Terminators discussion

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Terminators discussion

Post by volvoe on Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:24 pm

Thanks brother Souba. When I first saw the beast of war's videos on the dark angel's HQ choices, they decided it would be best to put two libarians each with a devastator squad. Now looking at us we only have inquisitors that could do the job. However we could get a psycannon on our inquisitor! But yeah stats wise the librarian is superior. They are both versatile units to where we could change their wargear to our benefit.

volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus on Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:05 am

what we need is someone to test game a DA Deathwing army against a GK Paladinwing....

Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest on Fri Feb 01, 2013 3:36 am

In the white dwarf didn't they do a "gauntlet" type test and GKT's won??

Back to top Go down

Post by Corennus on Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:51 am

haven't read WD for...let's see......4 months?

besides, most WD test armies really are fluff armies and not chosen for their tactical strengths IMO

Corennus
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 664
Army : Ex player from 5th ed.
Registration date : 2011-02-11

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 on Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:22 pm

In the white dwarf gauntlet, deathwing won.the original contest was assault terminators vs gkts. My friend plays a deathwing army and the hardest thing about fighting them is that they are fearless. If you lose your hammer(s) before the assault, it's a bad day. I haven't taken on the knights yet, but they are ws5 so if you don't have a banner or number superiority you will probably get tar pitted for a while. I am going to take my paladins against him tomorrow so I will submit more thoughts on this later. Any one have any additional advise?

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer on Sat Feb 02, 2013 6:54 am

Teach him how we sons of Titan deal with heretics! Twisted Evil Razz

DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Pyriel on Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:48 pm

In a wing against wing contest the GK stand no chance what so ever (only using termies in both armies).
Reason is plasma cannons.

In a wing vs wing with some other things thrown in GK still dont stand a chance in hell.
Reason: plasma cannons.

In a more realistic environment where the armies are supposed to be built to take on all comers there wont be any plasma cannons (no room since everything needs to be cycloned to handle the meta) and then things start to get in GKs favor.

Paladins vs DWknights in a vacuum = DWknights should loose point for point, they wound on 2+ whereas paladins wound on 4+ at best (shield wall) and there will be more DWknights.
I might be wrong here since I havent done the math on this but I see it as this:

DWknight squad (7) deepstrike 8´ away from the paladins (5 with two psycannons). (dont remember the exact point costs though).
Paladins can either dance backwards killing with shooting until the DW knights roll a good charge or fire once and charge themselves denying the S10 AP2 gimmick.
We will see a DWknight 5-6 wounds vs paladin 10 wounds where the DWknights cause under double the amount of wounds vs the paladins but attrition will kill (thus lower caused wounds) faster on the 1W DWknights.

Outside a vacuum GKs should win hands down, strike squads deny close deepstrike and things like DWknights can be shot to pieces from range.
As long as range is maintained outside 12 and within 24 the GK S5 stormbolters and psycannons will outkill the DW cyclones and combibolters.

Things like deepstriking plasma speeders are a short ranged one use gimmick but careful positioning and libbies using shrouding will be a must since a big S7 AP2 pie plate with a 24´range can spoil the day for a Gk army.

Pyriel
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 463
Army : Pure GK, Salamanders, orks
Registration date : 2008-03-07

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:19 pm

One thing that always helped my termies to survive was this simple tactic.

This game has 2" coherency rule. USE ALL OF IT!

The termies 40mm bases combined with this actually makes a small blast only able to hit a single dude with a hit, and perhaps 2 on a good scatter.
Sure that dude goes down if it's a plasma cannon, but it helps.

This of course is in-compatible with deep-striking (a tactic i never used) and makes usage of cover trickier. It also spreads out your unit, which can work against you.

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4194
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 11:43 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top