The ladies.

:: Community

Page 6 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: The ladies.

Post by Rion on Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:11 pm

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!! YOU DID IT! So what if she said no you did it!

Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 625
Army : Grey Knights, Knights Camlann (Space Marine)
Registration date : 2012-03-30

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX on Sat Sep 21, 2013 7:21 am

Well done Klomster

DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni on Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:04 pm

Great job Brother!

Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 687
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Sat Sep 21, 2013 8:04 pm

Yes, this is a great step for a brighter future.

Who knows, i might find someone really nice on my harmonica playing evenings. Very Happy

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4156
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DOMIN4TRIX on Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:25 pm

Revisiting my favourite thread on this site - where the brothers of Titan talk about the Wyches, Sororitas, Banshees, Daemonettes and in my case now, the Callidus Assassin that is making life interesting!

It's been a while since I last posted here, moved back home to England and have a new GF of 10 months. Everybody who has read this thread will know that i'm a closet war gamer! None of my ex's have ever known I play. Well this came to a head when my new GF saw me shadily closing my phone down when she came down the stairs - I was most probably looking at this site and closed it down quickly which she thought was very suspicious and a sign I was messing around!

I had some explaining to do and came clean about my under the radar hobby! A few months passed and the new codex came out the other week, I was shopping with her and wanted to stop by and pick it up from the local GW but still had qualms. I bit the bullet and took her in with me! Her exact words were:

'what, you think i've never been in a Games Workshop before? sometimes I go in just to look at how well the models are painted'

She proceeded to note which army I play so she knows what to buy me for Christmas!

I've taken a lot of flak on this thread for my closet gaming so I just thought I'd share my coming out story for your amusement!

DOMIN4TRIX
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 642
Army : Knights, Nids and Necs
Registration date : 2011-08-09

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://corpointdeux.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Souba on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:08 pm

hahahaha. well who would have guessed this Smile

as i said, its not that of an weird hobby! congratulations on getting one of those girls that not only accepts the hobby but also seems to see interrest in the artistic work of it!

Souba
Brother Captain
Brother Captain

Number of posts : 1574
Army : Inquisitorial Army, Necrons, Dark Eldar, Daemons of Chaos
Registration date : 2009-11-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark on Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:20 pm

I've told girls about painting the Grey Knights not there fluff and they actually find it interesting.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 368
Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion on Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:43 pm

lol mine has told me if i ever stop playing 40k cause of her she'll beet the crap out of me (that'll be a sight. I'm a foot taller then her and easily 150 pounds heaver then her).

Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Akoni on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:16 am

She's definitely a keeper brother!!!

I've been dating my girlfriend for over two years now. In fact we've been looking at engagement rings and plan on marrying next year. She's definitely not a geek, but she respects the time and energy I put into my models and game-time with my friends.

Best of luck in the future!

Akoni
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 687
Army : Grey Knights
Registration date : 2011-05-17

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thunder Shark on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:26 am

May be fully be fully related to the topic but one time I random girl I liked way to much trouble than she was worth had a boyfriend.

I figured they'll break up eventually so I decided to do a research project on dating taking all these note cards.

Thunder Shark
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 368
Army : Grey Knights(growing and current)/Imperial Guard(retired)/Dwarfs(retired)/Lizardmen(Collection purposes)
Registration date : 2014-03-04

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Constantine on Fri Sep 05, 2014 6:40 pm

DOMIN4TRIX wrote:Revisiting my favourite thread on this site - where the brothers of Titan talk about the Wyches, Sororitas, Banshees, Daemonettes and in my case now, the Callidus Assassin that is making life interesting!

It's been a while since I last posted here, moved back home to England and have a new GF of 10 months. Everybody who has read this thread will know that i'm a closet war gamer! None of my ex's have ever known I play. Well this came to a head when my new GF saw me shadily closing my phone down when she came down the stairs - I was most probably looking at this site and closed it down quickly which she thought was very suspicious and a sign I was messing around!

I had some explaining to do and came clean about my under the radar hobby! A few months passed and the new codex came out the other week, I was shopping with her and wanted to stop by and pick it up from the local GW but still had qualms. I bit the bullet and took her in with me! Her exact words were:

'what, you think i've never been in a Games Workshop before? sometimes I go in just to look at how well the models are painted'

She proceeded to note which army I play so she knows what to buy me for Christmas!

I've taken a lot of flak on this thread for my closet gaming so I just thought I'd share my coming out story for your amusement!

Lol!!! Great story Brother!!! Sorry for giving you flak before! Embarassed
I have tolerance from my wife when it comes to 40K Razz

+++"There is nothing in the arcane and blasphemous arsenal of the forces of Chaos that can compare to faith. With the power of faith, our weapons become shining instruments of deliverance that can cleave the mightiest daemon in twain. With the power of faith, our minds appear as slivers of pure agony to the daemon, driving into the wretched forms of those who would dare stand before us. With the power of faith, our words become commands that cause the daemon to cower and cringe in terror. I could meet my enemies unarmed without a shred of fear in my chest, for I know that the Emperor watches over me and guides my hand. So let them come. We shall show them what the power of faith can do."+++ (Brother Captain Stern)

Constantine
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 5790
Army : Grand Master Mordrak's Brotherhood, Deathwing...Pretty much any first company! I LOVE terminators!!!
Registration date : 2008-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rion on Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:24 am

Nineteen73 wrote:She's definitely a keeper brother!!!

I've been dating my girlfriend for over two years now. In fact we've been looking at engagement rings and plan on marrying next year. She's definitely not a geek, but she respects the time and energy I put into my models and game-time with my friends.

Best of luck in the future!

Not a geek? You sir are a stronger man then I in that regard. I can only date geeks/nerds/fangirls. I just can't handle "normal" woman. -shudders at the word normal-

Rion
Justicar
Justicar

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer on Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:23 am

Well the definition of normal can actually open a whole new thread just by itself...

DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:10 am

Sponsored content