Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All round army 1500 pts

3 posters

Go down

All round army 1500 pts Empty All round army 1500 pts

Post by Asahiro Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:11 am

Hi brothers,

Here is my planned army:

HQ: (260 pts)
Librarian (2 spells - Might of Titan, Warp rift)
Corteaz (divination)

Elites: (145 pts)
Vindicare Assassin

Troops: (474 pts)
Henchmen warband 1 - 3x Warrior Acolyte + Razorback with twin-linked lascannon
Henchmen warband 2 - 3x Warrior Acolyte + Razorback with twin-linked heavy bolter + psybolt ammunition
Henchmen warband 3 - 3x Servitors with plasma cannons + Chimera (multilaser + heavy bolter)
Terminators - 5x with 1 incinerator + 2 halberds + 2 hammers

Fast: (150 pts)
Interceptor squad - 5x with 1 psycannon + 1 hammer

Heavy: (470 pts)
Nemesis Dreadknight with heavy incinerator + heavy psycannon
Psydread
Psydread

Total: 1499 pts

Strategy:
- Assassin to infiltrate close to vunerable armoured targets of enemy and will try to make short job of them with turbopenetrator rounds.
- Interceptor squad is distrupting unit for enemy deepstrikes in first 2 turns, which will hopefully prey on separated targets afterwards.
- Dreadknight is protecting shooting line (Razorbacks, Chimera, Dreads) from deepstrikers
- Shooting line to focus fire on single targets / flyers (if any)
- Corteaz goes in Chimera with servitors in the center of shooting line
- Main assault punch to be provided by deepstriking librarian together with termies which will try to do as much damage as possible with template weapons in turn they arrive (especially very effective against low I units with strong armour/inv saves - wraights/Tau skimmers and suits/monsters/tanks), hopefully, they would be able to withstand 2 turns afterwards.

Normally, I´m playing against Necrons (with 2 doomsday ark campers and 1 annihilation bark/wraights combo), Eldar/Tau joint army (more or less big camping army with bloody broadsides/hammerheads combos) and/or SM (2-3 drop pods, land raider). Flyers are not as big threats as usual in tournaments these days - rarely I have to face more than 1 flyer per army and psydreads are quite effective against these.

Would do you think about my army? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Brother Asahiro.

Asahiro
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2012-04-10

Back to top Go down

All round army 1500 pts Empty Re: All round army 1500 pts

Post by first strike Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:21 pm

I would look to drop one H.Q, at 1500 pts, 2 hq's is one to many. I would also look ath improving your troops, you have 4 units at the moment, 3 of which are soft. The assassian will last about one shot, I love them but they do not work and for the point you can spend better elsewhere. I would replace the dreadkinght with a strike squad, it will up your troops and they will so a better job at protecting the back line and will free up the interceptors to do their job. Any points left over can be spent on more bodies for the interceptors.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberian Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:38 pm

I agree with first strike one hq and definitely up the troop count for objective based games
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 112
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Orks
Registration date : 2012-01-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiberian Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:41 pm

maybe add a rhino or razorback to get troops across the board and make them more survivable. I know your termies can deep strike but they are going to be a high priority target especially if they are close to your opponents deployment zone.
Tiberian
Tiberian
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 112
Army : Grey Knights, Tau, Orks
Registration date : 2012-01-16

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content