Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500pts plasma gun-line

2 posters

Go down

1500pts plasma gun-line Empty 1500pts plasma gun-line

Post by Tiberius Sun Mar 24, 2013 4:31 pm

New list that came to mind recently, looking for thought on how it might perform as well as what changes might be fitting. Very Happy

-HQ-
Inquisitor Coteaz 100pts
Inquisitor, Psyker, 3 Servo Skulls 64pts

-Troops-
Strike Squad, 10 men, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo, Hammer 250pts
Strike Squad, 10 men, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo, Hammer 250pts
Henchmen Squad, 3 Plasma Servitors, 9 Acolytes (3 Plasma Guns, 6 bolters) 132pts
Henchmen Squad, 3 Plasma Servitors, 9 Acolytes (3 Plasma Guns, 6 bolters) 132pts

-Dedicated Transports-
(Tied to Strike Squads)
Razorback w. Psybolt Ammo and Searchlight 51pts
Razorback w. Psybolt Ammo and Searchlight 51pts

-Heavy Support-
Pysfleman Dreadnought 135 pts
Nemesis Dreadknight w. Personal Teleporter and Heavy Incinerator 235pts

-Fortification-
Aegis Defence Line w. Quad-Gun 100pts

Total: 1500 points

One inquisitor with each henchmen squad, they all hang out behind the gun-line and pepper the enemy full of plasma with re-rolls (Divination). The strike squads either hang around to warp quake and gather up deep strikers near Coteaz, advance behind the razorbacks or deep strike with Servo Skull scatter mitigation (which also aids the plasma cannons). Psydread provides light AV fire together with the Razorbacks. NDK burn, NDK smash. What sparked the list idea was the cheap yet massive plasma output we could get from henchmen squads. Razz
Tiberius
Tiberius
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 159
Army : Daemonhunters -No Way!-, Necrons, Ultramarines, A minor Tau Force
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500pts plasma gun-line Empty Re: 1500pts plasma gun-line

Post by DOMIN4TRIX Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:56 pm

Solid - I really like it.

It might be a good idea reserving the Dreadknight to begin with as it is your main answer to AV14 and you wouldnt want to lose it early to ranged fire.
DOMIN4TRIX
DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberius Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:58 pm

Indeed, having the NDK deep strike is probably for the best. At 1750 I intend to add another one, wreaking havoc on an enemy flank while my waves of plasma blast down any potential threats towards my advancing strike squads. I'd love to see foot slogging terminators wanting to have a go against me, and even more so if they deep strike.

Thought: What'd you say about dropping the psybacks, as well as hammers in the SS:s, to exchange two bolter acolytes in each squad for Jokaeros? I'd loose 6 str. 6 TL shots at AP 4 as well as mobile shields for my strike squads, but also gain either 4 Str9 Ap2 shots at 48" range or 4 Str8 ap1 melta shots at 24" range. And they'd be prescienced. On top of that, I'd have the chance on +12" range and rending for all my plasma. Now not even land raiders would want to advance on me without taking caution.

Did a little mathhammer, and a terminator unit within rapid fire range of such a henchmen unit will result in 5 dead storm shield terminators on average, or 9 terminators without storm shields. This discounting the possibility of a scattering blast hitting a couple of models anyway, thus it'd be slightly higher still. Yes, please deep strike near Coteaz and see your squad wiped out before being able to do squat.
Tiberius
Tiberius
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 159
Army : Daemonhunters -No Way!-, Necrons, Ultramarines, A minor Tau Force
Registration date : 2009-12-28

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content