Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I know I'm not using my draigowing right!

+3
first strike
volvoe
kjhome
7 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

I know I'm not using my draigowing right! Empty I know I'm not using my draigowing right!

Post by kjhome Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:05 am

Hello everyone, I run 2-10 man paladin units with 4 psycannons and 2 daemonhammers in each squad. try to use terrain for cover as I advance. Also, I use Corteaz trade power on divination table (prescience and one other). Army is very unforgiving, cannot screw up target priority. What would you forum guys suggest I do instead? Point level is 1750.

kjhome
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 16
Registration date : 2012-12-24

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

I know I'm not using my draigowing right! Empty I know I'm not using my draigowing right!

Post by kjhome Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:06 am

Hello everyone, I run 2-10 man paladin units with 4 psycannons and 2 daemonhammers in each squad. try to use terrain for cover as I advance. Also, I use Corteaz trade power on divination table (prescience and one other). Army is very unforgiving, cannot screw up target priority. What would you forum guys suggest I do instead? Point level is 1750.

kjhome
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

I know I'm not using my draigowing right! Empty Re: I know I'm not using my draigowing right!

Post by volvoe Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:23 pm

Double post!

It all depends on what you want to do. Are you going to play competitively or for fun? Once you figure that out you could try making your list as cost efficient as possible or as silly as you want. If you're running Coteaz why don't you run some henchmen squads that are pretty cheap and could help with supporting fire power? You already have a deathstar unit, but their main problem is mobility. In that cause you have either the option of a land raider or a storm raven (or why not both?!).

Other than changing/improving your list you could always just play more. I think experience is better than theorycrafting because when you make a mistake it hits home a little harder so you remember for next time. Draigo wing is pretty unforgiving since you're playing quality over quantity, so target priority and deployment are pretty big problems. You don't have a lot of bodies to shoot and they aren't very mobile. But grey knights are a pretty forgiving army imo. We don't have to be good to play Grey knights well, because they are just so strong. Paladins are the best (i think) terminators out there, but they're just so expensive that's why I choose not to bring them. I actually am not a fan of terminators at all actually. But if you like paladins and draigo, just keeping playing it. Eventually you'll know how to play your army against certain matchups and that will make the game fun.
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

I know I'm not using my draigowing right! Empty Re: I know I'm not using my draigowing right!

Post by first strike Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:35 pm

Experience is key to any list or game for that matter, you can not jsut take a list you see online and use it in a tournament and expect to win with it.
So as for Draigo wing, it did not get better in 6th ed, you can no longer pass the love around. You are slow, you will normaly kill anything you point at but this is only one unit a turn. Draigo can be used to pass W around but now it is limited.
What I can see is wrong with your list is normaly a Draigo list will be,
Draigo, 10 palidins with weapons, 2 x solo paldins for holding objectives while Draigo goes and kills stuff, and then shooting elements to clean up the stuff Draigo cannot get to.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:39 am

I never take a paladin squad without a landraider personally. I run draigo with 5 paladins (2 incinerators, 2 halberds 2 hammers and a banner) in a crusader with psybolt ammo and its awesome. Very expensive mind. But I think the survivability the landraider grants allowing the squad to get into combat at full strength is invaluable. My two cents.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 251
Army : Grey Knights, Necrons, The Empire
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Tue Apr 30, 2013 10:53 am

If you want to play Draigo Wing use one squad of paladins only. And that actually is more than enough. The unit is slow and vulnerable to Plasmas, meltas and high rate of power, but surely can eliminate whatever it shoots at.
Best way to play Draigo Wing is, in my oppinion, use the wing as a death star, with lots of support (RBs, Purifiers, Accolytes if you're using Coteaz, and Dreads). Other than that is up to how it does on the table. Don't expect it to survive in open ground by its own. Most players will aim whatever they have at it once it hits the table, and that can actually obliterate the paladins in one nice shooting phase.
DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by kjhome Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:39 pm

Thanks for the info guys. I do want to play for fun, and I do like to see the face of my opponent when they first see the army. Would not take this list against dark angels, with their silly rad grenades and plasma guns Smile . I can see that mobility is the big problem. Also, model placement in this addition is huge. Sometimes, I will use Coteaz as the warlord, and use Draigo for challenges. I will also sometimes use Draigo to try and soak up high str, low ap shots to add to for survivability on one unit. I know he will die, but for at least one round, I can try to get to mid-board. Mid board is key for this army. If I double post I am sorry, don't know whats going on with that.

kjhome
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by kjhome Tue Apr 30, 2013 12:43 pm

SmokinBrown wrote:I never take a paladin squad without a landraider personally. I run draigo with 5 paladins (2 incinerators, 2 halberds 2 hammers and a banner) in a crusader with psybolt ammo and its awesome. Very expensive mind. But I think the survivability the landraider grants allowing the squad to get into combat at full strength is invaluable. My two cents.

SB

Thanks for the input, I just might do that for the next game I play.

kjhome
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster Wed May 01, 2013 4:35 pm

Topics merged.
Klomster
Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4321
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by jay170788 Thu May 02, 2013 9:07 am

Klomster wrote:Topics merged.

What an awkward font, try yellow make it a little more readable lol
jay170788
jay170788
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 77
Army : GK & Fire Lords Marines
Registration date : 2011-10-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down