having the ability to get up close and personal. If you could clarify that would be great!

Looking at the lists though right now, in the first list I would do 2 things. 1. switch the melta in the vet squad to plasma. Gives you more range, and can just as easily kill termies as meltas can. If you took the meltas to destroy tanks, the dreadknights and vendettas can do that no problem. The second thing is drop one of the ordo malleus inquisitors and remove psybolt ammo from the squads. That will free up 150pts and that can get you another 5 man GKSS with a psycannon and then leave some pocket change for unit upgrades. Or you can buy your existing squads some transports, like 3 razorbacks, where they all have twin linked heavy bolters with psybolt ammo. This will give your existing list a lot of mobility, which will help you in objective games. All you need to do is combat squad your GKSS. If it is a gun line your going with. 3 twin linked heavy bolters can give you more range and can hurt a fair amount if you concentrate fire, in addition to this the razorbacks should also draw fire away from your squads as well.

In regards to your second list. I am not sure what you want this list to do.
If your going to run a pure grey knight list you need to build it with CC being the main focus. I would keep the psyflemen dreads, they give you AA and AT but if your kitting your dreadknights with personal teleporters, they need to be getting into CC fast as your opponent will not let those things live for very long so you will need to make sure when they do get into CC there is help coming to back them up.

To critique this list that you posted though, replace Coteaz with an ordo malleus inquistor in termi armor and a psycannon. 110 points you have a daemon hammer, and more fire power than Coteaz. I would maybe also give him a daemon blade to see as it can give you some passive effects like psyker master or eternal warrior. The other reason for removing coteaz is I am assuming you will put him with a GKSS, the Warp quakes null out the "I have been expecting you rule" as it to provides a 12 inch bubble but causes mishaps which can be far more destructive than an out of sequence shooting attack from a GKSS.

On your grand master I would consider tossing on some rad and psychotroke grenades as they are always fun Razz, and toss on some give him psybolt ammo, if you arent going to give him a psycannon or heavy weapon. In regards to grand strategy, I would recommend Spear of Light, as it can allow your dreadknights or heavier troops to perform an outflank maneuver, which can protect them from being brought down by a shooting phase or two. Unyielding Anvil would work well on Dreadnoughts so long as you know your opponent doesn't have anything that can reach them or deep strike close to them.

PS. Dont forget about warlord traits too! Dont let your opponent bully you into not taking your warlord traits because you have grand strategy!
Vindicare
Vindicare
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 68
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, High Elves, Red Scropions
Registration date : 2011-08-10

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by aurelia augustine Tue May 21, 2013 12:12 pm

Thank you for all of the advice. Both lists are more of gun line getting to objectives while the dreadknights get up close. Where would I free up points for razorbacks? On the second list, I agree with you about Coteaz and replacing him a ord malleus inquisitor w/term/pysker/psycannon. And points wise would it be better to replace the GKGM to free up points to give the dreadknights swords?

Thanks

aurelia augustine
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni Tue May 21, 2013 12:35 pm

Dropping the GM for a couple of Greatswords would do the trick. It will also get you a Psifleback too!
Akoni
Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 688
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vindicare Tue May 21, 2013 2:37 pm

To get the three razorbacks into your first list, you would need to drop the one ordo malleus inquistor, which will give you 110 points, in addition you willl also need to drop the psybolt ammo that you gave your GKSS which cost 20pts each, this will free up an additional 40pts bringing your total to 150pts. 3 bare bone razorbacks cost 45pts each so three would be 135pts and then giving them psybolt ammo for 5pts will bring you to 150pt Smile

In regards to the second list. Dont worry about the psyker level on the inquisitor. its costs 30pts which are points you dont really have, and the terminator armor comes with a nemesis daemon hammer which is better. Take a daemon blade, it will give you the chance to get psyker level (if you roll 11-12) as well as another perk depending on how you roll and it costs half the points.

If you are going to run the second list the way you posted and not add termies or anything. You need the grand master to keep the dreadknights alive, as he will give you grand strategy and specifically Spear of Light which gives them the scout rule, which can either allow them to come on the flanks or move up a free 12 inches, which ever way you chose to use their scout move will help the dreadknights get into CC faster. Dreadknights are good but everyone knows it, so you need to ensure that the minute they arrive on the flanks they are charging a unit or will only be taking a single volley of shooting from your opponent. Plasma and melta are not very nice to these guys and can very easily kill them, they are just big termies.

A challenge a lot of people have with dreadknights is identifying when to stop upgrading them. Your currently sitting with 470 points invested into 2 models. If you add another 50pts for greatswords your looking at a third of your army (520pt). If you lose those 2 models you're in serious trouble as your offensive power is now limited to 2 strike squads. I can take that 470 and field 2 10 man strike squads with psycannons and weapon upgrades as well. Or I can take the 520pt (if you put great swords on Dreadknights) and get 2 10 man teams of interceptors squads with psilencers who can perform the same 30 inch shunt, then sit on an objective and pump out 64 shots a turn if they remain stationary.

i encourage you to keep playing around with lists its how you learn to build stronger ones and again keep asking members here on the forum for advice we will be more than happy to give you some advice!

Hope it helps!

Cheers, Vindicare

Last edited by Vindicare on Tue May 21, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vindicare
Vindicare
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vindicare Tue May 21, 2013 2:51 pm

Just noticed this but, you actually cant run 2 dreadknights and 2 regular dreadnoughts due to force organization charts. You are only limited to 3 Heavies. You will need to run one as a venerable dreadnought if you want to maintain the same list you have posted, this will occupy an elite choice but it will cost more to field it. Throwing off your lists. Sorry dude, I totally spaced out on that one :S

Vindicare
Vindicare
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by zhambah Tue May 21, 2013 3:53 pm

tbh, i think hes better off with an inquisitor or coteaz... prescience is godly.

if it was me, i would drop a dreadknight... with those points freed up, you can fit pretty much everything else you want in the list easily

zhambah
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by aurelia augustine Tue May 21, 2013 7:52 pm

Yeah thats my bad for some reason I thought you could make the dreadnoughts into a squad. Shocked

aurelia augustine
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Vindicare Tue May 21, 2013 8:29 pm

Hey Zambah,

good points raised about prescience, I would agree with you for sure, however, I am just working with what I see and I dont want to rewrite the list as I believe it takes away from the fun of playing the game. For this list if he wants to run 2 HQs grand master with inquistor in termi would probably be a better HQ combo for him. If he changes it up and drops the dreadknights I would agree going Coteaz and inqusitors for prescience would be much more effective.

No worries there Augustine I did it too lol, get a feel for the codex, just sit down and write lists and go out and play. If you lose some oh well, its just for fun, and then write the next list to address any holes you may have been lacking Smile
Vindicare
Vindicare
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content