Competitive 6th edition - what is it?

:: Tactica

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Competitive 6th edition - what is it?

Post by DonFer on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:20 am

I was more on the side of:

BCchamp
4x10 Strikes
2x10 Interceptors

3x Psyfledread

But that's not enough marines for a foot list. I reckon one can include one Inquisitor and 12 Acolites. A combination of Jokaeros, Plasma/Hot-shot las gun Acolites.

If you add Coteaz the saturation is better and one can achieve better results:

Coteaz
2x 10 Purifiers (4 psycannons)
4x12 Henchmen (2 Jokaero, 3 plasma, 7 laspistol)
2x 10 Purgation Squad (4 psycannons)
3x Psyfledread

I'm over 2k with 65 pts. the coteaz part could be trimmed to reach 2k, however I reckon it can be eliminated and add more PA in order to make it pure GK. Thoughts?

Finally if you're willing to Ally, then DA are a great choice 165 pts for 10 marines and flakk missiles is just hard to miss.

DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyriel on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:46 am

Massed marines on foot, well, I no longer believe in that. 3 bale flamers will easily kill 20 marines per turn and there is almost nothing that list can do about it.

I hate it but there seems to be no other option then to start adding terminator minis into the builds just to have a chance when facing chaos due to gws imbecillic and not thought through hellflier rules.

On a second note I was blown away yesterday when I came across this:
http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/505250.page
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/04/40k-lists-adepticon-team-tourney.html

And this:
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/04/40k-mighty-mighty-footdar-at-adepticon.html

Especially the first links showing one of the worlds best GK players using a very very similar list to mine. I had mine for some 4 months now and I love the build and it does really really well but I thought I was alone with it but this actually gives my list building some nice credit.

I go for one big weakness in not having scoring paladins but exchange that for having them way more survivable and giving the army some serious buffs and tricks instead.

Finally if you're willing to Ally, then DA are a great choice 165 pts for 10 marines and flakk missiles is just hard to miss.
I think that IG vendettas are way better as allies. They are even more OP then the hellfliers and waste both air and ground units that are not hordes with ease.
Fluff wise allied IG trumps allied DA or other SM by miles although I hate the notion of allies never the less.

Pyriel
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 394
Army : Pure GK, Salamanders, orks
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer on Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:58 am

Ah but actually your list is exactly like that great player's list! Razz

Anyways, there are metas and there are metas. I reckon that against Tyranids the list does wonders, but against Tau, or IG it'll struggle. What's your take on CronAir? How does it handle fliers with only 3 Dreads to do the trick @Snap Shots? As you mentioned what happens with a helldrake and your foot marines? How about 2?

DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Rivan on Wed Feb 13, 2013 7:46 am

Pyriel wrote:http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/505250.page

Especially the first links showing one of the worlds best GK players using a very very similar list to mine. I had mine for some 4 months now and I love the build and it does really really well but I thought I was alone with it but this actually gives my list building some nice credit.

I know Blackmoor, very nice guy. I played him to a draw in one of the GT's I attended when he was using his Footdar and I was using my GM/Coteaz + paladin list Razz

"Though we face the power of hell, and death is at our side, we fear not, for the Emperor is with us through it all. If we live, we live for the Emperor. If we die, we die for the Emperor. So whether we live or die, we are the Emperor's. We are Grey Knights and this is why we came to be." --Grandmaster Rivan

"It is said that if you know your enemies and know yourself, you will not be imperiled in a hundred battles; if you do not know your enemies but do know yourself, you will win one and lose one; if you do not know your enemies nor yourself, you will be imperiled in every single battle." --Sun Tzu (from ancient Earth)

Rivan
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 4389
Army : Grey Knights 7th Brotherhood, Salamanders
Registration date : 2009-03-05

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer on Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:28 am

Very popular list actually! Razz

DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyriel on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:14 am

DonFer wrote:Ah but actually your list is exactly like that great player's list! Razz

Anyways, there are metas and there are metas. I reckon that against Tyranids the list does wonders, but against Tau, or IG it'll struggle. What's your take on CronAir? How does it handle fliers with only 3 Dreads to do the trick @Snap Shots? As you mentioned what happens with a helldrake and your foot marines? How about 2?

I thought I was alone with the list. Itīs not the same though, he sacrafices army buffs and paladin staying power for the benefit of having them scoring.

I only faced cronair once with this one, it was ok but you need to be careful about what to deepstrike.
Their flyers went down pretty fast but then again I concentrated everything (deepstriking psycannons next to them even in places far from objectives etc...only to summon things back later) on the most dangerous fliers and took them down before they managed to cause to much damage. Terrain and shrouding really helped.
He used cron air with a heavy wraith presence. I won that match.

Helldrakes own foot marines true but then again paladins dont care about helldrakes (contrary to an all PAGK foot army that would just be tabled by helldrakes) and those 5 paladin psycannons scare the crap out of helldrakes who need to run the pallie gauntlet in order to try and fry a spaced out strike combat squad covered by paladins.

(5 psycannons because there are 4 mastarcrafted, essentially making for 5)

Pyriel
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyriel on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:15 am

To be honest, so far the most trouble I have seen using this build is from orks. Well built orks completely massacre this pallie build.

Pyriel
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Zealadin on Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:28 pm

Noooooo, not the FOOTDAR list!

I can't get the first link to work Sad

Zealadin
Grand Master
Grand Master

Number of posts : 3279
Army : Retired Eldar, Puritan Grey Knights, Dark Eldar
Registration date : 2008-09-14

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://kael-din.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:35 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top