Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

2000 point semi draigowing

3 posters

Go down

2000 point semi draigowing Empty 2000 point semi draigowing

Post by ravenfire Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:13 pm

I am contemplating a 2000 point list and would like to have some advise

my list is roughtly

draigo (suggestion appreciated for powers)

coteaz (divination powers)

10x paladin
apothecary
1x warding stave
1x hammer
2x psycannon
4x halberd
2x sword

1x solodin
warding stave

10x interceptors
2x psycannon
2x hammers
6x halberd

2x dreadknight
sword
personal teleporter

total about 2000 points

In my opinion this list has 1 nice hammer unit, 2 units of vehicle killer potential and 3 fast moving units. My idea is that in objective games the interceptor unit will become a objective capable unit and will be combat squadded if required.
Otherwise the dreadknights could get scouting to provide fast attacking capability.
Coteaz can be either deployed with the paladins or the interceptors to provide out of fase shooting or divination power protection to the paladins
Draigo with te paladins will give this unit fearless and feel no pain on top of 2++/5++

ravenfire
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2011-10-28

Back to top Go down

2000 point semi draigowing Empty Re: 2000 point semi draigowing

Post by first strike Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:32 pm

I dont believe Draigo can have different psy powers, (could be wrong), the palidins will want to have psy bolts, would look at 2 hammers as well and swords can be helpfull on the palidans (4+ invo in hand to hand will beat the I6 from the halberds as most things that can beat the 2+ armour will be at I1 anyway).
The interceptors would also like to have psybolts if you have the points. Halberds are expensive for these guys (purifiers and interceptors are the only units I would even look at giving halberds due to points cost), but I can see advantages to them due to the changes in powerweapons now.
Dreadkinghts are a better unit in 6th ed then they were before but for the points you can bring so much more to the tabel and lets face it when runing Draigo and Coteaz you are not worried about otheres feelings.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenfire Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:38 pm

Thank you for your comments.

The remark to get swords for my paladins, is one I was contemplating also. But I think I should still have some variation for wound allocation in 6th ??
All units will have psybolt ammo ofc. just forgot to add

My list wat exactly 2000 points, including psybolt ammo for paladin unit and interceptors

I could bring much to the table, but I have 2 knights and love the models and they scare my opponents to death whenever I field them.

Could you care to explain the changes in powerweapons please. And am I correct that the force weapons are not power weapons also anymore ?

ravenfire
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:22 pm

First off first strike is right, Draigo can't take any different powers only libbies/inquisitors/coteaz can.
Secondly wound allocation shenanigans based on differeing wargear no longer exists. Personally I throw 2 guys with swords to the front of the unit to take wounds and then have halberds and hammers behind for a bit more safety.
You're right force weapons are no longer power weapons, they get their own profiles based on what the particular weapons is(axe/sword etc) However all Nemesis Force weapons count as Unusual Force Weapons(and you can't imagine the arguing it took to make people realise that lol) and as such follow different rules again. Namely they're AP3, except for hammers which are AP2.

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by first strike Thu Dec 20, 2012 8:21 pm

With the way halberds work now, I will now always have a halberd on my justicars for chalanges (I6 will normaly go before most independent characters and hammers will see you going last and a 3+ armour save with no invo, will see you dead). I6 over I4 on the rest of the interceptors is a personal choice, I still see them as to pricie, interceprots are still not close combat troops (unlike jump marines) but it will let you use them without giving the opp the ability to strike back in the right situation.
As for dreadknights I used them in nearly every list I played in 5th (love the model) always in 2's, and had some success, with 6th ed they got more killie, and did not get more survivable which was the problem with them in 5th ed, they are now better if they get stuck into hand to hand, in 5th I used them as a mobile fire base as they would die just as fast in hand to hand as from enemy shooting.
As for wound allocation, it is dead, there are ways to make it work, Draigo in front of the unit can fail 3 las cannon shots before you have to worry about him going down, even a high str high ap large blast (unless it is ordance) will see him taking 3+ invo saves to keep the unit going, if he is the closest, and in hand to hand if you get the warding stalf into the base to base then he can take 2+ invo saves untill he failes, only do this against the hammers and fists as he will be wasted on normal hits that would not avoid armour. (I have seen some nasty looks from across the table on that one).
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenfire Fri Dec 21, 2012 7:36 am

Thank you for the suggestions again:)
I will certainly make those small changes to the list (justicar with halberd, some warding stave duedes in the front for hammers and fists) Draigo in front etc.

The fact that my interceptors are not there for the ultimate close combat, but they are my option to make them scoring with the aid of grand strategy when Iam playing objectives. Then combat squad them to give me a minimum of 4 scoring units.
Interceptors will try to do the 30inch jump to contest or claim objectives at the last possible moment.
The DK are there to annoy people Smile Smile

Iam I right if I say that a DK with the sword (reroll to hit/wound) is now also S10 and counts as an extra handweapon for the extra attack ?

ravenfire
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by bigbri Fri Dec 21, 2012 10:40 am

Yep thanks to the FAQ NDKs get str 10 with rerolls and +1 for extra weapon thanks to the sword/fist combo. Also don't forget it's a character as well which means you can challenge, offers all sorts of potential shenanigans, like tying up an entire ork mob by killing the claw off in a challenge >=]

bigbri
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 712
Army : Grey Knights/Space Wolves/Imperial Guard
Registration date : 2010-08-04

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by ravenfire Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:15 am

hehe thats a well known fantasy tactic Smile zoom in with a single character and challenge the unit so you can only be attacked by the single char SmileSmile

ravenfire
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:41 pm

I would drop the interceptors... they are not a cc unit. You already have 2 DK's with teleporters, that you can make scoring if you want to with draigo's grand strategy.

With the points spare, maybe add in more PAGK's for troops choices. maybe get some psybacks for that extra pew pew. Or a rhino to use as a wall to screen the 10 man unit of pallies.

maybe drop 1 sword and give the DK an incinerator instead. It kills more.

Drop the solodin. Huge point sink. Add more Strike squads.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down