Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing

+10
Souba
Omenos
jb317
Tiberius
jay170788
Vecuu
DonFer
Rivan
DOMIN4TRIX
Embolden40k
14 posters

:: Tactica

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 4 Empty Re: UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing

Post by SmokinBrown Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:19 pm

Don't dreadnoughts only have 2 HP's?
SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 251
Army : Grey Knights, Necrons, The Empire
Registration date : 2011-05-09

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 4 Empty Re: UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing

Post by Rivan Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Dreadnoughts have 3 HP.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:56 pm

Aubec le noir wrote:on remark though ... as i truely LOVE the Draigowing and the use of überelite lists, it's seems to me that the Personal Teleporter will greatly miss to your DKs ! scratch
But frankly i don't know where to find the points... except for the apoth : 1 apoth = 1 PT ! Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat

Cheers for the input Aubec, yes it certainly is a quandary, another option is to drop the Gatling Psilencer and the Heavy Psycannon and having 2 identical Dreadknights with Heavy Incinerators and Teleporters, but this could leave me a little light on hitting power against MEQs, but without play testing, I don't see the Psilencer and Psycannon doing a great deal anyway?

Whats your Draigowing list by any chance? I'm looking for inspiration Laughing

But switching the weaponary around would leave the list looking like:

Draigo - 275
10 Paladins - 4 MC Psycannons, Apoth - 725
5 Paladins - 2 MC Psycannons - 325
1 Paladin - 55
Dreadknight - Heavy Incinerator, Personal Teleporter - 235
Dreadknight - Heavy Incinerator, Personal Teleporter - 235

This list does lack the range of Dreadnought support, but has a decent amount of mobility!
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 104
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar
Registration date : 2012-09-10

Grey knight
stats:

http://embolden40k.blogspot.co.uk/

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:58 pm

Rivan wrote:Dreadnoughts have 3 HP.

Correct as per page 410 of the rulebook under BA vehicles
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:10 am

Embolden40k wrote:

Wasn't it a GK dreadnought? But damn Sad I coulda sworn when I first read it that it was 2 HP's, been playing it that way since Sad haha

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:48 pm

SmokinBrown wrote:
Embolden40k wrote:

Wasn't it a GK dreadnought? But damn Sad I coulda sworn when I first read it that it was 2 HP's, been playing it that way since Sad haha

SB

Yeah for some reason all the "Marine" vehicles fall under the first army to take them in the rulebook.

We all make mistakes, so I wouldn't worry, just count your blessings when your dread thats lost 2hps wins you a game Razz
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Fri May 03, 2013 10:59 am

Hey everyone, sorry its been a while since I last updated!

But I've been on a holiday to the lake district here in the UK for the past week or so! But I'm back a raring to go!

This has given me plenty of thinking time for my Paladin list, since deciding to switch tactics a couple of weeks back, so what have I been thinking about?

Coteaz or no Coteaz... Solodin or Warrior Acolytes, how to arm the Dreadknight (s), Dreadnoughts are good, but vulnerable, Apothecary or not, second troops choice, Terminators or second Paladin squad... lots and lots to consider, considering this is a small force its quite ironic.

After thinking long and hard for a week I've come up with the following list:

1850pts Draigowing list

Draigo - 275
Coteaz - 100
10 Paladins - 4 Psycannons, Psybolt ammo, Banner - 675
5 Paladins - 2 Psycannons, Psybolt ammo - 345
1 Paladin - 55
Dreadknight - Hvy Psycannon, Hvy Incinerator - 200
Dreadknight - Hvy Psycannon, Hvy Incinerator - 200
1850pts

I decided Coteaz is too good to pass up, Apothecary is too expensive, although, FNP is AWESOME, so I may switch back, I think 1 Paladin is better than 5 Warrior Acolytes it's more flexible in that he can deep strike in if the objectives don't fall right for me.

I've also dropped both Teleporters on the Dreadknights swapping them out for Hvy psycannons, this gives me more shooting, although it's not Pts efficient, I think the Teleporters give me more mobility, but I'm going to deep strike the Dreadknights anyway, so that negates that in someway.

Just before I left for the our break, I signed up the 40k league at the local gaming group.

I have a couple of games planned for the weekend, reports to follow!

Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Fri May 03, 2013 11:36 am

Tooled up! 20 men vs the universe - this is what GK's are about!

Can't wait for the reports
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Fri May 03, 2013 2:45 pm

Yes 20 men setting off in to the unknown ready to smash face!!

