Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Heavy support choices

5 posters

:: Tactica

Go down

Heavy support choices Empty Heavy support choices

Post by alter359 Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:26 pm

I've got 1500 pt tournament coming up(my first) and don't know what I should take for heavy choices. I have 2 mortis dreads (could be 3 if I can get time top clean and repaint one, a god hammer lr, and a knight ( 2 fist and optional flamer), also a venerable with assault and sb that could be used as a regular. What would the best combo be to actually be competitive? I don't know the missions yet, amd have no delusions of actually winning but still want to put up a good fight. Any help would be appreciated.

alter359
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2012-09-20

Back to top Go down

Heavy support choices Empty Re: Heavy support choices

Post by first strike Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:48 pm

For a tournament normaly the 3 Psy rifle dreads are the go. The land raider would have to serve a role in the army (normaly assult squad delivery) and then a crusader or redeamer will be a better option, and the dreadknights work better in pairs or more.
You could take 2 rifle dreads as heavy and then a land raider or dreadkinght, plus an elite dread but I think the venerable dreads are over costed with the hull point rules.
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by DonFer Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:41 am

True about the VenDreads not worth any more.
I'd say it depends on what your army is focusing with. If MSU, perhaps Purgation Squads are good. A DK is great against MCs but needs support firepower in order to progress in the game. I wouldn't suggest a LR anymore. Take a SR instead, you gain a flier and the ability to shoot at those pesky nightscythes. but always consider some dreads in there. Best way to deal with everything.

DonFer
DonFer
Terminator
Terminator

Number of posts : 1398
Registration date : 2010-10-21

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:41 am

I still love LR (any types) cause i haven't see much flyers yet ! Wink
And LR protects my termies/pallies unit to the critical point of the fight ... i'm not very found of DS (bad experiences)
but it could change... scratch
I like DKs in a full DTA list : seeing termies pallies and DKs on the battle field makes me happy ! Razz Twisted Evil
Aubec pirat
Aubec le noir
Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3745
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by volvoe Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:00 pm

At 1500 points a LR is very strong, however it's going to take away from your overall model count. Our units are pretty expensive and so we usually find ourselves out numbered. However, the LR will add to survivability.

With 6th edition, most of the missions will rely on your troops to score for you. That being said more scoring units will be better. A grand master will allow you to gain additional scoring units, but the fact that our regular termies are troops is just awesome. Terminators are so strong now.

Psydreads are always awesome. Twin-linked S8 autocannons with a good range will provide so much fire support.

A good place to start is mastercraftgaming.com, one of the brothers here is part of the site and has really good tactics (I'm not but I still think its really helpful)! I think the best way to think is how will your army answers to other armies.

Just my few thoughts
volvoe
volvoe
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 223
Army : Purifier Variant
Registration date : 2012-04-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content