Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CSM tactica and daemon princes

5 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

CSM tactica and daemon princes Empty CSM tactica and daemon princes

Post by PurityinFlames Tue May 07, 2013 2:36 am

I have a game in a couple o' weeks versus Chaos Space Marines and I know he's going to be packing a Daemon Prince

Now, for those who don't know how I play; I don't use power armour or terminator armour; I run Coteaz and a whole load of Inquisitorial Warbands...so

What should I be watching for and where do I hit him to cripple this 'ere force of his - part of me is wishing for an objective based game, I have a force designed for that...

Any intel that Coteaz' spy network can gather for me would be greatly appreciated...

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2012-11-29

Back to top Go down

CSM tactica and daemon princes Empty Re: CSM tactica and daemon princes

Post by zhambah Tue May 07, 2013 8:28 am

I take it this here prince will be winged? if so, aegis defense line, other than that, mass amounts of fire to bring it down, if you bring it down before it reaches your lines its game over for the prince.

alternatively allied detachment of tau with the masses amount of skyfire they bring

thats my 2 cents anyway

zhambah
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 67
Registration date : 2013-03-31

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Tue May 07, 2013 8:36 am

My information is limited Brother but sense every little bit helps here's what I do know.

-Avoid melee. Most of your guys cant fight it out with SMQ let alone a Deamon.
-Warrior Acolytes with hot-shot lasguns with carapace armor will just eat on through Marine Armor, while still getting their armor saves, so making them the back bone of the force may not be a bad idea. In other words hot-shot gun line.
-Taking special weapon Acolytes i.e. plasmaguns and meltaguns, imho will really mess with a deamon prince's day. As well as give your units flexibility to handle any threat.
-Jokaero make decent sniper units. I'd say use them to pick off the Deamon Prince and any elites he's got going, before they get to close.
-Cover is thine ally
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 627
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue May 07, 2013 8:38 am

Plama/melta spam. I guess that's the way to go. Forcing them to take 5+ invul is always a good thing. Aegis DL is also a good idea though I rather concentrate my firepower on the assault units, avoid CC as much as you can.
Oh and mobility is key, run around inside your chimeras/RBs in order to maximize your firepower.

hope it helps!
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by PurityinFlames Tue May 07, 2013 3:29 pm

I'm looking at a defence line with a vindicare behind it, manning the gun - I'm fairly sure the Prince is going to be winged.

If I hit the prince in the air, it needs to roll to avoid hitting the ground, if I can ground it, I'm just going to pummel it with fire until it falls down

Highly tempted to run a Callidus as well, just to really put a crimp in his day...

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Tue May 07, 2013 8:15 pm

Personally I think you'd be wasting the Vindicare by putting him on turret duty. Yes he'll never miss but what makes him such a good model is his special ammo. With it he can kill just about anything from Chaos Lords to Chaos Land Raiders.
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by PurityinFlames Wed May 08, 2013 1:53 am

Ah, but you see...he has the range to still cause a headache; I can set him next to the quad gun, blast out shots on fliers and if I need to deal with other nastees then I can do that too

I have a provisional list drawn up, not 100% convinced with it yet but I only need to make minor tweaks if necessary; need to shuffle some points here and there but not sure what to cut and what to keep

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Kotagg Wed May 08, 2013 11:29 am

Don't forget, Rion, how powerful a Vindicare is on a turret. With interceptor, the assassin can use the turret on the opponent's turn, and then on your turn it can still fire with its own special ammo. Rinse, repeat. Very nice combo.

Kotagg
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2012-10-30

Back to top Go down

Post by PurityinFlames Wed May 08, 2013 2:28 pm

I think the other effect of a Vindicare on a turret is that it makes a very big area of deniability - either your opponent doesn't know what the Vindicare can do and very quickly learns the lesson as outlined in Rion's signature, or they do know the effect and stay well clear of it - either way, you put your objective in that area for added protection

PurityinFlames
Henchmen
Henchmen

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion Wed May 08, 2013 2:57 pm

I had not considered that Brother Kotagg. Very nice idea Twisted Evil
Rion
Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down