Game1 done, report to follow when I'm at my laptop
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Sun May 05, 2013 6:11 am

Had a few moments after the game to take a few pics of the army:

10 Paladins
UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 4 P1000669_zps961939de

5 Paladins
UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 4 P1000660_zps8e212c55

Solodin
UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 4 P1000668_zps12004a29

Dreadknights
UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 4 P1000685_zps00c9002b

Draigo:
UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 4 P1000673_zps9a289ab9

Coteaz
UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 4 P1000664_zps87d21515

HQ together
UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 4 P1000677_zps191accb5

And finally a group shot:
UK Tournament Tactica Diary - Now using a Draigowing  - Page 4 P1000681_zpsbf1db403
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sun May 05, 2013 9:16 am

Love the Coteaz conversion Very Happy

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Sun May 05, 2013 10:08 am

Cheers Smokin Very Happy
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vecuu Sun May 05, 2013 10:13 am

That list looks like a lot of fun! Very Happy

That is a good looking Coteaz conversion, even if I feel he still needs his birdie buddy.

I also really like your bases. I may try to copy something similar in the future.
Vecuu
Vecuu
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Tyranids, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-01-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sun May 05, 2013 10:17 am

The bird is the only thing I don't like on the coteaz model, I think it should look like this one lol. Think the techmarine body makes awesome armour though, I absolutely love that model.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sun May 05, 2013 10:18 am

Where abouts in the Lake District did you stay? I live there lol

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Sun May 05, 2013 12:11 pm

Vecuu wrote:That list looks like a lot of fun! Very Happy

That is a good looking Coteaz conversion, even if I feel he still needs his birdie buddy.

I also really like your bases. I may try to copy something similar in the future.

The list is lightning quick to play as well! Plus it doesn't kill my back or brain with lots of things going on!

I'm tempted to add a skull to the base or something, I'm not keen on the eagle... but it's in the fluff.

Go for it, I just chopped up 2 of the blocks from a Cities of Death ruin, plus a couple of spares from the same kit.

SmokinBrown wrote:The bird is the only thing I don't like on the coteaz model, I think it should look like this one lol. Think the techmarine body makes awesome armour though, I absolutely love that model.

SB

Yeah the Techmarine body is something I've been wanting to use for a long time! I'm happy with how it's come out!

SmokinBrown wrote:Where abouts in the Lake District did you stay? I live there lol

SB

We stayed in Grange over sands, but travelled north most of the time, went to Keswick, Bowness, Grasmere and of course Windemere to name but a few places. A beautiful part of the country, I'm jealous you get to live there!
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Sun May 05, 2013 3:09 pm

Ahh I live in Keswick. Been away the last few days though, did it rain during your visit? Lol

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Sun May 05, 2013 11:52 pm

SmokinBrown wrote:Ahh I live in Keswick. Been away the last few days though, did it rain during your visit? Lol

SB

Wow, I'm jealous, we loved it round there, even picked up one of the local property papers to take a look as I'm looking to change career and am angling for a move up north or as my wife says, back home!

It was forecast to rain pretty much every day, but we had a light rain on one of the days for about an hour and that was it, was beautiful weather most of the week, I even got a little sunburnt on one of the walks we did! lol
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Mon May 06, 2013 2:17 am

Warlord Traits

So everyone, I’ve been thinking about Warlord traits and which column would be best to roll on, I’ve been rolling on the Strategic Traits since the beginning (you can see from the battle reports) because it seemed to have some of the most attractive options, manipulating reserves, better cover saves and movement in ruins, move units after deployment and choosing night fight, they all seemed useful.

But now 6th is a year in, I think it’s time I had a proper look at the tables, specifically for Draigowing to see if I can find another tabled that suits them even better.

So lets have a look at the categories:

Command Traits:

1. Inspiring Presence – Friendly units with 12” of Warlord can use their Leadership.
Not very inspiring to me as most of the army is LD10/Fearless any way – pretty much useless to a Draigowing build

2. Intimidating Presence – Enemy units within 12” must use their Lowest LD, not highest.
Very situational, but could be useful

3. Dust of a thousand worlds – Warlord and friendly units within 12” have move through cover.
Very useful for Draigowing, there is nothing worse than getting bogged down in terrain

4. Master of the Vanguard – Warlord and all friendly units roll an extra d6 when running.
Could be useful as Draigowing is notoriously slow, so a turn1 run is usually on the cards

5. Target Priority – Warlord and all friendly units with 12” re-roll 1’s to hit, when shooting at enemy by objectives.
Not very useful as I have prescience or master crafted Psycannons on the Paladins and the Dreadknights are using template weapons.

