Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1500 Point Army without Inquisitors

4 posters

Go down

1500 Point Army without Inquisitors Empty 1500 Point Army without Inquisitors

Post by Whipthorn Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:50 pm

Hey guys, I've been playing and collecting for about a year now, still haven't won a single battle, but the last few games since using this list below have been extremely close. I wanted to have an army free of Inquisitors and without Spamming like I've seen a lot of other GK players do. I also wanted to avoid using as many psyker powers as possible, since I am usually up against Eldar (roll 3d6 on psychic tests, anything over 12 is Perils of the Warp) and Tyranids (any doubles on psychic tests are Perils of the Warp), and often the three of us are all on the field at once.

HQ

Brotherhood Champion w/Empyrean Brain Mines (warlord)

Troops

Strike Squad (10)
2 Hammers, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo, Rhino

Strike Squad (10)
2 Hammers, 2 Psycannons, Psybolt Ammo, Rhino

Strike Squad (5)
1 Hammer, 1 Psycannon, Razorback w/ Psybolt ammo

Strike Squad (5)
1 Hammer, 1 Psycannon, Razorback w/ Psybolt ammo

Heavy Support

Purgation Squad (5)
1 Hammer, 4 Psycannons, Razorback w/Psybolt ammo

Purgation Squad (5)
1 Hammer, 4 Psycannons, Razorback w/Psybolt ammo

=1500 points

I'm so close to winning with this list, it will just be a matter of time. But nevertheless I still haven't won. Any and all advice is welcome!

Whipthorn
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 23
Army : Grey Knights FTW! 4250 Pt Army ready to roll!
Registration date : 2012-10-02

Back to top Go down

1500 Point Army without Inquisitors Empty Re: 1500 Point Army without Inquisitors

Post by first strike Tue Oct 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Eldar are a problem but nids are not that bad, for 1 you need to be within 12" and 2 the psy test is taken on 3d6 with only a double 1 or a double 6 being a problem, not all doubles.
I would still take Coteaz just for the controll of first turn and if you need the points drop the hammers on the purg squads, they should not be looking to get into hand to hand anyway.
Otherwise it looks like a strong list
first strike
first strike
Grey Knight
Grey Knight

Number of posts : 409
Army : Grey Knights, Eldar, Space Wolves, High Elf
Registration date : 2012-02-08

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

1500 Point Army without Inquisitors Empty Re: 1500 Point Army without Inquisitors

Post by Sai Wed Oct 03, 2012 12:27 am

I'd change one of the large strike squads into interceptors. You only lose a rhino and you get jump-pack marines with a shunt move that gets them where they need to go far faster than trundling along in an APC. It also reduces spam and you just need to dig out 20 points to make the swap.
Obviously don't send them out on their tod though- keep them behind your convoy and use them as a mobile reserve to take out heavy support or redirect the opposition as you get closer.

For someone who wants to avoid spam you have a number of psycannons in there. With units of 20 cultists running around for 100 points and the defence lines a lot of armies throw up you might want to consider some incinerators. Just don't put them on strike squads- they cost a bomb. On the other hand if you convert a squad to purifiers they get them for free, which again takes down the amount of spam.
Or you could add a 5 man strike squad to a purgation squad and get 4 of them. Or take 2 incinerators and 2 psycannon in a purgation squad and then combat squad them to get a 2 incinerator and 2 psycannon squad. With this approach the only change you make to your army is the incinerators and organisation.

Sai
Sai
Justicar
Justicar

Number of posts : 754
Registration date : 2010-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by Whipthorn Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:10 am

Took a modified version of this list out against a very mobile eldar army. lots of bikes, walkers, a unit of snipers, a small unit of infantry, and a couple of their tanks.

We ended at turn 4 (due to time constraints) in the MIssion The Emperors Will, he won 4-1 by being able to hop across the board to contest my objective, and then getting Linebreaker. Had we gone to turn 5, I would have at least tied, if not won.

At the end of turn 4 I had 22 knights, 1 razorback, and my dreadnought left. He had 2 infantry, 2 walkers (one damaged), 1 tank, and 10 bikes. In total, we each had a little over half our forces left.

I kept track of how well incinerators would have been, and in this battle, they would have been wasted points. Next week I am going up against Tyranids, where they will be a lot more effective. Thanks for the advice on those!

Whipthorn
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by slayer18 Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:43 pm

I'd swap the purgation squads for a pair of psyfleman.it would still technically be a foot list and you would save on points while gaining a massive amount of range. You could then use the models from the purgation squad to plus up a strike squad and make them purifiers. A 10 man purifier squad with the bro champ would be pretty effectIve in cc.

slayer18
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 198
Army : Grey Knights-5k, Ravenwing-1k(so far), Tau 2k
Registration date : 2011-09-05

Back to top Go down

Post by Whipthorn Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:10 pm

In a tourney, I might swap the Purgation for dual TLAC dreads, but the terrain we play with really limits the Dreads LOS, and I can't get them across the field as fast as Purgation with Razorbacks. The other advantage is being able to park the Purgation Squads in cover or concealment and be able to hit an enemy with 16 S7 shots instead of 4 S7 shots. Plus, Purgation doesn't need line of sight.

I'm not a fan of Purifier Squads. Yes, they have their uses, but they are more expensive than Strike Squads, and CC is hard to get into with Eldar, not to mention suicide against Nidz.

Range has not really been a problem with this list, as its a fast moving one, and if I need a big range weapon, I'd swap the Dread out for a techmarine with conversion beamer ontop something big and sitting at the corner of the board.

Whipthorn
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down