How to best protect my Warhound with GK

:: Tactica

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to best protect my Warhound with GK

Post by Wbravenboer on Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:18 am

Guys,
this weekend we are going for a massive Apocalypse battle, I am using a 6000 point
GK list, with Draigo and lots of Paladins, Stormravens, LandRaiders, Dreadnoughts and so on.
Also in my list a Warhound Titan, as my opponent's team has Blood Angels with
nasty Drop pods with Melta-vet squads, I want to protect the Titan against those
Deep Strikers. For now I am planning a few Strike Squads, using Warp Quake to
hinder the Deep Strikers. Anymore ideas, suggestions?

Wbravenboer
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2012-03-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: How to best protect my Warhound with GK

Post by itsuperslug on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:05 am

use warp quake, strike and interceptor squads, to force him to land where you want him then use Coteaz, and squad with many psycannons, to shoot him when he does land

itsuperslug
Henchmen
Henchmen

Number of posts : 180
Army : ultramarines, grey knights
Registration date : 2010-05-26

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wbravenboer on Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:26 am

Good Idea about Coteaz! Didn't think about that, I will put him in a squad and close to the Titan. Also I am using the Disruptor Beacon Asset.
First time I will be using Draigo by the way, my team will be fielding IG and Tau, so lots and lots of armour on the table. Opponents are BA, Tyranids, Chaos Marines and Guard.

Wbravenboer
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Wed Jul 25, 2012 5:09 am

You could get a techmarine or techpriest in the list for those times it does actually get hurt to help it get back up running.

Just spec on getting high repair roll, you have other units that kill stuff. Like the titan.

Just curious, what layout is the titan?

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Number of posts : 4153
Army : Think positive, it will soon get worse. (Mechanicus)
Registration date : 2007-12-21

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wbravenboer on Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:01 am

Titan has Turbo destructor and Plasma Blastgun, so nice big template weapons. Alle players get to field one Super Heavy, so lots of Baneblades, one scary Tyranid monster and a Thunderbolt. At least we have some railguns, these are very very nasty in the new edition.... Both sides have 18.000 points, so I expect we will be going on for a long time Wink

Wbravenboer
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Aubec le noir on Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:48 am

you could use skulls too ... i don't remember well the rules of them but it seems that they bloke DS (or infiltration ?) in 6" ... scratch
Aubec pirat

Aubec le noir
Adeptus Moderatus
Adeptus Moderatus

Number of posts : 3638
Army : 40K : GK (curious isn't it ;-) ) WHB : Dwarfs, Ogres, Mercs
Registration date : 2009-11-01

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile http://lacompagniephoenix.bb-fr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:48 am

Well, i'm gonna take a peek into the apocalypse strategic assets. From the core book to help you with this part. (Don't think we have any others that really look into these on the site)

Some that can be useful, and why for the puppy.

Camoflauge:
Will make your vehicle obscured the first round, which i guess translates to a 4+ cover save. This can be useful the first round but becomes obsolete fast, not really recomended.

Strategic redeployment:
Could be really useful if you get in a pinch, you can basically teleport the titan to a new place. (Fluff-wise they run REALLY fast so that shouldn't be a problem) main thing that speaks against it is that the warhound can convert shooting a weapon into D6 extra movement, add its main move of 12" and you move 16"-24" (of course less reliable, but non the less a lot of move for a super heavy.)

Disruptor beacon:
This is probably your best bet, since it mucks with reserves. (a bunker thing with some fancy radar dishes and whatnot should be fine, read book for details)
It works in the way that any reinforcements (even your allies if you feel like a prick) that enter play within 48" of the beacon is targeted.
When this happens, roll a D6, on a 4+ YOU decide where it lands. (This can be difficult terrain on the other side of the board, outside the 48" radius as well Razz)
No need to say you will have to defend this beacon with your forces when your foe realizes what it is so do just that, put it in cover and screen it with infantry, perhaps get a friend to lend some of his defense troops. Just hope the enemy doesn't use Jammers Razz
But this one can with some good rolls deploy the enemy army in totally f**'d up places. Don't use against deamons though, they get so sad.

Shield generator:
Is also very useful, and not just only for the titan.
In a 12" radius bubble around your beacon/generator (same base size as beacon) all your forces recieve a 4+ inv save against ANY attack originating from more than 12" away.
All vehicles become obscured (and gets the nifty probably 4+ cover save.)
This one will really boost your survivability.

Scheduled bombardment:
Is fun, really fun. Much more fun than orbital strike.
1st, it gives you 3 orbital strikes for one. 2nd, you feel like a real strategist when you sit there with your secret map and just dictate where your carefully planned strikes occur.
You could use this to clean up around the titan, if you decide to leave it stationary (which is boring and un-fluffy, but your choice.)
Or you could try to plan its path through the battlefield and have artillery pounding all around it as it advance. That would result in a really memorable battle, where bombardment creates a wall of death around your titan as it advances.

And there are a bunch more that could be interesting, just check them out and come up with some devious plans yourself.
Strategic assets are alot of fun when you ignore boring and stupid ones like flank march. (Only one that ever is used around here it seems, IT'S STUPID!!!)
Just try to sneak a titan into the back of the foe without being some kind of tactical master.... CREEEEEEEEDD!!!!!

Razz

Good luck with the game.

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wbravenboer on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:22 am

My Blood Angels opponent chuckles and mentions 'Vortex Grenade'...

Wbravenboer
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Klomster on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:26 am

Immidiately thinks warlord titan.

2 vortex missiles Twisted Evil

If you want to that is Razz

Klomster
Adeptus Administratum
Adeptus Administratum

Grey knight
stats:

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wbravenboer on Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 am

Thanks for the tips!
I am afraid that my Warhound (lucius class) will be getting enough attention as it is... I doubt he will survive very long, hopefully he can do some damage though.
It is a beautiful model, I love Forgeworld.

My list has lots of armour, 4 Landraiders, dreadknight, dreadnoughts, Stormraven, Razorbacks, and my ally list has a Stormtalon and perhaps a Whirlwind or Predator, not sure about that, I can fill about 900 points in my Ally-list (love that in 6th editon).

Wbravenboer
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wbravenboer on Fri Jul 27, 2012 1:24 am

Just read up on the stats of the Barbed Hierodule that will be running around on the table... damn! 12 shots S10 AP3, that is one dangerous tyranid... now to get Draigo and his pals against him...

Wbravenboer
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Wbravenboer on Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:51 am

Saturday was our big battle, the Anti-Titan tactics worked well, Coteaz ans his squad managed to wipe out Terminator squad. Because our table was a bit too small, my purifiers could not get to the enemy, the only unit they could attack was one very hard Necron unit and a very irritating Mephiston.
The Dreadknight did pretty good, but was killed in the end by the aforementioned Mephiston.
The Paladins got to fight against Astorath, and held on, but could not kill him.
Draigo got challenged by Dante, but those AP2 weapons are very annoying, and with our AP3 weapons his 2+ save rescued him. Draigo was beaten by Dante... alas.
My precious Titan was in the end destroyed by the Hierodule's mighty weapons and a final salvo from a Hive Tyrant.
I still play too cautious with my men, but it was a fun fight. The great winners on our side were the huge Imperial Guardsmen blocks, who wiped out a lot of tyranid carnifexes, raveners and marine.
Moment of the match; a Hammerhead tank-shocking a Necron Overlord, who got killed.

Wbravenboer
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:56 pm

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top