6. Coordinated Assault – add 1 to the charge range to Warlord and all friendly units within 12”
Useful no matter who you are really, I’ve missed a number of assaults by 1” and there is nothing worse!

Overall 3/6 on the useful rating (only .5 for 2 and 4 as they are situational)

Command Traits are okay, but there are only 2 useful traits and 2 that are very situational, 1 trait is extremely useful, move through cover, so rolling on this table will not bring very reliable results.

Personal Traits:

1. Master of Defence – Warlord and his unit gain Counter Attack in own deployment zone.
Not very useful as the Paladins will be pushing in to the Midfield from turn1 onwards

2. Master of Offence – Warlord and his unit gain Furious charge in enemy deployment zone.
Very useful against the right opponent, but useful most of the time due to the aggressive nature of the Paladin army

3. Master of Manoeuvre – Warlord and his unit have the outflank rule.
At first I thought this would be rubbish, but depending on objectives, this could be fantastic. Situational, but useful.

4. Legendary Fighter – If the Warlord slays any enemy Character in a Challenge you gain a VP.
Hmm for me this is useful, but situational as I like Coteaz to be my Warlord as Draigo is out front tanking the hits/wounds so is unlikely to get into combat.

5. Tenacity – Your Warlord and his unit gain FnP when within 3” of an objective.
AWESOME!! Most of the missions in 6th have objectives and Paladins are scoring, so this is even more amazing.

6. Immovable Object – Your Warlord is scoring.
Perfect for Draigowing which can lack scoring unit.

Overall 4/6 on the usefulness rating (.5 for 3 and 4 as they are both situational)

Personal Traits 3 are fantastic and 2 situational traits, rolling on this table could bring a lot of success as I’m quite likely to get a trait that will benefit the army, but a lot of traits rely on objectives so in the KP mission I think a different Trait table would be best to roll on.

Strategic Traits:

1. Conqueror of Cities – All units have Move through cover and Stealth in Ruins.
Very helpful with the right terrain, so can be situational, but ruins are popular in my local gaming group.

2. Night Attacker – can choose if night fight or not turn1.
Extremely useful!

3. Master of Ambush – Acute senses on outflanking units.
Situational at best, as its very rare that Draigowing units outflank, but there is an option.

4. Strategic Genius – Re-roll reserves, successful or failed.
Very useful for my army, as I like to deep strike the Dreadknights and Solodin, the Dreadknights want to get into the game ASAP while the Solodin is best kept in reserve as long as possible.

5. Divide and Conquer – -1 to enemy reserve rolls
Situational, but could be extremely useful when facing multiple flyers/reserve based army.

6. Princeps of Deceit – Can re deploy 1 unit 3d6 or 3 units 1d6
I bit meh, extremely random and not always useful if you’ve deployed right or going second.

Overall 3.5/6 on the usefulness rating (.5 for 1, 3 and 5)

Strategic Traits – 2 traits that are extremely useful and 3 that are situational, still a good table to roll on but I think the Personal trait table is a more reliable table in every other mission bar the KP mission.

So I think my mind is set, Personal Trait table for most of the missions and Strategic table for the KP mission.

What do you guys think? Have I missed anything?

What Warlord Trait table do you guys roll on?

Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Mon May 06, 2013 10:19 am

my preference goes to the Personal Traits Table most of the time, just like you ... Wink
but what happens if the 2 opposed Warlords do have the same trait... such as the Night Attacker... is the first player that chooses or is it a roll-situation ?
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vecuu Mon May 06, 2013 10:48 am

I haven't rolled on anything other than Personal Traits in a very, very long time.
Vecuu
Vecuu
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Tyranids, Grey Knights
Registration date : 2012-01-02

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Mon May 06, 2013 11:14 am

same traits are fine bar the Night Attack, it must of been FAQ'd but I cannot find any reference too it...

I would roll off for it to see who gets to choose
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan Mon May 06, 2013 4:40 pm

I go for Personal Traits most of the time as well.
Rivan
Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4404
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Embolden40k Mon May 06, 2013 10:31 pm

So it looks like Personal Traits are the way to go then!
Embolden40k
Embolden40k
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by SmokinBrown Tue May 07, 2013 7:58 am

I always roll personal traits aswell.

SB
SmokinBrown
SmokinBrown
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next