Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

500pt Army Help

2 posters

Go down

500pt Army Help Empty 500pt Army Help

Post by Tiger10 Mon Jul 30, 2012 3:40 am

Helo everybody this is one of my first attempts at playing 500pts, but I am going to help my friend with learning the 6th ed rules.

My lists usually revolve around a background story, which consists of three brothers and a sister that were sepperated at birth. One brother becomes the Grand Master of the Tiger Warriors Space Marines (normal SM), the other a Captain of the 14th Elysian and the last Brother Captain Arrow of the Grey Knights.
A good friend of Arrow, Lord Inquizitor Ferrous of the Ordo Mallius informs him that he has a sister, Inquizitor Servillia of the Ordo Xenos who was last heard reseaching the death world of Tigurius Prime, but has not been heard from for some time.

Servillia is not a very strong warrior at all and relies on the little technology she has. On the other hand she posses a power other than her psychic abilities, she is completly immune to the will of Chaos and shines brighter than a nova in the mind eye of a psyker. She can see the main tide of a battle before the battle starts, (also arguments with follows) being able to avoiding it WITHOUT USING PSYCHIC POWERS. This is why Chaos chases her across the universe, trying to destroy her, and the Ordo Mallius are desperatly trying to find her.

Tigurius Prime is actuly a Necron tomb world, that is why Servillia escaped from the Ordo Mallius, she believes their technology or that of the C'tan, has something to do with her power. (Her power dose nothing in gaming terms)

My friend uses Necrons and Eldar, but I'll be versing Necrons, I'm not shore on his list but here is mine

HQ
Inquisitor Servillia, 2x needle pistols, Rad and psychotroke grenades, Psyker

TROOPS
GKTS, psycannon
GKSS, psycannon, rino

490pts

Now I'd like to use Servillia to try out something new but mabye in the future I'll use Ferrous (T armour and psycan).
We usually use a tolerance of 5pts so I have 15pts to spare (505pts)
And also I'm considering loosing the other Needle pistol (W on 2+, ap2 but 12in and one shot) for a warding stave on the Termie justicar. Is there something better that I could use instead of the rino or should I keep it and would giving her power armour help or not.

All C&C welcome thanks Very Happy
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 197
Army : Grey Knights, Tiger Warriors Space Marines, 14th Elysian
Registration date : 2011-08-07

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

500pt Army Help Empty Re: 500pt Army Help

Post by Tiger10 Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:58 pm

I have decided to loose the rino because one volly of gauss will wreck it, so I shall probably use this.

Servillia as is

GKT, psycan, warding stave
GKSS, psycan

470pts

35pts left, what would be best to spend that on Very Happy
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klauzer Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:51 am

Theres also the option of a Malleus inquisitor in termie armor and a psycannon attached to a 10 man strike squad. That way when you use prescience...and btw thats the only power you will ever need with an inquisitor psyker...you'll have 3 twin linked psycannons and 8 twin linked s5 storm bolters. The power also carries through to combat, which will give you so many hits that rad and psychotroke won't matter!

HQ
Ordo malleus inquisitor - psyker, terminator armor, psycannon, 2x servo skulls (120ish)

troops
10x strike squad - MC force hammer, 2x psycannons, psybolt ammo (255)
5x strike squad - MC force hammer, psycannon (125)

Shoot everything to pieces with your deathstar unit, and keep the other squad in reserve to deep strike down near one of your skulls. Most games are about objectives instead of killing units, so having that 5 man squad out of the line of fire for as long as possible will mean good things for you!
Klauzer
Klauzer
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Really Fluffy
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Klauzer Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:52 am

Ok, i took the time to read your fluff...list works with the xenos inquisitor too. Power armor is a good idea, and at 500 points you probably don't need psychotroke grenades, which gives you points to work with. BTW, i never succeed with terminators at 500 points. Blobs of power armor are the way to go!
Klauzer
Klauzer
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 94
Army : Really Fluffy
Registration date : 2011-09-11

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiger10 Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:29 am

Thanks for the great advice Klauzer and for reading my fluff Very Happy
I will give this a try I was really thinking about having more bodies
More psycannons are always welcome, psybolts are fun
If I leave the the psyo grenades and a hammer I can have a MC ward stave to use in challenges.
My friend will probably run a necron overlord with warscythe and 2++ so I'm worried about challenges.

Thanks again Very Happy
Tiger10
Tiger10
Henchmen
Henchmen

Grey knight
stats:

Back to top Go down